Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspension for use of bots

Default Suspension for use of bots

So i started on a completely new server yesterday... 140... never used a bot on it. I played for about 6 hours until at about 1:30 in the morning i got a 7 day suspension for using a bot... I know evony says they can tell if your using a bot, I just want to know if they can look back again because I legitimately did not use a bot.

I had used a bot the week before with the same account on another server and was suspended for 3 days. I got my account back from the first offense on Sunday, my last time using a bot was last Thursday (which I have already been suspended for last Friday).

Is there any way that when checking for a bot Evony could have seen what I was already suspended for and given me a 7 day suspension?? Admin if you could help me out here I would greatly appreciate it...

I'm not trying to cover my back and lie here I just want Evony to look again and see that I really didn't use a bot...

And does anyone have any ideas as to why they would have thought I was botting in the first place?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this.

how do you even have an account any more after admitting to having a bot in the first place?

Oh touche... its the people who lie about it from the beginning who should keep their account..

I don't need any of that... I tried a bot for one day, payed the price for what i did, and learned not to do it again.

But I'm actually looking for someone who can help me out here, so please take your accusations elsewhere.

I was actually considering not bothering with the game anymore... it doesn't seem worth my time and money to play a game where I can get suspended for something I didn't do.

I was just resting my final decision on this and my email to Evony; I want to see if they actually care about their customers enough to help them out.

They have thousands more who are still paying. If you leave you most likely wont be noticed.

So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak
    ~Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Did you delete the bot and ALL associated files? I know that even with an "uninstall," most programs leave residual files in various temporary folders and preference folders, etc...

There may be some residual from the bot that got activated by a cookie or something when it saw the Evony game load.

My best recommendation is to scour all those nooks and crannies where evil little files like this are usually located, and destroy them with great prejudice. Then, start another new lord on a fresh server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

Oh I'm sure they're not going to care, I'm not making this out to be a big deal to them. I just don't want to get into this game or get my friends into it if an account can just be closed at any time for no real reason.

I understand where your coming from you learnt your lesson but still have been punished a second time for the same crime. Mail them see how you get on good luck with it.

That's a good idea Rota thank you, I'll consider it but the idea of starting over all over again after doing it yesterday makes me cringe inside...

lol and the uninstall button is about as far as my computer literacy goes, so I'm completely lost as to where I would even start looking for anything left over. I couldn't imagine it starting by itself tho because I had to open it up on an swf decompiler to use it (not that I even really know what that does lol).

Thanks for the response though, its good to know that someone out there cares haha = )

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Did you delete the bot and ALL associated files? I know that even with an "uninstall," most programs leave residual files in various temporary folders and preference folders, etc...

There may be some residual from the bot that got activated by a cookie or something when it saw the Evony game load.

My best recommendation is to scour all those nooks and crannies where evil little files like this are usually located, and destroy them with great prejudice. Then, start another new lord on a fresh server.
    Are you saying Evony is going inside our computers and looking around?