Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 343

Thread: FB making Age II more unbalanced than Age I

  1. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malacai View Post
    All games free to play or triple A mmo's have the same argument. People that always have more time and money will always have the advantage to those that do not.
    Yes, that was my argument against those who would come on here and complain because they said that me having time was unfair because they didn't have time. Now they are catered to with the Facebook bonuses, and my only recourse is to either not play, play but be constantly wiped out, or create a fake facebook account to offset the imbalance.

    I thought I was playing Evony, not Evonybook / Faceony...

  2. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neko_lord View Post
    Yes, that was my argument against those who would come on here and complain because they said that me having time was unfair because they didn't have time. Now they are catered to with the Facebook bonuses, and my only recourse is to either not play, play but be constantly wiped out, or create a fake facebook account to offset the imbalance.

    I thought I was playing Evony, not Evonybook / Faceony...
    What you get from facebook is hardly overpowering enough to wipe you out as you have stated. Since you have not tried it with facebook all you can do is make assumptions based on the falsities of what you have read on these forums and DawnSeeker already posted on this thread that those insane amount of troops was not from facebook but rather from another bug having to do with resources and troops no longer dying in the refuge point.

  3. #103

    Default

    My understanding is that Evony and Facebook have deals of broadcasting eachother on their sites, thus benefiting both do not expect to go away
    Please don't send me hateful PM's you make me cry........ from laughing so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by gottibabe1 View Post
    Meh it's an ok,but I've seen much bigger
    Do I even need to say it?

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Aussie
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Yet another reason why i am staying away from Age 2 at the moment. Personally I think it is at least a month away from being at a stage where I am willing to invest my time into it. Out of beta far too early IMO. Evony needs to fix these bugs and the many more that exist before even contemplating creating new servers

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Everywhere you can think of... My true place.. In my castle
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malacai View Post
    All games free to play or triple A mmo's have the same argument. People that always have more time and money will always have the advantage to those that do not.
    And I am sure your one of those Malacai.. Only those who have no life outside Evony have no spare time...

    Rep me if I help.. Or if I make you laugh.. Or if you agree with some things I say...

    My alliance isn't REBIRTH2 anymore it is MAXIMUS I need too change that!

  6. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malacai View Post
    What you get from facebook is hardly overpowering enough to wipe you out as you have stated. Since you have not tried it with facebook all you can do is make assumptions based on the falsities of what you have read on these forums and DawnSeeker already posted on this thread that those insane amount of troops was not from facebook but rather from another bug having to do with resources and troops no longer dying in the refuge point.
    I believe that the people that I have talked to, and temporarily in an alliance with, are honest people and have told me what they have seen happen.

    I put little stock in what any employee has to say at this point...

    However, if I were to entertain that thought, that the resource bug kept the troop counts insanely high, what you neglect to consider is that those were not trained in barracks at all, and there are multiple infusions of troops, thus if someone is getting 20-50k cavs a day, then even if they lose the 1 million they might have right now, they'll keep getting resupplied far faster than I could even think about keeping up with in barracks...

    Question to you: Are you getting these Facebook freebies and want to be able to keep them?

    I'd like to know, so I can understand if you're offering a biased or unbiased opinion...

  7. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malacai View Post
    I only have 2 facebook contacts that play this game so I am not out to exploit the facebook stuff. Now if people are intentionally creating huge facebook alliances to cheat the new system then those people need to be sanctioned.
    Revisiting this...

    This answers my question about biased vs. unbiased...and also, if true you only have 2 contacts, then it explains why you're not seeing this as a big deal. You need to take what you've gotten and multiply it by 30-50 to see the impact when it is in use full force by a large alliance. Add to that the fact that many people will create fake accounts, both Facebook and Evony, to feed their main account, and you've got a fully endorsed bot-like system that totally crushes those of us who do not have facebook accounts because of personal / professional reasons.

    ...and before you say, "but it's free, so you can do it too", Facebook's Terms of Service state:

    Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:

    1. You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
    So that states I have to put my real name out there if I want to get in on this "free" stuff. In case you don't know, employers / business associates / potential customers (of a person, not of Evony...think self-employed people's customer base) look at this kind of thing these days and make judgements on what they see.
    Last edited by neko_lord; 04-03-2010 at 11:28 PM.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Hidden Leaf Village
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amikee View Post
    It may be free but there is a dilemma. I read the below terms that I can make one account, and currently my "real" account that has my "real" name is connected to people who do not game, nor would I even dream of spamming them with my game news or adding other gamers to my account (Edit: just to get the benefits). So I am prevented from making an account for my gaming persona? So in that way Facebook is not available for my Evony use as to do so could negatively impact my business income.

    From Facebook Terms:

    Registration and Account Security
    Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:

    You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
    You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
    You will not use Facebook if you are under 13.
    You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender.
    You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
    You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
    You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
    If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).

    Ok of these TOS I see several that Evony is influencing people to violate

    You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission. Many people have already opened fake accounts and multiple accounts just for the Free Evony Cr*p

    You will not use Facebook if you are under 13. LOL, I've met many kids playing that are under 13... guess they art totally hosed... they don't work so they don't have money and they legally can't do FB either.

    You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender. With the type of advertising we've seen from Evony, I wouldn't be surprised if we did have one or two sex offenders playing and I wouldn't put it past them to open a FB account with false information.

    You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date. This isn't likely... since many accounts have already been opened under fake names or with fake personal information.

    You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
    I'm sure there will be FB account sharing for those that opened strictly gaming accounts on FB, just like there is out of control account sharing on Evony.


    Besides all these facts is the fact that I will once again state... FaceBook diminishes the Evony gaming experience by reducing the need for time, effort, and skill that is other wise required to play the game. FaceBook users, unlike those that spend real money on the game, have infinitely unlimited "gifts" in the long run. Every singe day you send and receive your "gifts"... those gifts quickly add up.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Everywhere you can think of... My true place.. In my castle
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murtagh View Post
    My understanding is that Evony and Facebook have deals of broadcasting eachother on their sites, thus benefiting both do not expect to go away
    Seems about right.. I fear that is actually what is happening..

    Rep me if I help.. Or if I make you laugh.. Or if you agree with some things I say...

    My alliance isn't REBIRTH2 anymore it is MAXIMUS I need too change that!

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Building a religion... a limited edition...
    Posts
    18,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetP View Post
    Ok of these TOS I see several that Evony is influencing people to violate

    You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date. This isn't likely... since many accounts have already been opened under fake names or with fake personal information.
    Oops... I created an Evony only one and named it Leroy Jenkins.....

    But I couldn't link it to my Evony acct so I gave up and I'm stuck using my real one.

    All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song


    Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •