Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide to farming for M. Scripts?

Default Guide to farming for M. Scripts?

I have only had 2 Mich Scripts drop out of COUNTLESS attacks on npcs (lvl 5s) and high lvl valleys. I would give my left nut for a few more scripts. Somebody out there has to have noticed a pattern... ANYBODY?

BTW - Props to the guide that I've found works well for medal farming. Posted by Doomsteed - http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=91602

- Kramer (server 131)

My bro says he gets around 3 mich scripts a day from lvl 10 npcs on SS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Priest Vito Cornelius View Post
    It's a - it's a - it's a - it's a - it's a - it's a...
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Ruby Rhod View Post
    No no no no no no. 'Cuz if it was a bomb, the alarms would go off 'cuz all these hotels have bomb detectors, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotel View Post
    [Alarms sound]

3. Default

theres not a guide on it as far as i know, mich scritps are just rare most people get them from level 10 npcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    +rep for creativity and infraction for disrespect.
    thanks DC and SweetP for the siggy

Quote Originally Posted by kythunder View Post
    theres not a guide on it as far as i know, mich scritps are just rare most people get them from level 10 npcs.
    Yeah I thought medals dropping seemed extremely rare and random too, until i started using the guide (see link above). I'd love to find out there's a system to pulling more scripts too. For now I'll try hitting lvl 10 npcs more often...

All I know is my theory about the layer for the 10. I farmed for a long time with 2k wrk, 2kwarr, 4k scout, 2k trans, 90k arch. This was to get my heroes going. I didnt get many scripts.

When rounds went down to 12 or 11. I started using 2kwarr, 1.5k work, 3k scout, 2k trans, 91.5k arch I started getting MS my best is 11 in a week on 110.

and

2kwarr, 2k work, 2k scout, 2k trans, 92k arch or other variants but had these 3 troops for layers.

Then when my best hero had 350+ atk I started using 2k warr, 2k trans, 96k arch, and finally noticed I was not getting MS anymore, or very few. I was sending this hero from city to city to lvl faster so I was not using my other heroes with the previous layers.

Long story short once I got insta warrs I started using my other heroes with the prev layers and started getting MS again.

Its just my anecdotal unscientific observations, and is just a theory that the layers, and amount of troops, at least for me, SEEM to make a difference.

And I've farmed 10s with many other layers, like using pike, sword, cav. 1 of everything with 2994 scouts. No ms, and dont like them cause of resource cost.

Once I even got ZERO archer loss, but its a special layer. I was bored and sent 92k phract layered, Lost 20k+ phract, but 0 archers.

That's all I have to say bout this.

The Secret to Item Farming - Evony Community (http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=85890)

That says pretty much all there is to say about it.
    Players have a higher drop rate than npc's.
    Grey is prey, Red is dead.

Thanks to Tsubasa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    He is not picking his nose, his finger is clearly out of his nose. The pic is obviously the transition after he has picked his nose, but before the finger goes into his mouth. It's an action shot.

This all goes back to the ancient old server/new server argument. If you are on a new server, item drops are EXTREMELY rare on NPC's, even level 10's. Highest drop percentages are from high level valleys.

I have read the above guide, and haven't used it, but from what I've HEARD, it can work well.
    Thank you, drive through.

S88 - Matt the Beast, alliance sinister with symbols, retired.
    S122 - MisterM, alliance BURN5/3lit3, back from retirement
    AgeII - na4, "retired", waiting a year till bugs are worked out.
    S97, 126, 128, 131, 132, 135 - a little here, a little there.

Mich Script drop rate is random ...same as any other item ... thr z no such thing as PATTERN
    When you say that Your researches are maxed,You should MEAN that your researches are maxed

Infinity-S006(Retired) || Prestige - 9095482
    ON DATE OF RETIREMENT :
    Rank by prestige - 6 || Rank by Title - 5

Quote Originally Posted by Carnell View Post
    Mich Script drop rate is random ...same as any other item ... thr z no such thing as PATTERN
    I'm not arguing with that statement at all.

Tho if you're currently getting MS from 10's and have a good hero, start farming with 2kwarr, 2k trans, 96k arch for a while and see how many you get. I farmed that way for a while and other ppl in my alliance were getting them from their farming runs during that time. I was not.

So maybe we can find out if there are situations in which item drops are more likely, or if it all is entirely as random as the wheel of misfortune. I seem to always win food, other resources and jr' bats (yes I know the losses will stand out) while a pal of mine wins MS and speakers most often. He has thousands of speakers, and won 15 or so MS. That's pretty random too.

Again mine is wholly anecdotal, but since I started using a different layer I'm getting MS almost all the time it seems. I got 3 yesterday out of maybe 30 farms.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan00 View Post
    I'm not arguing with that statement at all.

Tho if you're currently getting MS from 10's and have a good hero, start farming with 2kwarr, 2k trans, 96k arch for a while and see how many you get. I farmed that way for a while and other ppl in my alliance were getting them from their farming runs during that time. I was not.

So maybe we can find out if there are situations in which item drops are more likely, or if it all is entirely as random as the wheel of misfortune. I seem to always win food, other resources and jr' bats (yes I know the losses will stand out) while a pal of mine wins MS and speakers most often. He has thousands of speakers, and won 15 or so MS. That's pretty random too.

Again mine is wholly anecdotal, but since I started using a different layer I'm getting MS almost all the time it seems. I got 3 yesterday out of maybe 30 farms.
    Hey what server are you on?