Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evony Bonuses

Angry Evony Bonuses

I purchased $60.00 around the 31st of Jan. When I was making the purchase I was under the impression that I would receive 2 free packages and a bonus of $36.00 totaling 960 game cents. That's what I was lead to believe from their online order form. When my game cents were delivered it was short by 360. So I sent a friendly email (using the "contact us" link in-game)to clear up the discrepancy. Two days went by and I had no response. So, I sent an email directly to billing@evony.com. about 4 hours later I received a message that my email was undeliverable. I figured , maybe, it was just congestion and resent it. Again, it was undeliverable. So, I double checked the email addresses to make sure I had it right, and I did. So, I tried contacting them through paypal. Essentially saying "Hey, you guys messed up my order, could you complete the bonus or refund my money?" 5 days later, no response. Then about an hour ago My account is frozen which prompts me to find a number to call. I asked the guy why my account had been frozen and he stated it was because I had issued a refund claim through paypal. We spoke and he explained that my understanding of the bonus system was incorrect and he agreed that the way they have their order form set up is misleading. Then he tried to negotiate a "compensation" for me to cancel the refund claim at paypal. He offered me 180 in game cents if I could close the claim. I said, No, not after you have chosen to freeze my account instead of emailing me about the issue and discuss the problem with me. Instead they chose to try and extort from me.

I have found that this is an ongoing problem with Evony, that people are fooled by their order form. I truly believe that this is done intentionally, if not, then why haven't they made it more clear?

I don't believe there is any extortion going on. You bought $60 worth of coins, which comes with bonus packages of a certain value. The value of the bonuses is listed on the payment page for your convenience. Although we certainly do understand how some people can be confused by this, your order receipt clearly stated the number of coins you were purchasing. If you received these coins, as you state you did, and the two bonus packages, then how did you feel it was reasonable to do a chargeback? Did you think that it was fair for you to get all that for free?

I personally think it was very nice for whoever you spoke with to offer you an additional amount, especially since nobody else who spent that amount would get such a bonus. This was apparently done as a peace offering and an apology for not being more clear and for your difficulty in gaining assistance. To call it extortion is unreasonable. The request for you to cancel the chargeback is reasonable, since you received what you paid for. The offer for additional coins in compensation for your troubles is hardly a threat of any type.

Quote Originally Posted by Alebouran84 View Post
    I purchased $60.00 around the 31st of Jan. When I was making the purchase I was under the impression that I would receive 2 free packages and a bonus of $36.00 totaling 960 game cents. That's what I was lead to believe from their online order form. When my game cents were delivered it was short by 360. So I sent a friendly email (using the "contact us" link in-game)to clear up the discrepancy. Two days went by and I had no response. So, I sent an email directly to billing@evony.com. about 4 hours later I received a message that my email was undeliverable. I figured , maybe, it was just congestion and resent it. Again, it was undeliverable. So, I double checked the email addresses to make sure I had it right, and I did. So, I tried contacting them through paypal. Essentially saying "Hey, you guys messed up my order, could you complete the bonus or refund my money?" 5 days later, no response. Then about an hour ago My account is frozen which prompts me to find a number to call. I asked the guy why my account had been frozen and he stated it was because I had issued a refund claim through paypal. We spoke and he explained that my understanding of the bonus system was incorrect and he agreed that the way they have their order form set up is misleading. Then he tried to negotiate a "compensation" for me to cancel the refund claim at paypal. He offered me 180 in game cents if I could close the claim. I said, No, not after you have chosen to freeze my account instead of emailing me about the issue and discuss the problem with me. Instead they chose to try and extort from me.

I have found that this is an ongoing problem with Evony, that people are fooled by their order form. I truly believe that this is done intentionally, if not, then why haven't they made it more clear?
    I would have to agree with foxbunny.. It can be confusing and they did offer you something which they did not have too. Packages can be thought of as cents. which some people mis interpet... If I was you I would call and apoligize other then that. You might as well look for a new game.

I love it when people just pop off and flame evony as being theives, extortionists or gold diggers. Problem is that many of these same people have a severe case of reading comprehension disorder.

All the packages are clearly identified as you recieving items with a value of xxx cents. Yes at one time, a long time ago (several months) they did have a promotion that made you think you were getting additional coins versus items, but even then if you went back and read the promotion carefully it became clear.

While there's a saying out there that "the customer is always right", there's another that more accurately addresses the situation "the customer is always right, except when they are wrong".

Bottom line you reap what you sow - when you dont constructively look for assistance and just expect people to come to you and then you flame them, you get what you got.
    Rodrick VII
    aka "Pig Killer"

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrick VII View Post
    I love it when people just pop off and flame evony as being theives, extortionists or gold diggers. Problem is that many of these same people have a severe case of reading comprehension disorder.

All the packages are clearly identified as you recieving items with a value of xxx cents. Yes at one time, a long time ago (several months) they did have a promotion that made you think you were getting additional coins versus items, but even then if you went back and read the promotion carefully it became clear.

While there's a saying out there that "the customer is always right", there's another that more accurately addresses the situation "the customer is always right, except when they are wrong".

Bottom line you reap what you sow - when you dont constructively look for assistance and just expect people to come to you and then you flame them, you get what you got.
    Nice pig lol I saw pictures of that on the net.. Anyways.. Yes some people can not read properly.. And some people have selective reading.. Then theres the people who are lazy and just want to stir problems.. Either way he was offered something even him being wrong and he turned it down.

First of all, I made every effort to resolve this amicably. I sent numerous emails through the "Contact Us" forum and then directly to billing@evony.com. Which I stated in my post. So, you see the two of you who are talking about people with selective reading... here's a mirror.

I figured that it was some misunderstanding. But, instead of these people responding to my emails saying, "Mr. Alebouran, it would appear there has been a misunderstanding and we apologize for this. This is how you are mistaken...."
    Instead, they froze my account, no notification, no nothing. Then when I find a phone number to call them there is no, "Thank you for calling Evony, how many I assist you." Instead my call is answered, with "Yes?" I figure I have dialed the wrong number. Then when I ask who am I speaking with, he wants to know who he is speaking with. I tell him my name and he asks me what I want. I ask him if he is affiliated with Evony and he says this is Evony. I explain to him the situation and he says, Oh we froze your account because you requested a refund. I asked him why he didn't contact me about the problem, he said "We receive too many emails to respond to them." Instead they try and EXTORT the canceling of my Paypal Refund request by freezing my account.

This is a form of extortion, not customer service. Its not even a concerned employee wanting to clear up a misunderstanding. I am not the first person to be fooled by their order form and confused about what bonuses I would receive. This a problem that Evony is fully aware of. That's why they close and archive threads such as this. My first thread was deleted. There are numerous threads in their "archives" adressing this problem dating back to the Summer of 2009. International Newspapers have done stories on this issue of Evony and people publicly claim that Evony is practicing deceitful business.

Okay, we now have two Evony representatives admitting that their order form can be confusing. If they know its confusing, why don't they change it?

I got my money back and I didn't have to settle for some BS compensation.

PS. They wouldn't have lost my purchase and continuing purchases had they acted with some sort of responsibility. Evony is the loser in this situation. Ne and not only because I am no longer a happy customer but now I won't recommend this game to people. I will tell them what poor business practices they have and what poor customer service they have.
    Last edited by Alebouran84; 02-08-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Errrr, the fact that Evony offered him 180 cents proves that Evony knew they were in the wrong as we all know Evony won't give money away for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by herbieuk View Post
    Errrr, the fact that Evony offered him 180 cents proves that Evony knew they were in the wrong as we all know Evony won't give money away for nothing.
    It proves nothing. You can go to any major retailer and try to return something they do not sell, they will refuse to refund you money for an item they do not sell. You can then leave that store and call their corporate headquarters and explain the difficulty you had, so the corporate headquarters will send you (or direct the store you went to to give you) a gift card, usually of over a $50 value.

This does not mean the store was in the wrong.

If you come to a fork in the road, take it!
    -Yogi Berra
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQHPYelqr0E

Quote Originally Posted by abracax View Post
    It proves nothing. You can go to any major retailer and try to return something they do not sell, they will refuse to refund you money for an item they do not sell. You can then leave that store and call their corporate headquarters and explain the difficulty you had, so the corporate headquarters will send you (or direct the store you went to to give you) a gift card, usually of over a $50 value.

This does not mean the store was in the wrong.
    Awful example. No one was trying to return anything to Evony that Evony didn't sell. Good try, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alebouran84 View Post
    Awful example. No one was trying to return anything to Evony that Evony didn't sell. Good try, though.
    did you not try to get a refund? Even though the TOS says no refunds?

If you come to a fork in the road, take it!
    -Yogi Berra
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQHPYelqr0E