Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspension for use of bots

nooks and crannies?

yes sir! thats where my secret bot is hiding lol, not actually doing anything just getting me into trouble..

Quote Originally Posted by AngryNicko View Post
    lol and the uninstall button is about as far as my computer literacy goes, so I'm completely lost as to where I would even start looking for anything left over. I couldn't imagine it starting by itself tho because I had to open it up on an swf decompiler to use it (not that I even really know what that does lol).
    Not to scare monger but just a a warning for the future. If your not sure what it does? DONT RUN IT. As an IT admin where I work and I am forever warning users, this is how viruses get spread.

However:

If you look here: http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...40#post1006940

Evony have said that they did 2 bot check sweeps this week. So the most likely reason for the 2nd suspension of account is left over files in your "nooks and crannies"

Now how to get rid of them
    First clear your IE cache of temporary files and delete all cookies. This is under the tools option in IE. If you use another browser Im sure a quick google search will point you in the right direction.

Next visit www.download.com a legitimate site ran by CNet.com for hosting free software such as virus checkers, spyware checkers etc.

You want to download, install and run the following programs which are designed to clear out files that are no longer needed (old .dll's) or are suspicious (spyware, virus related)

CCleaner

and

MalwareBytes

They are both quite easy to use and can help speed up your computer system in the process. If unsure about advanced features of these or the programs themselves. Do a google search on them.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Savena

Ok I will do that. Wouldn't Evony be able to recognize those as not an actually bot running. I just don't understand why Evony would ban someone for something they're not actually doing and then not reconsider the ban.

It is a kinda scary idea that Evony's going through the nooks and crannies of my computer just to figure out who's cheating on a game...

Quote Originally Posted by PeterGriffin View Post
    Are you saying Evony is going inside our computers and looking around?
    No, I am not saying that at all.
    Evony does have sentry software that can see items in your RAM interacting with their program. We are made aware of this in the Terms of Service agreement. We agree to allow them to root out cheaters when we press the "login" button.

Evony CANNOT browse your hard drive and look at your files. The agreement doesn't suggest anything like that, and they don't have the capability, anyway.

What I actually said was, it's possible an old bot remnant got activated when Evony starts up, which would make it visible in the RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

Ok that makes sense, and I did everything Savena suggested so I should be ok.

My last question is can't they tell whether it's a bot or just a little leftover piece? Is their any way that they can just look at it and see what it was so I don't have to wait another 6 days to play? because by then there's no point anyways.

I doubt anyone either can or will do anything about it but try contacting one of the reps to see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    If you don't care enough to make yourself understandable, don't be surprised if others don't care enough to try to figure out what you're trying to tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterGriffin View Post
    Are you saying Evony is going inside our computers and looking around?
    to answer your question the answer is yes. Many moderators will tel you know and try to hide it and lie about it lol

some will tell you to find a source and prove it, well than fine I will. It is totally online based so save the argument there too, but when you login to evony, by bot or live please follow these steps for your proof

1. Click Start
    2. Click Run (if windows Vista click in the text box at the bottom please)
    3. Type : cmd
    4. Click OK
    5. Type : netstat all as one word

These 5 steps will display all active network connections, scroll your list and you will see extra connections settings from evony, in fact a lot more than any game would need with 100 x the memory and graphics. So hello to evony spyware my friends

oops I think I broke the covenant and they will ban me from here too... I just wish I had the chance to learn my lesson
    Evony suspended me once, got my account back for 48 hours and was banned... and btw I never used a bot after that suspension.
    So I am out over $1200 on this game and Evony are a bunch of liars and crooks

I have never used a bot and don't even know how to get one and have been suspended for thee days is there a number to call because I do not like being called a cheater. I think it thought I was a bot for using 4000 cents in speed up in about 20 mins

1. Click Start
    2. Click Run (if windows Vista click in the text box at the bottom please)
    3. Type : cmd
    4. Click OK
    5. Type : netstat all as one word

I did that, and it didn't show ANYTHING from Evony. Just a TCP connection to a foreign IP from mine. Am running Vista.