Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballista farming NPCs = unbalanced game

Quote Originally Posted by Cougaar View Post
    If you all are complaining how about they just make npc's towns able to attack.... Dont need to change anything else. If you are farming an NPC that means you have the troops that can wipe out someone else and if you dont like farming npcs dont and stop crying about it. go farm people that do farm npcs.
    We're bringing up a flaw in the game that is pretty important, we're not "crying about it"

And what you're saying is wrong, right now on the server I play at I can probably attack most people, but not those that have been farming the NPCs a lot. And as time goes by there will be more and more of them. With food being this easy to get nothing stops people from putting 500k archers in their villages, it's just a matter of time.

The optimal village now is like 20 barracks and no resource production at all.

I completely agree with the topic creator. I am one of (if not the only) user in WMD that harvests NPCs without the use of ballistae. I suffer thousands in losses per raid for my reward and nothing would make me happier than seeing the entire server having to actually EARN their resources. Markets will go down finally and everything will be far more balanced. Nerf whatever you have to, to make this work I say!

Farming NPCs are needed. Until they reduce the insane amount troops consume or up the production of farms, there is almost no other way to maintain a decent army.

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyarmElite View Post
    I completely agree with the topic creator. I am one of (if not the only) user in WMD that harvests NPCs without the use of ballistae. I suffer thousands in losses per raid for my reward and nothing would make me happier than seeing the entire server having to actually EARN their resources. Markets will go down finally and everything will be far more balanced. Nerf whatever you have to, to make this work I say!
    And how much would you enjoy a change of NPC respawning resources every 8 hours?

Players who have the research and enough balista should be able to attack NPCs without losses. Why do people want players who have balista to start losing troops? What is the matter with people suffering no losses seriously...

stop the worry with balista anyways, i think the major problem with "evony" is still the lag >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Iwind View Post
    We're bringing up a flaw in the game that is pretty important, we're not "crying about it"

And what you're saying is wrong, right now on the server I play at I can probably attack most people, but not those that have been farming the NPCs a lot. And as time goes by there will be more and more of them. With food being this easy to get nothing stops people from putting 500k archers in their villages, it's just a matter of time.

The optimal village now is like 20 barracks and no resource production at all.
    So by what everyone is saying... NPC towns should have longer range. or harder to farm. But if that were the case then even the people who farm with normal troops would be hurt so either way the problem does not lay with how the npcs are farmed it is with how ridiculous the amount of food it costs to keep big armies alive.

Its simple...

Make the RESOURCE regen longer, Make JUST the resource(s) regen every 4-8hours, Infact they should make it random 1-8 hours ;-).
    ~~ ~~ ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kayos View Post
    You are crying about it because you are whining that some people will have more troops then you will. Instead of pushing balista gets nerfed, why dont you try to become a stronger player instead of trying to bring around 85% of down with you? Either that or find a new game that nerfs players when people whine, like World of Warcraft >_>
    You could not be more wrong, I probably have one of the largest armies on the server I play at, and I believe most people that have been doing this for a while know what I'm talking about.

Supporting a large army would be more difficult with this change, but then I would have to go over to attacking other players for resources as well as building farms and conquering valleys. I don't have any valleys now, since I don't need them, and I hardly have any farms either. I'm not against improving farm production a bit either.

I would enjoy if the respawn rate of resources in NPC villages was changed to 8 hours for sure, 24 hours being even better.

the reason we farm NPC's is because food is way too limited, archer is 9k per hour. thats 1 archer eating 9 per hour. lets say 1 food is 1 sandwich, seriously we got 1 archer eating 9 sandwiches per hour whats up with that? Either make farms produce more food or decrease the food needed for a large army. the point of the game is to have a big army anyways isnt it?