Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspension for use of bots

I guess people should learn not to cheat in the first place. Kind of makes it un-fun for the rest of us...
    Honesty really does pay off..

Oh yea... since its a 7 day suspension now I only got to play 11 hours before bp ends... Thanks Evony...
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryNicko View Post
    **Any hurtful acts towards this thread will result in the perpetrator being ingested by 500 million blargs within 5 days of the harmful act**

_Don't say we didn't warn you_

iam pretty sure on the newer servers u get a 3day ban thn the after the 7day ban thts u perma banned thts wat happened 2 me

Quote Originally Posted by mempey View Post
    to answer your question the answer is yes. Many moderators will tel you no and try to hide it and lie about it lol
    I've met some people playing this game who frankly... are the most impressive computer experts I've ever seen. Not one of them has produced a screenshot evidencing data mining, despite months of accusations and investigations. There is your real answer right there. The answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterGriffin View Post
    Are you saying Evony is going inside our computers and looking around?
    No lol that is so unbelievably illegal Evony would already have been shut down as there are a lot of very very tech savvy players that would use that as an opportunity to get some quick cash

Quote Originally Posted by Savena View Post
    Not to scare monger but just a a warning for the future. If your not sure what it does? DONT RUN IT. As an IT admin where I work and I am forever warning users, this is how viruses get spread.
    I've gotta say there's no way you AREN'T IT lol Through your post I could feel your headache coming on as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by mempey View Post
    to answer your question the answer is yes. Many moderators will tel you know and try to hide it and lie about it lol

some will tell you to find a source and prove it, well than fine I will. It is totally online based so save the argument there too, but when you login to evony, by bot or live please follow these steps for your proof

1. Click Start
    2. Click Run (if windows Vista click in the text box at the bottom please)
    3. Type : cmd
    4. Click OK
    5. Type : netstat all as one word

These 5 steps will display all active network connections, scroll your list and you will see extra connections settings from evony, in fact a lot more than any game would need with 100 x the memory and graphics. -false accusations-

oops I think I broke the covenant and they will ban me from here too... I just wish I had the chance to learn my lesson
    Evony suspended me once, got my account back for 48 hours and was banned... and btw I never used a bot after that suspension.
    So I am out over $1200 on this game and -insulting comments-
    My netstat shows one entry, unless you've got redundant connections or malware/spyware on your machine, you should as well. Savena has a wonderful suggestion above, you may want to give your network a once-over.

Us mods don't run the games, and are players just like you. Of course, we don't bash the people we volunteer to work for, just like I don't bash the soup kitchen I volunteer for. Why would you volunteer for something if you are against them? To be fair, the only reason any of us would claim one thing or another would be experience, not a background knowledge of how things work. We don't get privvy information like that and don't get to look let alone touch the back end, so anything we say is either Evony's public standpoint, or just plain common sense.

Also, those connections won't prove you don't use third party software either, btw. In fact, if you had multiple connections it would do quite the opposite... Savena you're IT, jump in here and correct me if I'm missing something!
    Last edited by AbstractAngel; 03-31-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Compliments of the wonderful Warsimi!

Perhaps if you took the time to ask the reps how exactly the client works with your computer, I don't have a doubt that a rep will answer, or try to answer, your question.
    Formerly known as Jurnis

Quote Originally Posted by AbstractAngel View Post
    My netstat shows one entry, unless you've got redundant connections or malware/spyware on your machine, you should as well. Savena has a wonderful suggestion above, you may want to give your network a once-over.
    well when i run netstat this is what showed up.
    seems more than one connection and a lot to evony
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jurnis View Post
    Perhaps if you took the time to ask the reps how exactly the client works with your computer, I don't have a doubt that a rep will answer, or try to answer, your question.
    Thats almost exactly my problem, besides this forum (which hasnt brought me to close to an answer) I haven't received any answers from any emails or messages I've sent. I just want someone to go and look at it again because this is just ridiculous..
    **Any hurtful acts towards this thread will result in the perpetrator being ingested by 500 million blargs within 5 days of the harmful act**

Does anyone know of any specific person I can ask who will help me with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurnis View Post
    Reps are not going to share that information. If they give too much information, then it becomes easier for cheaters to make workarounds for their bots to avoid the sentry software that detects bot activity.

a rep would probably provide an answer similar to this response in another thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyBunny View Post
    Bots are not undetectable. In fact, I've had a rather pleasant conversation recently with one of the programmers who wrote the biggest and most widely used bot program out there. His question to me was interesting: "Why don't you ban every botter instantly? I know how easy it is to detect the footprint from the bots."

So I really don't care if you know a thing or two about software development. The programmer himself says he knows how detectable they are, and I assure you that we know quite well if you are botting. If you are being told that you can get away with it and that we can't tell, or that if you log off by server reset we can't tell, or that if you only use it a couple times a day we can't tell...you are being lied to. We can tell.
    They DO NOT scan your hard drive and see if you have a bot installed. They see the footprints of the bot in the RAM as it interacts with Evony. As I said before, they have every right to watch for programs interacting with their software, it's stated directly in the terms of service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.