Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Illegal copy and paste?

Your just kinda getting racist there but anyways there have been problems like this with other games but no one really does anything until the company that they copyrighted starts suing them

Default Copywright Laws.

Quote Originally Posted by zmflavius View Post
    I've noticed that a lot of the buildings in Civony seem to resemble the buildings in Age of Empires 2, to the point where it looks like they were copied and pasted. Isn't that illegal?
    To awnser your question, I would say.

There is no real proof they actualy took the images from AOE2 and used them for this game, Yes they look alot like the pictures i have seen in that game. But i dought there is enough to build a realy good case.

There will allways be a First somewere, everyone that gets an idea based on that first will allways have the possibility to get acusations like this.

Hope this summons it up for ya.

Ps: Excuse my english, its not perfected yet. And no, im not Asian

i got a question
    who gives a s%*t

Quote Originally Posted by zmflavius View Post
    I've noticed that a lot of the buildings in Civony seem to resemble the buildings in Age of Empires 2, to the point where it looks like they were copied and pasted. Isn't that illegal?
    Hahaha, the game was developed in China, what did you expect?

It's not being racist, it's true that China has no respect for other countries.

For us that havent played Age of Empires 2, could you post some screen shots that proves the similtarity that you are talking about? Thx.

Age of Empires 2 graphics are public domain now.

I would like to point out that the only people who can rightly do anything about the graphics issue are the owners of the alleged infringed upon work.

Alternately, if you feel strongly enough about it, and have some kind of artistic skill, you could submit graphics to the developers royalty free and see them changed, but I'd love to see how many different variations you could possibly come up with for lumber mills, quarries, cottage units, barracks, etcetera that won't resemble any of the hundreds or possibly thousands of medieval style games out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothpaste View Post
    For us that havent played Age of Empires 2, could you post some screen shots that proves the similtarity that you are talking about? Thx.
    Its quite easy to see that elements from Age of Kings have been copied to this game. I didn't take a lot of time to try and match up the photos exactly but you might notice something familiar in the following screen shots.

Civony Town

Age of Kings Town

Civony Farms

Age of Kings Farms

Civony Castle

Age of Kings Castle

Obviously some of the graphics have been made smaller or two items pasted together, but to anyone that plays Age of Kings, its quite obvious.

I'd like to see a link to prove that Age of Kings is now 'public domain'.

Copyright, they could be sued