Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you like & dislike about Civony

Default Things you like & dislike about Civony

So whaddya like and dislike about Civony?

I generally like most of it, except for one thing: the staff. The staff are hardly active at all. I see VERY few on the forums, and I see no admins whatsoever. It's like they just don't exist. Everything is left for the members to figure out, despite the "Help & Questions" or the "Getting Started" areas. If your staff are too busy, hire more! Obviously, if your staff are too busy, you need more. Oh, and the whole 18 year old+ thing. That I don't like either. People below 18 can be just as good or even better than post 18. Other than that, I like the game all around.

Top things about forums and games:
    1.) You should be willing to accept all sorts of people - all sorts of ages, depending on maturity levels. Ages are just numbers of years you've been alive.
    2.) You should have plenty of staff ready to help. Your staff should be easily findable. Period. Best way to keep members around.

I'm a site admin myself of a few places of my own - and I always make sure there is somebody always ready to help - even if it calls for organizing staff based on time zones.

I allways wonder if people who think that 18 is just a number have acctually spent any time aound kids, I know we all thought we were hardcore when we were 16, but lets be honest there are somthings that a 16 year old should not be exsposed to, the exact kinds of things that modreators would have to deal with, just a thought

Well, there are people who think age is just a number. I'm one of those people myself. Age literally is just a number though.

Either way, not the point. Yes, there are things that a moderator may end up being exposed to, but in the end, you will end up being exposed to that anyhow. However, all things considered, many more things should be taken into account instead of just limiting it by age. I think that, in itself is wrong. I think each person should be judged depending on:

A) Maturity
    B) Ability to cope with difficult experiences
    C) Values
    D) What they've already dealt with
    E) Experience
    F) Patience
    G) Trustworthiness
    & several more that should be accounted for, and are often left out. (I could probably make a HUGE list given the time, but I'm running on limited time currently.

All things considered - by the time you are 13 or 14, unless you are kept in a bubble by your parents, you probably know of everything already anyhow. If not one reason, another. Sex Ed, Friends, Family, Accidentally watching T.V. shows like Futurama, Family Guy, etc. And no offense to males - but they are a pretty good source too. Yes, there are decent people out there that aren't horrid about it, but still - the point remains: You probably already know of it by the time you are 14 anyhow. I did. And my parents kept me in a bubble.
    Last edited by Ktanaqui; 04-12-2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Mispelling

I'm only going to point out two things, seven is literally just a number, seven years is literally a number of years, if you are going to use the word literally use it correctly, and 2 I watch futurama, and was not raised in a bubble, and attened the university of colorado, one of the biggest liberal, say anything do anything party schools in the US and I am a little shocked by half the stuff I see running around on this game, so I don't want to hear the its naturally going to come to them anyway arguemnt

Generally it does, especially if you are very outgoing in the community. Better communities have less of it though. I live in a particularly bad community - so nothing that I see is new to me, however, I being fifteen.

As for using "literally" appropriately - where in hell did that come from? There is nothing using "literally" inappropriately in my post. Age is literally just a number - albeit a number of years - but still, a number. And isn't that what numbers are usually used for - counting?

And no offense but for somebody who sounds very "important" and smart, your spelling and punctuation sucks.

And I guess you missed the sex episode of Futurama, huh? That show has it's fair share of sexually explicit things on it - as does Family Guy. And most of the people on this game ARE 13 - 17. Which only goes to prove my point - most already know about it. And from the sounds of it, you're an older male. Today's generation is *way* worse on sexually explicit items than the older generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktanaqui View Post
    Generally it does, especially if you are very outgoing in the community. Better communities have less of it though. I live in a particularly bad community - so nothing that I see is new to me, however, I being fifteen.

As for using "literally" appropriately - where in hell did that come from? There is nothing using "literally" inappropriately in my post. Age is literally just a number - albeit a number of years - but still, a number. And isn't that what numbers are usually used for - counting?

And no offense but for somebody who sounds very "important" and smart, your spelling and punctuation sucks.

And I guess you missed the sex episode of Futurama, huh? That show has it's fair share of sexually explicit things on it - as does Family Guy. And most of the people on this game ARE 13 - 17. Which only goes to prove my point - most already know about it. And from the sounds of it, you're an older male. Today's generation is *way* worse on sexually explicit items than the older generations.

I agree completely. I honestly do not want to be around when my generation takes up the reigns... Most of us have lived a spoiled live of luxury and have been exposed to things that any decent individual would have spit upon only 10 or 20 years ago. A combination of Television and Pop Culture (have you heard some of the music circulating today...) have ruined the minds of thousands of children, and a government controlled educational system that teaches to the lower end and rewards underachievers doesn't help...

I am not alone in feeling that my generation is the worst in decades (possibly ever).

All the same, I agree that your age is merely a number. Yeah you have been alive for 16 years... What doesn't matter are those 16 years, but rather how they have been spent. One such as myself could have spent the greater amount of this time in the pursuit of knowledge, the next guy in other "Shallow" pursuits. Obviously the former would produce a more mentally mature individual than the latter. However, the lack of the former makes the latter the stereotype for teenagers these days.

And also, you'll be exposed to the vulgarity in the chat and forums whether you are a moderator or not, its there for all to see, the Moderator just needs to search it out and remove it. Besides, I, and I am sure most others, have heard pretty much all there is to hear on such subjects, so it really doesn't bother me, in fact I find it rather humorous that people resort to such vulgarity to be "cool".

Default Likes and Dislikes

Game over all is good. But they need to fix the price of coins. By lowering the price of them they will have more money to buy a better server. The lag is crazy. Its outrageous! Lower the price of coins and people will probley buy them more often. And with that money you can get a better server and people to work for you to actually run the game smoothly.

Price of coins...10 to 1 ratio is going the complete wrong direction. Even if it was 1 to 1 I know a great deal of people who would be paying some it not alot for them.

I have one work for what i hate about this game

LAG!!!

Thank you Heraclius. That is exactly what I am trying to say.

What does it matter the age of the mod if they are going to be exposed anyhow, mod or no mod? Heraclius has a point there - one that I missed. The activity of the mods in cleaning up the chat is pathetic.

Yes, the price of the coins is outrageous. The 'rich' people have a much stronger advantage over those that can't pay the prices. They should also give some way of getting the "coins" outside of winning them on the amulet, and buying them. That crap is BS.

And the lag - that's kind of typical on free RPGs, so I have little to say about that. Except for the sheer question: What do they use the money on that they bring in from the coins they do sell?