Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The secrets to REPUTATION

Default The secrets to REPUTATION

Many of you might have gotten tons of grey reputation, mainly from helping others. MANY of you are only looking for the green reputation only but YOU ARE WRONG.
    You might have not noticed already but it seems like you could?ve got more than you need to. For example, if a person has 3100 posts and 2 reputation bars that are green, most likely you will get 5 reputation points. But somehow, that person actually gave you 6 reputation points. How is that possible?

Here?s the trick to this ever wondering question. Mostly, grey reputation mainly comes from people that have 100 posts or lower without green reputation, or those people that have not received any reputation at all. This means, that 90% of the times, those people that give you reputation will turn out grey. But why did it turn out green? VBulletin designed the reputation so that there are an evenly distribution to the numbers. This means, if you have 100 posts and no reputation points at all, you will give the other person .1 of a reputation. This? however? can be false, but makes the most logical sense.

Here is a statement/argument that Brightfang has brought up... makes sense at least

Quote Originally Posted by Brightfang View Post
    It would be if the facts were correct.. its not 100 or less its 50 or less.. you get 1 point for being above 50 posts. an additional point for every 1000 posts you have and yet another additional point for each 100 points of rep you have

You always have to wonder? how will I change my reputation bar like how it says and stuff? This is a accurate key that tells how many points you need to achieve this name.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalin Athasian View Post
    Yes, depending on the day it ranges from gray, red and green. Reputation is nice, but really you should be wanting to help your fellow Evony community players and friends for the fact that through your action, you can really make a different to someone needing a quick question answered, or giving them a positive comment on them finally achieving a rank they've been working hard on, etc.
    (SORRY SWEETP BUT I FOUND SOMETHING THAT YOU DIDN'T ADD... )
    Last edited by WN1 Hit; 03-16-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Good job man.

Finally someone replied to this. Thanks. I hope SweetP adds this to her guide.

Have you checked that box in your closet lately?

It would be if the facts were correct.. its not 100 or less its 50 or less.. you get 1 point for being above 50 posts. an additional point for every 1000 posts you have and yet another additional point for each 100 points of rep you have oh and initially repping someone so long as you have 50 or more posts your rep will be green whether you have been repped or not

Edit: other than the afore mentioned stuff this is a good job as previously stated
    Last edited by Brightfang; 03-14-2010 at 04:32 PM.
    135 gray rep 158/200 rep points Rep me if i helped!! thnx!!

OUT OF BASIC YAAY!!! Now I'm in tech school

Thanks Bright, I added your quote in my text. Again Thanks.

Good find, WN1!

"Rota" is just really nice.
    love it.

only person ive seen with 4 or is it 5,

whos got the highest rep so far?

ive got none :'(

how do you give rep?

Have you checked that box in your closet lately?

Thalin Athasian has the highest rep right now.. with like 10 bars

in order to give rep you click on the silver scales at the top right of someones post
    135 gray rep 158/200 rep points Rep me if i helped!! thnx!!

OUT OF BASIC YAAY!!! Now I'm in tech school

Quote Originally Posted by Brightfang View Post
    Thalin Athasian has the highest rep right now.. with like 10 bars

in order to give rep you click on the silver scales at the top right of someones post
    But Thalin edited his to that, no? I remember him having all red and now he has all green.
    Server SS31
    TotalWar ex-Host
    TotalWar, TWarII, TWarIII, TWarVI
    Ranked #2, 8, 9, 10

Thalin uses hacks.
    Reality scripted TV.
    Chasing fifteen minutes of fame.
    Fight over fuel.
    Violence in school.
    The youth are as confused as I am.