Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remote file is too large?

Default Remote file is too large?

Hello, I had this sig created for me

But it wont let me make it my sig, It says
    Remote file is too large

we tried making the sig smaller but still wont work, I contacted a mod and the mod told me to post something in this forum

Can somebody help me please

Ohio, Midwest, United States, North America, The New World, Earth, System of Sol, Milky Way

Try saving it to your compy, then uploading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildor View Post
    Pialpha has a long history of pushing others into fights and then sitting back to laugh at the fireworks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxybunny -- Referring to Myself
    ...that a certain person who loves to instigate without ever getting his own personal hands dirty (and who thinks I don't know he does that)

Your proposed signature is 575 kilobytes in size. The size restriction for a signature is 73.2 kilobytes. So your image is approximately 8x bigger than permitted. Therefore, it needs to have fewer frames, which will make the animation choppier. That's why you don't see people with intricate animation in their signatures... the filesize restriction is there so we don't have more lag in loading forum pages, and higher bandwidth usage I suspect.

Hopefully Natalia can revise it for you.

Last edited by DCJerboa; 04-05-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks alot

if i slow the animation down will that help?

Feel Free to use this sig to celebrate Earth day.

If you would like a Signature making, please visit my Shop with a detailed request.

No... slowing down the animation won't help. The image has 30 frames. You need to reduce that to about 4 frames... which will look pretty terrible. :|

Damn, back to the drawing board then thank you

If you would like a Signature making, please visit my Shop with a detailed request.

Erm... you didn't run an optimization routine on the signature, I take it. You effectively had 30 full flat images for the signature. An optimization routine removes the static elements from 29 frames, and keeps just the dynamic pixels changing in each frame. The end result is a tiny file size in comparison when you have a focused and fractional area of animation.

Spooner, use this file... I optimized it and now its under 50kb and should work perfectly as a signature.

Last edited by DCJerboa; 04-05-2010 at 11:48 AM.

I have to say I don't understand all this optimize stuff, I always have to play with it to get the sig to work properly and display the colour by turning it into a jpeg low and gif, then it lets me have 256 colours, otherwise I have no clue what its all about, any chance you can mail me with a little explanation to the who optimize thing?

Also, thank you for fixing x

Well Its my sig, But the smiley face in the middle isnt moving...isnt even there