Page 3 of 453 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Academy [RP]

Inside my own little corner, on the crossway of sanity and chaos.

"I kinda figured you were bored. You don't hide it well." With a small shrug, Thantissa reached inside her black leather long coat. Rummaging through the many pockets, she found two flasks. The thought crossed her mind that she shouldn't share, but just as quickly got smothered by what the Abbadon, it's not like I wasn't wanting a drink myself...! Passing one over to the half human, she unscrewed the top on her own, and took a swig. "Don't worry, it's not demon brew...but it has a good kick to it, for a human made drink," she muttered. "I'm just here to learn how to channel my love of aggression and death dealing. Mom's worried that if I don't..." She let the statement die with a bit of a frown.

Special Props To Don Ezio for this!

In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.

Feeling that the drow, would not really respond kindly, she turned her attention to....other things. She knew she had confidence, deep down if not, but it was there nonetheless. Turning around, she faced the half demon/human and the human that was intimidating, walked straight up to them. She planted her feet just there, straightened up and looked them in the eyes. "This is it, where it all can start," she thought so silently to herself.

Opening her mouth, a smile formed and the words escaped..."Hello, I presume you are senior students? Even so, I'd like to introduce myself here."

"Hm. Aren't you full of surprises," said the older man, accepting the flask. "Thanks."

As he took a swig, he nodded in approval. "Better. Though I wonder what such a youth is doing with something this strong."

As the elf approached, Rick chuckled. "Actually, I'm technically no more senior than you are, at this school. Though I likely have more experience with a blade than some of the teachers, military experience doesn't count here. Name's Rick. And I'm guessing you're an arcane warrior."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigilstone17 View Post
    Holeypaladin is a pretty cool guy.
    I like swords.

The man's politeness surprised her in a way, she never thought he would really respond to a youngster.

"Right guess indeed, my dear sir", she said, smiling besides herself again.
    "I also thought you might have the gift with the sword, as I see your a military man. The sword is the only companion I trust. I've been working with it from the time I was....small, if you could say that."

Sitting in a chair that was close, she asked: "And what are you two studying besides just the arts of swords?"

"Axe, mace, shield, armor." Rick shrugged. "The works. After all, what else do you need?"

He glanced at the man with a revolver. "Though I suppose that little contraption might make them all obsolete, someday. Anyway, since you prefer the sword, you should let me teach you some of the techniques this school doesn't want you to know. Off the record, of course. I'm technically not a teacher here."
    I like swords.

While also looking at the man with the weapon she thought, why would someone wanna use such a weapon that can do terible damage? The thought also came back to her. Power.

That is also, what she wanted, but in a disciplined manner.

And so she regarded the human warrior. "I think i shoud accept your offer, sir." She didn't know what else to call him. "I think I need more training what this place has to offer, but that would have to wait until the classes start..."

"Hm. True," said Rick. He was a bit confused by how she kept calling him "sir," but wasn't sure how to deal with it. "Well, I'm sure the school's got a lot to offer, else I wouldn't be here myself. Still though, it doesn't hurt to know more than a few tricks. Still haven't gotten your name, miss...?"
    I like swords.

While blushing, she almost stuttered, but kept it together. "Umm..Laura, Laura Matisse." She couldn't believe she hadn't introduced herself yet! It was the first thing her parents-she sighed when she thought of that, but kept her face clean of emotion. "And what may your full name be, sir? And the lady in the corner....?" As she spoke, she gazed at the lady, who caught her attention earlier.

Rick shrugged. "Wish I knew. Far as I know, I'm just Rick. A last name might reveal my heritage, for all I know."

He glanced at the half-demon girl, who looked even younger than the elf. He guessed it was just Laura's nature to call everything "sir" or "lady". "I didn't catch the young Tiefling's name either, miss?"
    I like swords.

Inside my own little corner, on the crossway of sanity and chaos.

"That's because you never asked, Rick." With a cool look at him for good measure, she turned to Laura. "Thantissa Morte. I'm just as new here as you are."

Special Props To Don Ezio for this!

In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.