View Poll Results: Which of these issues of the game needs to be fixed? (choose as many as you want)

Voters
498. You may not vote on this poll
  • Capping a level 10 NPC is too easy!! (easier than level 9 even! HA! Warriors? Randomize the troopS!

75 15.06%
  • Capping a level 10 NPC is too POWERFUL!! (wow, a near maxed city in one shot? Ridiculous)

89 17.87%
  • NPCs have too much!! (all other resource aspects are super weak, Taxes and Fields mean ziltcho)

115 23.09%
  • All NPCs/valleys are too simple!! (rando the troops! Ex: heavy on archer / or cav / or swordsman)

68 13.65%
  • Building X lvl NPCs narby is too simple!(server gets filled & blocks legit enem/newbs for tiny cost)

149 29.92%
  • Archers are too strong!! (makes all other units weak)

164 32.93%
  • Too easy to protect range units with rainbow/Darwin troops!! (1 of each unit stops whole platoons?)

224 44.98%
  • Abandoning a capped town is to devastating!(how can vaporizing all a players work instantly be fair?

138 27.71%
  • Swapping heroes for mayor minimizes build times too much!! (why even HAVE a "mayor")

102 20.48%
  • Cavalry can capture towns way too quick!! (no reason to ever send anything else)

76 15.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The anti-exploit, pro-nerf topic. Cheese, and fixing it.

Default No ONE WILL READ THIS BUT . . .

When your a medium player (have two cities) resource fields are useless you can steal whatever you need Only new players need them
    (maybe this is way game should be? Also I would like to point out the resource cap the buildings make isn't really enforced. Any player can store way beyond that, who cares if you cant produce more you have 15 million stored from NPC's FREE!!)
    YAY FARMING!?

Point taken combat mechanics need a re-haul

Scrap all old mechanics and make totally new ones

Seriously
    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (''') (''')

Copy and paste bunny to your signiture to help her dominate the universe

Destroying all with Her power

Freedom of Ranks, Diplomacy, Free Market, aesthetics

Well i read through first 12 pages, and didn't see anyone address it, so here it goes,i wouldn't mine scraping all my barracks and building the workshop and stuff, what i wan't to see addressed is the defense issue. Perhaps say upkeep goes up per unit in the city, or in increments of tens of thousands, this way people won't be able to support such massive armies, also make wall defenses need upkeep? Traps break, sprang by animals, the wood in trechubutes rots, at stone cracks, abaies which is wood i think, rots, rolling logs, wood rot, this would stop people from having so many defenses, and lower the need for so many resources to keep up army going. I read somewhere that the devs wanted fighting on a smaller scale, this limits both attackers and defenders, so it might satisfy them in this.

I think what this post highlights is the fact that evony is just a vector to make money.

Its basically fun gameplay but with none of the hard work at the back end games like WoW and Eve enjoy.
    ~Wake

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." ~Bertrand Russell

Well I see this post and think back .. um didnt i say something in MAY about have a faction of players to moderate chat in servers and actually not be normal players?
    they would actually adjust NPC towns instead of predictible scripted recovery
    while sitting watching chat for Terms of Service violations
    and point Evony cents issues to proper reporting methods

the Hero's issue already provided a much better system
    3 heroes NOT NONE
    one for embassy INT defends on scout defs even with gates closed
    one for ATT defends on gates OPEN with town troops IDLE pop also functions
    as mini warriors on gates open
    one for politics .. lies to public makes them happier than they should be

its a good post issues exist that need to be changed if not just to make it
    a more level playing ground for the better players without $200 per server to spend

Edit: and then there is the one issue I dont understand
    a player attacks you fails
    where does the food they carry to return after battle go?
    shouldn't it become spoils of war?
    Last edited by Xeander; 07-16-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: forgot one issue from previous posts

There is one thing that no one has mentioned( at least I have read about) that might solve a lot of problems
    plunder is what you take from another in combat (in this game food, wood, iron, stone, gold)
    what about 'spoils of war'?
    some would say these are the same and some arguements would make them sound very similar.
    But when you are defending and you win what do you get? nothing except to keep what you had before
    to get ahead in this game to are required to attack something or someone
    make 'spoils of war' the result of cleaning up the battlefield
    not every bow,arrow, sword, every piece of armor is totally trashed in a battle
    if you attack someone and lose you lose everything all the way down to transports
    the army that attacked you had to be sent with food for the return trip if they lose where is that food?
    if the 'spoils of war' were even only 10% of the cost to make the unit in the first place plus any unused supplies it would be more even as well
    people are saying that the defences are already too strong but yet they can bring down any city with a few mutiple attacks.
    I'm not saying make the defences stronger still Im saying reward the defender for having good enough defences to stop the first 5 or 8 or 12 attacks
    maybe in the end the attackers will get the reward instead, maybe the defender will ship it out before they can finally pry open the gates

I agree with some of the original poster ideas, but to make that many changes quickly would devistate the player base which is what concerns the developers
    They had an idea when they created this game and no matter if the idea was the game or to just make money using the game. Either way they have to have money. No matter the complaints, the wishes, the concieved changes if the devs believe they will lose more than a small fraction of playerbase they wont do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teckno View Post
    There is one thing that no one has mentioned( at least I have read about) that might solve a lot of problems
    plunder is what you take from another in combat (in this game food, wood, iron, stone, gold)
    what about 'spoils of war'?
    some would say these are the same and some arguements would make them sound very similar.
    But when you are defending and you win what do you get? nothing except to keep what you had before
    to get ahead in this game to are required to attack something or someone
    make 'spoils of war' the result of cleaning up the battlefield
    not every bow,arrow, sword, every piece of armor is totally trashed in a battle
    if you attack someone and lose you lose everything all the way down to transports
    the army that attacked you had to be sent with food for the return trip if they lose where is that food?
    if the 'spoils of war' were even only 10% of the cost to make the unit in the first place plus any unused supplies it would be more even as well
    people are saying that the defences are already too strong but yet they can bring down any city with a few mutiple attacks.
    I'm not saying make the defences stronger still Im saying reward the defender for having good enough defences to stop the first 5 or 8 or 12 attacks
    maybe in the end the attackers will get the reward instead, maybe the defender will ship it out before they can finally pry open the gates

I agree with some of the original poster ideas, but to make that many changes quickly would devistate the player base which is what concerns the developers
    They had an idea when they created this game and no matter if the idea was the game or to just make money using the game. Either way they have to have money. No matter the complaints, the wishes, the concieved changes if the devs believe they will lose more than a small fraction of playerbase they wont do it.
    I agree fully with this comment
    *If I helped you out, don't forget to give me rep by hitting the scales top right of my post!*

Talking

OK, swapping the Mayor every time you want to do something is pointless. There are 2 options I can think of right now...

1. FORGET HAVING A MAYOR.

- With this case just have the game automatically determine your hero with the best attribute for the task started and use that heroes points. So, when you click research the game instantly knows to pick your intelligent hero and calculate the speed of research. After all, right now we just appoint the itelligent guy for 10 seconds while we then click research then we boot him... POINTLESS WASTE OF TIME.

2. SPEEDY ATTRIBUTE GROWTH

- Up the mayors growth to 3 points per upgrade and have him locked (for obvious reasons). Now when your mayor ranks up you get to add 1 point to each attribute. No need to swap mayors anymore.

- Increase the number of positions for leaders from 1 to 3 and then increase the number of usable hero's to 10 for 13 total heroes.

So, now you will appoint a Mayor, a General, and a Dean. Get it... politics, attack, intelligence.

I am going to start charging consulting fees.

Make Prestige and Honor mean something

All of those ideas are great, especially getting rid of the "layering" exploit (it absolutely is an exploit). May I suggest another (I searched and this didn't pop up so forgive me if it has been suggested already).

It is very hard for Evony to retain new players since they are often attacked by longer term players two minutes out of Protection. Some players work their fannies off building up their city only to have it attacked by a far more powerful player. Why not institute a limit based on prestige and honor. A player cannot attack any other player unless they are within 20k prestige of each other. If the offender is the higher level of the two they can sacrifice honor point for point in order to do it. Example:

Player A has 100k prestige and 0 honor - Player B has 75k prestige
    Player A cannot attack player B and vice versa due to the difference in prestige being greater than 20k. However, if Player A has 5k honor he can cash that in so he can attack player B. This would prevent all kinds of Newbie farming and stop players who have played for 6 months with 200k + prestige from attacking players who have played for 1 month with 80k prestige. This would balance the game out better and probably lead to higher retention of new accounts. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Winston View Post
    All of those ideas are great, especially getting rid of the "layering" exploit (it absolutely is an exploit). May I suggest another (I searched and this didn't pop up so forgive me if it has been suggested already).

It is very hard for Evony to retain new players since they are often attacked by longer term players two minutes out of Protection. Some players work their fannies off building up their city only to have it attacked by a far more powerful player. Why not institute a limit based on prestige and honor. A player cannot attack any other player unless they are within 20k prestige of each other. If the offender is the higher level of the two they can sacrifice honor point for point in order to do it. Example:

Player A has 100k prestige and 0 honor - Player B has 75k prestige
    Player A cannot attack player B and vice versa due to the difference in prestige being greater than 20k. However, if Player A has 5k honor he can cash that in so he can attack player B. This would prevent all kinds of Newbie farming and stop players who have played for 6 months with 200k + prestige from attacking players who have played for 1 month with 80k prestige. This would balance the game out better and probably lead to higher retention of new accounts. Just a thought.
    bad idea, prestige can be manipulated and honour can be easily lost, will never happen unless there was no loss from quiting alliances, which wont happen because ppl will be changing alliance all the time
    No One Knows Your Name

Officer of BAMF, Server 124
    Quote Originally Posted by trogdor1316 View Post
    I find it ironic that these spambots find it easier to post in the right section than most people with 1 post.
    NA4LIFE

bad idea, prestige can be manipulated and honour can be easily lost
    You’re right on both counts. Other problems would have to be addressed in order for this to work but I think there needs to be something done about the excessive newbie farming that takes place. How many newbies have worked their butts off to get decent development out of beginners only to have a veteran player attack them and turn them into a farm. That can turn a person off a game pretty quickly. Prestige and honor are currently the only way a player can gauge the "level" of other players and the numbers might as well be barcodes since they are meaningless. Fill the holes then attach those numbers to attack ability and players might care about them.