View Poll Results: Which plan do you prefer? Vote now!

Voters
12005. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plan A - You decide whether to stay in Age I or transfer to Age II

3,470 28.90%
  • Plan B - Keep your Age I account on all servers, and a duplicate account in Age II. All your lords will be copied from all servers.

8,535 71.10%
Page 1 of 139 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Evony Age I to Age II player transfer options - Vote and be heard!

Staff Icon Evony Age I to Age II player transfer options - Vote and be heard!

YOUR AGE I ACCOUNT WILL NOT BE LOST. YOU CAN KEEP IT FOREVER IF YOU WANT IN EITHER PLAN.

Dear Lords and Ladies of Evony,

We are very excited to announce to you two plans for all players to have the capability to move their Evony Age I accounts to Evony Age II! Here at Evony we are truly committed to your player happiness, and we have appreciated your feedback after the launch of Age II.

So without further introduction, here are the two plans up for your vote!

Plan A - You decide whether to stay in Age I or transfer to Age II

In this plan, we will set up mirror Age II servers for all existing Age I servers, and give individual players the choice to move to the Age II server or remain on their Age I server. This option has many benefits:
    • Individual players can choose to permanently move their lords, cities, items, cents balances, heroes, everything, from Age I over to the Age II server.
    • Alliances will remain intact.
    • A Veteran Lord package will be granted to any player who has at least one hero who is above level 100. We will announce the precise details later, but we have removed the irrelevant items, doubled the value, and we have added in a royal guard hero! Wow!
    • Depending on how many players transfer from Age I to Age II, we will merge servers as necessary in order to ensure there are plenty of enemies to battle.
    • Transfer will be available for an extended period of time.

Plan B - Keep your Age I account on all servers, and a duplicate account in Age II. All your lords will be copied from all servers.

Similar to Plan A, we will set up mirror Age II servers for all existing Age I servers. However all players will have the option to copy their account from Age I to their Age II server, and keep both accounts. At any time either account can be closed by restarting, so it is still possible for a player to permanently move from Age I to Age II and not leave their lord behind. Or a player could choose to play both Age I and Age II!

This plan is far more expensive for us to offer, but if there is enough demand from our players we are willing to support it in order to live up to our motto: Evony - The pursuit of player happiness!

• All players' Age I accounts will be saved, and players can choose to copy any or all of their lords from any server to new Age II worlds.
    • Once the copy has been made there can be no further copy from Age I to Age II --- they are now two separate Lords with two different destinies!
    • Alliances will still remain intact.
    • A Veteran Lord package will be granted to any player who has at least one hero who is above level 100. We will announce the precise details later, but we have removed the irrelevant items, doubled the value, and we have added in a royal guard hero! Wow!
    • Depending on how many players transfer from Age I to Age II, we will merge servers as necessary in order to ensure there are plenty of enemies to battle.
    • Transfer will be available for an extended period of time.

So what do you think? Vote in this thread and let your voice be heard! As questions are asked, I will update this thread with a "frequently asked questions" section.

Cheers,
    Mike

In Evony, You Rule.
    Last edited by Dawnseeker; 04-07-2010 at 10:57 AM.

What about prestige and honor?
    Prestige and honor will move along with your lord.

Can I merge lords?
    Unfortunately no, we cannot support the merging of lords. Lords moved or transfered from Age I to Age II will be moved in their entirety to a specific Age II server. This includes all flats, cities, locations, etc. It is essentially a mirror copy of the Age I server, only in the Age II client. And depending on the option selected players can either permanently move their lord (Plan A), or copy their lord (Plan B).

What about cents/items/etc?
    Any cent balance and all items will also be moved or copied. This will be a one-time transfer/copy, not a continuous update. In Plan B once you copy a lord to the Age II server, both lords follow entirely different destinies.

Would Plan A force me to move to Age II?
    Absolutely not! Each player has the choice whether or not to move their lord to the Age II server in both Plan A and Plan B. No forced moving!

I have (insert #) Heroes all level (insert #)+ what about me?
    Heroes work differently in Age II than in Age I. The maximum level for Age II is 100. All heroes above level 100 would have their level set to the maximum of 100 in Age II. The Veteran Heroes package would provide equipment to make ALL your heroes more powerful. Gear affects all heroes in Age II and you would not require multiple packages for multiple heroes.

Can I choose which server I go to?
    In order to offer the ability to keep alliances together, as well as other advantages, all players who choose to move or transfer their lord will move to a specific Age II server based on their Age I server.

Can I transfer to a new server?
    We will not enable Age I lords to transfer to a "new" Age II server as this is unfair to new lords on new servers, and would unfairly unbalance the playing field.

In Evony, You Rule.
    Last edited by SleepWorker; 04-08-2010 at 01:03 AM.

what about prestige and honors, will be reset?
    Albania alliance

If we move an Age I Lord to Age II, will it be possible to merge it with an existing Age II Lord?

Some of us spend money on both Age I server and Age II server and would like to have these cents and items merged since playing on more than 1 server is a bit tiresome.

if copy, how will the cent be split or will it be copy too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dardany View Post
    what about prestige and honors, will be reset?
    Good question, I wonder that as well.

Those who spend the money most on Evony wins most.

Before I vote on either plan (it says I cannot vote btw) ...

Before I would even consider moving from Age 1 to Age 2 - I have to take in consideration of how unstable Age 2 currently is. I have heard through the grapevine that the workers of your company does not think that Age 2 is as bad as the players are saying.

I could say more but do not want to get into trouble with anyone ... mods or otherwise.

Option A has more benefits.

It allows players to transfer to Age 2 if they want. It also thins the population on Age 1 servers, allowing Evony to merge many more Age 1 servers into each new super server. This would mean far less servers for Evony to maintain in the long run.

I sent you a PM, Valk. I hope you get the opportunity to read it soon.

Edit: If these two are not the only options you are considering, then I think a post I made in another Age 2 thread merits repeating here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I would imagine they would create transfer servers. The current na servers are like any Age 1 new server, an even playing field with everyone just starting. There's a reason we can't transfer lords amongst Age 1 servers. If a big s5 Alliance all decided to just drop in on the next new server, they would totally own it before anyone is out of BP. Likewise, I wouldn't want transfers to open next week and have an uber n1 alliance drop into na4.

My guess is they will create a server and lock it from "new accounts" for a week or so while "similar aged" servers are allowed to transfer to the new server.

For example, they could make new servers VT(veteran transfer) servers
    vt1 = s1-s6 may optionally transfer in
    vt2 = n1-n4 may optionally transfer in
    vt3 = 79-89 may optionally transfer in
    vt4 = 90-100 may optionally transfer in
    vt5 = ss1-ss5 may optionally transfer in
    vt6 = ss6-ss10 may optionally transfer in
    etc... etc...

As the populations leave the Age 1 servers, then those Age 1 servers will be easier to merge into denser, more active Age 1 servers.

edit: Once the veteran servers have been established for a month or so, then I think any Age 1 player should be able to transfer to any of THOSE SERVERS ONLY.

For example, if a player from s6 did not take the transfer when vt1 opened it's first week, then in a month she could still optionally move to Age 2.
    Allowing her to choose any "veteran server" would allow people who have made friends on the forums to transfer to each other's new server, as long as they are willing to wait. It would also allow people who aren't online at least once a week to still be able to transfer to Age 2 and not be stuck in Age 1 if they didn't want that. It will also allow people who change their mind about Age 2 to transfer later.

But that is just my idea. I have NO CLUE what Evony will actually do.
    note: There should still be no way to transfer from an Age 1 to another Age 1, or from an Age 2 to another Age 2.
    But, of the two options, I would vote for Plan A.
    Last edited by Rota; 04-06-2010 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

Building a religion... a limited edition...

I would personally prefer Plan B. Until all the bugs are worked out in Age II, I don't want my successful Age I accounts getting nerfed by the constant bugs in the system. Also, I'd like to be able to fall back on Age I if I feel that Age II won't work out.

Also, what is a 'Royal Guard Hero'?

I am very interested in seeing where this vote goes, but I am hoping that it swings towards Plan B.

MY VOTE: Plan B

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

defintiely b.