Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midoria: The New Lands [World Creation thread]

Default Midoria: The New Lands [World Creation thread]

I came up with a new RP, one that is set in a 1890 based fantasy world. I got the most of the things set up, but I want to see if you got any ideas to share too. So I give you a list of things you can suggest:
    Weapons
    Armors
    Towns
    Factions
    Races
    Magics
    Animals
    People
    Technology
    What I want you to think about when you give me suggestions is:
    The place the RP will be set on is based on the American Wild West, so it will be Prairie on one side and thick forest on another.

You can't make up the rulers of the Government, as I have already done that.

There is no armored tanks or anything, so there is no need for rocket launchers or other weapons that is designed to destroy heavy armor.

Be creative.
    http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/morgana5/Forum%20Sigs/jannge.png
    Sig made by Morgana
    Never forget those who died in WW2
    Quote Originally Posted by Holeypaladin View Post
    That's just funny.

Jannge is awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-DwjX-0E_8

It really depends on the history of the place how the technology evolved. Were there magic wars? Are mages good, or bad, by default? Etc.

~John

Quote Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
    It really depends on the history of the place how the technology evolved. Were there magic wars? Are mages good, or bad, by default? Etc.

~John
    Oh, I forgot about to add that.
    I will make a short version of the history.
    538 A.L (After Light)
    Lord Henrik "the Conquerer" Kranholm unites the towns of Midaria, Belsehalm, Brunex and Towul, creating the small kingdom of Midora.
    Midaria, the first conquered town, is named capital.
    All modern armies are armed with Swords, Bows and regular Steel Armor.
    King Henrik "the Conquerer" Kranholm dies from old age, being over 60 years old. His son, Prince Larius Kranholm, takes the crown.
    King Larius Kranholm dies from old age. His son, Prince Tarius Kranholm, becomes the new King of Midoria.
    The Midorian Army, lead by General Hans Fenix, conquers the cities of Jaensburg, Mandar and Vionx, all three cities belonging to the neighboring kingdom of Tanoria. Midoria and Tanoria is now in war with each others.
    Tanoria surrenders, letting Midora keep the three cities and the city of Hevling.
    The Crossbow is made by the Paltanian inventor Gaul Mandrel.
    Midoria, Paltania, Tanoria, Beverus and Kanderien forms the "Peace Alliance", an alliance that means that they will not attack each others.
    Tanoria breaks the alliance, as they attack Midoria without a warning. The Midorian Army was quick to react and was able to push the Tanorian Army away from Midorian ground. Paltania, Beverus and Kanderien sides up with Midora. Wevlen, Orius, Jalion and Borien sides up with Tanoria.
    Tanoria and Midoria signs a new truce, where half the army of Tanoria is disbanded and the old king, Horrus of Tanoria, looses his crown. His son, Korrus, takes the crown.
    The Mercenary Company "Black Guards" is formed by former General Ghar Gerandus, General of Tanoria.
    The last King of Midora, Charles Gaverholm, dies from old age. The Council of Midoria is formed by Midorian Diplomats.
    Midoria attacks Borien with new strange metal ships, conquering the kingdom in two months.
    Jalion is conquered by Midora in two months.
    Midorian Troops are now armed with Musketeers and Swords, being able to take down Orius Army as they conquer its cities.
    Midora now got the cities of Orius, Borien and Jalion under its reign.
    The Secret Council Agency, or SCA, is formed by Council Leader Jerry Parker, to investigate National problems that the Police or the Army can't do.
    The National Wayfarer Company, a trading company, is formed by Beverusian, Kenderian and Midorian traders.
    Midorian explorers discovers a new continent, far to the west of the Midorian shores. Settlers and Explorers are sent away to colonize the New Lands.
    The first of the cars are made in Midaria, but only for the Council Members and the important.
    Long Rifles, Six Shooters and other modern weapons are being mass produced by the Midorian Factories.
    Cars can now be bought by everyone, so long they are prepared to waste their life savings.
    The first real city in the New Lands is now finished, given the name "New Midaria".
    A dangerous convict, Sam Henderson, escaped from the Prison Boat that was going to go back to Midora with some prisoners. With him he got Johnny Banner, Tines Wax and Lars Bower. SCA Agents have been sent away to capture them. Big bounties have been put on their heads. Are you stupid enough to go after them?

Mages are kind of like Nobility. Not many can learn magic, and those who cna learn are treated with respect from normal people. As long its not Anti-Magic Society members, those dudes hates magic.
    Sig made by Morgana
    That's just funny.

Jannge is awesome.

Florida, where no tourist has gone before.

Well, culturally the wild west had five different types of people.

1. Gentlemen.

They used rapiers, sabers and short swords and preferred to fight in duels. Usually kept just one pistol, ammo and one of a variety of tools for rapid reload in their coat's inner pocket. Highly educated, could quote the bible in three different languages. (English, Latin and French.) Usually rich, owning plantations, railroads, ranches or some other major industry. Remember, Duels were fought with two inaccurate pistols and two sabers, Rapiers or Short Swords. Usually sabers. They didn't usually wear armor at all.

2. Then you had Cowboys,Gamblers,Gunslingers,Bandits and their ilk.

Expect a lot of fancy concealed weapons on the former. Throwing knives, rifled canes, daggers, concealed pockets with weapons, swords of varying kinds. Expect their armor to range anywhere from shirts stuffed with silk bandannas, too actual cotton and silk vests to imported European armor. But there will also be a lot of shoddily made armor purchased from peddlers. Cowboys could often be found though without any armor whatsoever as they didn't expect to get into fights unlike the other three groups. Some of them may think themselves gentlemen. Their rifles and shot guns will be left on their horses.

1/2. Sheriffs

Pulled from either the first or the second stock, expect less concealment.

3. Common Folk

Farmers, railroad workers, you know, the average Joe. Don't expect any armor on them, they'll be just trying to etch out a simple life, almost always armed with a long rifle constructed by a gunsmith and likely a shot gun.

4. Soldiers

No armor issued for them, so they had to buy their own from shady peddlers or have some imported like the roughnecks. Expect rifled muskets, breach loaders, bayonets and such. Pistols and sabers for the officers and cavalry

Natives

Better armed with bows and arrows then the above, usually better fighters as well. Lack of armor didn't hurt them that much since at range hitting something was very difficult to do and the greater rate of fire provided by their weapons were a much greater advantage. Though with the recent advent of repeating breach-loading rifles, their weapon's superiority was already fading as those weapons made their way to the hands of settlers.

How to incorporate these elements I am clueless.
    The only real power comes out of a long rifle. - Joseph Stalin

A Kentucky Long Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Humility View Post

1. Gentlemen.

They used rapiers, sabers and short swords and preferred to fight in duels. Usually kept just one pistol, ammo and one of a variety of tools for rapid reload in their coat's inner pocket. Highly educated, could quote the bible in three different languages. (English, Latin and French.) Usually rich, owning plantations, railroads, ranches or some other major industry. Remember, Duels were fought with two inaccurate pistols and two sabers, Rapiers or Short Swords. Usually sabers. They didn't usually wear armor at all.

Expect a lot of fancy concealed weapons on the former. Throwing knives, rifled canes, daggers, concealed pockets with weapons, swords of varying kinds. Expect their armor to range anywhere from shirts stuffed with silk bandannas, too actual cotton and silk vests to imported European armor. But there will also be a lot of shoddily made armor purchased from peddlers. Cowboys could often be found though without any armor whatsoever as they didn't expect to get into fights unlike the other three groups. Some of them may think themselves gentlemen. Their rifles and shot guns will be left on their horses.

1/2. Sheriffs

3. Common Folk

Farmers, railroad workers, you know, the average Joe. Don't expect any armor on them, they'll be just trying to etch out a simple life, almost always armed with a long rifle constructed by a gunsmith and likely a shot gun.

4. Soldiers

No armor issued for them, so they had to buy their own from shady peddlers or have some imported like the roughnecks. Expect rifled muskets, breach loaders, bayonets and such. Pistols and sabers for the officers and cavalry

The Midorian Troops are usually armed with the above listed weapons and cotton stuffed Military Uniforms, with a M1917 Helmet.
    Natives

Better armed with bows and arrows then the above, usually better fighters as well. Lack of armor didn't hurt them that much since at range hitting something was very difficult to do and the greater rate of fire provided by their weapons were a much greater advantage. Though with the recent advent of repeating breach-loading rifles, their weapon's superiority was already fading as those weapons made their way to the hands of settlers.

Read the red text.
    Last edited by jannge; 10-25-2010 at 04:53 AM.
    Sig made by Morgana
    That's just funny.

Jannge is awesome.

1. Gentlemen.

1/2. Sheriffs

3. Common Folk

4. Soldiers

Natives

What about state Marshals?

"You're a Booby" ~William the Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Montros View Post
    What about state Marshals?
    State Marshals are like Sheriffs, right?
    Sig made by Morgana
    That's just funny.

Jannge is awesome.

Florida, where no tourist has gone before.

Pretty much, but they'll far more likely be directly from the East, and have all their family and such there. I forgot about them. They would get issued a firearm and stuff but have to mostly make-do themselves.
    The only real power comes out of a long rifle. - Joseph Stalin

A Kentucky Long Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by jannge View Post
    State Marshals are like Sheriffs, right?
    Eh. Sorta. Sheriffs are more of a local thing.
    Pretty much, but they'll far more likely be directly from the East, and have all their family and such there. I forgot about them. They would get issued a firearm and stuff but have to mostly make-do themselves.
    Yeah. They usually live around more urbanized areas, and tend to be more wealthy than most sheriffs.

"You're a Booby" ~William the Troll

I think I got enough information by now. I will put up the ooc thread later, as I will go play "Fallout: New Vegas".
    Sig made by Morgana
    That's just funny.

Jannge is awesome.