View Poll Results: Which of these issues of the game needs to be fixed? (choose as many as you want)

Voters
498. You may not vote on this poll
  • Capping a level 10 NPC is too easy!! (easier than level 9 even! HA! Warriors? Randomize the troopS!

75 15.06%
  • Capping a level 10 NPC is too POWERFUL!! (wow, a near maxed city in one shot? Ridiculous)

89 17.87%
  • NPCs have too much!! (all other resource aspects are super weak, Taxes and Fields mean ziltcho)

115 23.09%
  • All NPCs/valleys are too simple!! (rando the troops! Ex: heavy on archer / or cav / or swordsman)

68 13.65%
  • Building X lvl NPCs narby is too simple!(server gets filled & blocks legit enem/newbs for tiny cost)

149 29.92%
  • Archers are too strong!! (makes all other units weak)

164 32.93%
  • Too easy to protect range units with rainbow/Darwin troops!! (1 of each unit stops whole platoons?)

224 44.98%
  • Abandoning a capped town is to devastating!(how can vaporizing all a players work instantly be fair?

138 27.71%
  • Swapping heroes for mayor minimizes build times too much!! (why even HAVE a "mayor")

102 20.48%
  • Cavalry can capture towns way too quick!! (no reason to ever send anything else)

76 15.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The anti-exploit, pro-nerf topic. Cheese, and fixing it.

a) Impose a percentage maximum of fatalities upon Missile troops
    This is a bit of blunt hammer appoach but it fits in pretty well with real-world results of using archery units. Basically only 20% (if you are very lucky) of large scale Archery attacks would find their mark (well, I'm pulling that figure out of the air, but I'm sure some research would come up with the exact figure), in real life. For game play this could be increased to as much as 40% or so to make Archers etc. useful, with Swordsmen having a massive reuction in this percentage (they are upposed to be effective against Archers after all).
    It really depends on the archer. An average englishlongbowman would hit hi mark from 2000 yards 50% of the time. A mongolian composite shortbow man hd about a 60% accuracy. A chinese chu-kuu-noo had about a 5% accuracy. lol.
    Look for Heights in the RPG and story section

Bit more pretty now. Hope it's easier to read.

Alot better, very good now.
    Look for Heights in the RPG and story section

A lot of really good ideas in here. I've been thinking along the same way on several things.

1) Make sure all requirements are met in order to use technology. (IE Needing forges, academy's, etc of sufficient level as if you were going to research the tech.)

2) Hard caps on resources. I think this would change the game a lot and put it back into balance. I think people would still use markets to try to get around caps, but it still makes it harder.

I think that if they want long term health of this game, they really need to look at these suggestions. They game as it is, pretty much promotes the strong griefing the weak.

I LOVE this post. I agree with most of it, but the point you made about everyday buildings like marketplace requiring idle pop to work. Now that one I want to see, a bit of realisism never hurt anyone.

Buildings really should be effected by their pre-requiseits, I never see how troops can be trained withought a forge to actually make the weapons.

if they ARE going to impose this (the requring lvl x forge etc) they need to give players say, 1-2 dynamite per town, or something, or elseits unfair to those who already built up lvl 9 everything.

Or something of that effect. Its not an exploit when you are simply maximizing the current situation. After yo do your reasearch, currently, you don't need a forge etc. Yes there shud be a use for it, and if it is imposed, we should have a way to change a barrack or cottage etc into an empty space or a forge etc...can't "harm" the players growth for maximizing the situation

I like alot of the ideas in here but there are a few which i either disagree with or think should be added .

1) I dont think armies should have an upkeep of population this would in effect make the armies TOO small and instead i would propose a resource upkeep on top of the food dependant on unit type (archers,balista would require wood upkeep Swords and pikes would require iron upkeep etc ) this would of course require you to have more resource feilds devoted to the proper upkeep materal too .
    1 A) i also STRONGLY disagree with the workforce idea for the same reason

2) I think another way to stop the baracks spam would be to put a limit on how many can be built in the first place . lets say 10 baracks limit in any given city for agument sake
    Last edited by Adine; 05-16-2009 at 08:58 PM.

and i'll add, if we change so many thigns (that are huge changes) it will greatly devastate a lot of players. If for example, iron etc is required for upkeep, since i have no iron mines, i'll simply quit. I know a lot of others woudl for other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by euki7 View Post
    if they ARE going to impose this (the requring lvl x forge etc) they need to give players say, 1-2 dynamite per town, or something, or elseits unfair to those who already built up lvl 9 everything.

Or something of that effect. Its not an exploit when you are simply maximizing the current situation. After yo do your reasearch, currently, you don't need a forge etc. Yes there shud be a use for it, and if it is imposed, we should have a way to change a barrack or cottage etc into an empty space or a forge etc...can't "harm" the players growth for maximizing the situation
    You took the time to build a forge up to get your tech, then knock it down again, then build Barracks Level 9 in it's place. You can take the time to knock those barracks down and put the Forge back again.

I'm more concerned about the majority of players who don't know about Barracks spam, or feel it is just cheese exploit material and don't want to do it. At the moment they have diligently followed 1) common sense and 2) quest guidelines, and are being expected to take time to knock them down for a shedload of Barracks. I don't see anyone calling for Dynamite for these poor sods.

Quote Originally Posted by euki7 View Post
    and i'll add, if we change so many thigns (that are huge changes) it will greatly devastate a lot of players. If for example, iron etc is required for upkeep, since i have no iron mines, i'll simply quit. I know a lot of others woudl for other reasons.
    You don't want to play a game unless you know of a cheesy exploit that gives you and a bunch of others a massive advantage over the majority?

I doubt I'm not the only one who wouldn't be sorry to see them all leave. Bye bye.