Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballista farming NPCs = unbalanced game

Yeah. This game needs something that will make it fun still once you become the best.

WoW has the arena for lvl 80's
    Runescape has the wilderness and they update more frequently
    This game is better if you dont PvP, which is a problem.

What we need is a monster that the best players can fight. Another barbarian continent that burns the land upon that which its armies walks. One armed with cannon, whose armies require united assults by the best of the best. Whose armies retaliat on there agressors and attack there home cities. We need the Ottomans.
    Look for Heights in the RPG and story section

I agree with Lord Arumen.
    have npc towns randomly attacking players with forces that can be higher than the 100k (125k if using items) for each troop.
    have random events like the plague causing losses in towns amongst civilians, troops.
    have rats infestation causing damage to food stored ..

Making the game more dynamic in multiple different variations will keep people's interest.

Yes, these are good ideas. Maybe if you attack one NPC village too much they'll get angry and attack you back with a huge army, that'd be cool

All for Ottoman Turks? lol

I think ballista farming is great. When some dill weed keeps hitting me and taking everything I have non-stop just because he started a few days ahead of me, it gives me a chance to survive and keep playing instead of getting frustrated and quitting. Quitcher*****in and play the game.

I think you missed the main point of this thread. Its ballista farming NPC's. How you can hit any NPC lower than level 6 with just ballistas and win every time. Not hitting other players.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangChick View Post
    I think ballista farming is great. When some dill weed keeps hitting me and taking everything I have non-stop just because he started a few days ahead of me, it gives me a chance to survive and keep playing instead of getting frustrated and quitting. Quitcher*****in and play the game.
    Hehe, even if helps you right now, that doesn't mean it's good for the game. It actually benefits the players that started earlier more, guess you're just lucky that guy don't know about ballista farming.

I can see the point that balista's farming NPC is an unlimited cash cow. I will also agree that it should be stopped mainly because it is so profitable that it ruins the economy.

That being said, as long as it is legal, and others are doing it then I will too, to stay competative. My suggestion, is much less dramatic than others above: simply make the NPC cities less valuable to plunder. Give them less gold and resources.

I would really not like it if the solution method is to modify the tactics, so that balista's are more vunerable just because of this issue. People design their entire strategy based on a huge investment in specific troup combinations. Changing the mechanics of combat can ruin their army and their investment in their troups causing extreme havok for some people.

Its fine, dont change the system
    ~~ ~~ ~~

If you all are complaining how about they just make npc's towns able to attack.... Dont need to change anything else. If you are farming an NPC that means you have the troops that can wipe out someone else and if you dont like farming npcs dont and stop crying about it. go farm people that do farm npcs.