Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT Bank

Default The OT Bank

First off, I would like to thank Demonhero for inventing the original idea of the Off Topic Currency, called the T.

As some of you know, Off Topic use to have a currency system. If you didn't know this, go to my stickied thread and read up on the shop era. It was great fun, where people would but and sell items for certain prices. Anyway, the idea eventually failed for one main reason - there was no control over it. People would lie, cheat, and steal. They would make statements like "FOXYBUNNY JUST GAVE MEH A BILLION DOLLASHAX" or "I ROBEDED A BANKORz!" I promise you if we bring this back that will not happen again.

What I plan to do: I plan to bring an economy back to Off Topic and hopefully restore ages lost. It will not be like the old system, where T was rampart and people could lie. Instead, I personally will handle the new currency (called the @) and bring order where it is needed. No one shall receive @ without my permission.
    Now some of you might say, "Well, this seems a little Stalinistic to me". I tell you this - do you want to bring back the old ways and have people lie all the time? No, I know you don't. You want to have fun, and the only way that is going to happen is if there is order. I promise you, I will not be oppressive. It will be just like the Off Topic you know now, except there will be @.

The system (beta): I will be the one who hands out jobs for @, and I will also be the one who hands out @. I will keep total control over the distribution of @ to the players, and I must either be informed that a @ transfer had occurred, or it must be done in the sight of the public. I do this only so that people cannot cheat the system.
    If you wish for a job, please PM me telling me what job you want. I will PM you back telling you the pay per day (PPD) and the benefits.
    You cannot sell items for a really low price. Example - "SELLING 1K NUKES FOR 1~!!"
    If you wish for a shop to open, you must first have at least 500@. After you get a shop and it opens, you do not get a PPD. Instead, you get a profit on how much you sell to people.
    Everyone starts out with 200@. With @ you can buy different things, like weapons and used Banhammers donated by the mods. If you look at some of the threads from the Shop Era, you'll get a better view on it.

So, who wants this? Trust me, it's very fun when contained.

Employees of the bank:
    Koops
    Pieman

Guards of the bank:
    YS
    Cypher
    Jannge

YS account – 370@ +20 PPD
    Axer - 1280@ +25 PPD
    Wpack - -200@
    Koops – 700@ +50 PPD
    Devis – 630@ +50 PPD
    Pi – 525@ +50 PPD
    Skir – 125@ +25 PPD
    Rota - 630@ +50 PPD
    Cypher - 115@ +20 PPD
    Crip - 525@ +25 PPD
    INT - 260@ +20 PPD
    Brightfang - -126@ +20 PPD
    WN1 - 400@ +25 PPD
    Midnight Walker - 385@ +25 PPD
    Lan - 375@ +25 PPD
    KD - 400@
    LaoO - -170@
    Kite - 200@
    Fall - 360@ +20 PPD
    Alanise - 340@ +20 PPD
    Dawnseeker - 375@ +25 PPD
    Conrad - 375@ +25 PPD
    Jannge - 375@ +25 PPD
    Gotti - 400@ +20 PPD
    Nice - 200@
    KJ - 200@
    Kalent - 200@
    Bole - -275@
    Desal - 200@
    Jurnis - 120@
    Revoltion - 200@
    Elana - 190@
    Alexaris - 0@

Terms:
    @ - The currency
    ~ = 1/5th of a @
    PPD = Payment Per Day
    Last edited by joemanf; 03-20-2010 at 09:59 AM.

I am a Wizard Mercenary

I love you

This is an interesting idea. You have my support!

Quote Originally Posted by Skirata View Post
    This is an interesting idea. You have my support!
    It's very interesting indeed. However, the true credit goes to Demonhero, who created the idea at the start of the "Shop Era", aka a Renaissances.

I am a Wizard Mercenary

Supported.

I could never part with Lucy though, we've been through think and thin together. *Hugs old ban-hammer*

somewhere out there spaming other sites and forums

sounds good but i dont think the mods will actually make the shop and the new ppl would really know this.......if this does work out can i be in the goverment part?
    like my post rep me
    "the world is a evil place,not because of the people who do evil things,but the people who sit and let it happen"-Albert Einstein
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

What if you really do rob a bank?

Sure. I support it.

- Off-Topic Decree Man
    - Wizard Mercenaries Archmage of Music
    An anagram of "Evony, Free Forever" is "Revere foe, envy fro."

Quote Originally Posted by KOOPS95 View Post
    What if you really do rob a bank?
    You get shot by the cops, you lose all your @ and wake up in the hospital the next day.

So you go off claiming you robbed a bank, watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by JPA32 View Post
    Supported.

I could never part with Lucy though, we've been through think and thin together. *Hugs old ban-hammer*
    Ah, I never learn the name of your banhammer. Glad to know now
    Besides, Wildor has like 5. He's been on and off the team more than once. I'm sure he can lend one

Quote Originally Posted by alkhest View Post
    sounds good but i dont think the mods will actually make the shop and the new ppl would really know this.......if this does work out can i be in the goverment part?
    Ah, it's not a mod run business. It was done by the players the first time, and so it shall be done by them again.

I am a Wizard Mercenary