Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you like & dislike about Civony

"that crap is BS"
    I love it when people make my arguments for me
    Last edited by TWT; 04-13-2009 at 11:50 AM.

Derbyshire, England (God Save Our Gracious Queen, etc etc etc...)

This will almost certainly never happen, but I'm damn sure I'm not the only one thinking that game coins should be free. The slogan is "Free Forever"! Yes, it is a finance income but just add some adverts to the websites, then split the game into standard and superior accounts - the superior ones cost and have more features. That's the way RuneScape does it and it's worked out well for them.

This is very radical but hey, just wanted to share my views.

Feel free to, that's the point of this thread.

TWT, please do not post if you are not going to post sensible things. For someone who graduated from University of Colorado, I have a feeling that you aren't very bright. Please, shuttup or actually speak sense.

OK I’ll spell it out for you
    “This crap is BS”
    In addition to being comically redundant, your inability to express your frustration through any other means than vulgarity is proof positive that you are immature and goes back to my original premises that children should not be forum moderators. I thought that you would be able to fallow this path of reasoning but apparently not.
    Happy?

I have not been vulgar at all. If I had been "vulgar", I could have simply spelled it out. And I can easily admit that my, ah, frustration venting abilities sucks. Especially right now. Due to your lack of psychic abilities, you cannot say anything about this. You have no clue what I'm going through currently. My patience is far beyond stretched, and I am not usually one to speak so quickly, as I did in my early post. But no, that has nothing to do with immaturity or maturity levels. I'm quite mature despite my "age" of fifteen years. Right now, it's sheerly how much crap that I'm dealing with that has me pulled so tightly.
    Last edited by Ktanaqui; 04-13-2009 at 02:23 PM.

I'm not sure about the 18+ moderator rule. That's probably because i'm a child of fourteen years myself (i'm guessing that once I hit 18 my opinion might change since it's irrelevant if I oppose it, i'd have nothing to lose) but maturity does not depend on age and there are those children (including myself) who have risen above the hordes of children that act like absolute idiots on the internet and frequently type in phonetics when it is completely inappropriate on a forum because you have more than five seconds to answer a post. I'm not saying that I should be a moderator. No. Not at all. But when you make age a barrier to gaining the opportunity to hold a position of power that's quite unfair on the few kids who do have a sense of maturity and don't post meaningless nonsense that is only appropriate when having a conversation with friends on applications like Windows Live Messenger. Hope I made sense because I haven't re-read my post yet.

You've made perfect sense - and also elaborated on what I've been trying to say.

Right, because, as we all know, the definition of maturity is acting with decency and decorum, except of course when you are having a bad day. And by the way, trying to convince an adult that you are mature by explaining that you have too much on your plate to behave civilly, not helping your cause.

It's also possible that there is some form of legal necessity, and PR reality, in play here.

For them to have a game open to minors they must be seen to do their best to protect the minors from inappropriate material. That the minors are the ones posting the material is of no importance. Neither is it important if the minor knows all about the subject being modorated. In fact, a minor being aware of the nature of what is being discussed makes it worse. Consider that innuendo is more acceptable than being explicit, for example.

As they are supposed to be protecting minors from such 'offensive' material it is counter productive to ask them to employ minors to hunt it out and delete it, because that is exactly the same as wilfully exposing the minor to the inappropriate materal.

It's not about 'maturity', it's about the legal definitions of minor and adult. 18 or over is an adult, below that you're a minor. The people who run this game have no control over that.

Oh, and I have to agree with TWT, even though it's not relevant in my opinion to the decision to have moderators be 18 or over. Complaining that you have too much on your plate to be civil is almost the defining characteristic of immaturity.

I am not being uncivil, nor am I complaining about it. What I am complaining about is the instant jump on one of my few flaws while ignoring all else. Maturity is based on one's overall personality, not upon one or two flaws that one may have. The sheer fact that I admitted that I have that flaw is proof to maturity. If I was immature, I would have denied all flaws and acted as if I am perfect, which I am not.

I understand your points on the matter Sleeter. However, it also defeats one of the points of the topic: Age being a number, and nothing more.