Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Way To Conquer City

Default Easy Way To Conquer City

This is a short and simple guide or way to take over another player's city. I'm not sure what the rules on what can and cannot be taken. I've heard that main cities cannot, but then I've also heard they they can as long as it's not the only/last city left that the player has remaining. Again, I'm not sure, so don't ask me to answer that.

To be safe for now, just stick to using this guide on additional cities, not mains.

This is very simple as the mechanics used in the game for what I am about to describe are very very very BAD. In fact, it's horrible that someone on the game design team would allow this to happen.

Simply put, attacking a city lowers it's loyalty, no matter if you win or lose. The most effective way to overtake a city is by attacking it with scouts, say about 25-30 over and over again. Even though you will lose these fights brutally to the city's defense, it will still lower it's loyalty and eventually raise it's grievance. Once the loyalty is at 0, then send an actual army that is able to defeat the city's defense and BINGO, you've conquered the city

Note that I am still testing this out, so no guarantees, but I can say that every time I have done it so far, it's worked.

Not very smart game mechanics, but it makes it really easy to conquer cities.

Above all else USE COMMON SENSE
    Last edited by demise; 04-14-2009 at 06:12 PM.

Question: If they keep their gate closed, and you work down their wall defenses then beat down the loyalty..how do you then take the city?

With the gates closed you will just continue to plunder right?

Well ironically, I have yet to take a city while it's gate was closed, so I couldn't tell you. My best guess at this point is that you take the city and units in it.

I just did another test run, and if you wanted to, you could send your army first, wipe out all forces, then just keep sending scout. Of you course they could reinforce, in which case you have to watch for your scouts to die, but it's much better than sending them first and dying. Also another thing to note is that your current rank must be able to support a new city. In other words, if you are Knight, you can only have one city, in order to take one. If you have two built already you will have to abandon one or promo to baronet before you can take city.
    Last edited by demise; 04-13-2009 at 06:41 AM.

Yeah figured the rank thing, but good to say just in case others miss it.

Guess i'll just have to wait until i'm able to buid up to siege equipment to see the effect they have also. As it is, with gate closed I just pillage and his army stays inside. Nothing more.

I'm curious though, with gate open....and you defeat their walls+army inside, would you then take the city?

More than likely, if you've attacked them enough to wipe out their loyalty, the won't have any army left there.

i think the gates open automatically around 10 loyalty, or at least thats what happened to me, unless he got on and did it, which i doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Willabone View Post
    i think the gates open automatically around 10 loyalty, or at least thats what happened to me, unless he got on and did it, which i doubt.
    ahh k....sad that it takes 30 attacks to get the loyalty there...but oh well.

erm, ok, suggest you wait until you have actually done something before you write a guide about it.

you can take ANY city as long as its not the only city the player has.

the cost involved in doing this would be an astronomical amont of gold as you must send a hero with every attack.
    Given the loyalty drop varies between 2-5% per attack (yet to determine the factor involved but i can tell you its not army size nor hero politics stat, im 99% sure it goes on population as the 1st i took was much smaller in pop and lowered 5% most of the time and the 2nd was 2% and was a huge city).

you conquer a city once the loyalty is at 0%, once it reaches 0% it requires another attack to become yours, if you do not attack it within a certain unknown timeframe once it reaches 0% it will become barbarian.

you can only lower loyalty by attacking to 10-15%, the heightened public grievance at this point with then take it down the last %.

you need to clear out any fortis before attacking with scouts including abatis, even 50 abatis will easily kill 1000 scouts and not drop loyalty.

[QUOTE=greatswift;6666]erm, ok, suggest you wait until you have actually done something before you write a guide about it.

QUOTE]

A member in my alliand have done that trick and took 54 attacks to do it when suddenly a ?Oh Please My Lord, spare my life? bs msg poped up!! So I guess those farm/innactive players are and will stay pest until something is done about it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Candouidus
    Quote Originally Posted by greatswift
    erm, ok, suggest you wait until you have actually done something before you write a guide about it.

A member in my alliand have done that trick and took 54 attacks to do it when suddenly a ?Oh Please My Lord, spare my life? bs msg poped up!! So I guess those farm/innactive players are and will stay pest until something is done about it right?
    That message signifies that this is their only city and that it cannot be taken.

Greatswift, I don't know why you think this cost much, I've done it every time with just 4 heroes with no problem. That's the whole point of using the scout, they are fast so you get there and back fast enough to get another attack off. It's not like you are sending an army where you have to wait 30-120 minutes for you hero to come back and be accessible again.
    Last edited by demise; 04-13-2009 at 07:57 PM.