Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evony, Sell us some keys PLEASE!!!

Default Evony, Sell us some keys PLEASE!!!

I know that someone is only going to read the title and reply:

"You get a key when you purchase a package"

But that's not what I'm talking about. I already know that you get a key when you spend a certain amount, but guess what??? You also get a chest, so you use the key on the chest that you just got and any chests sent by friends or guild members will NEVER have a key to open them.

My suggestion is to offer a "5 key" or "10 key" package. I don't know what a fair price would be, but I think this would become a VERY popular purchase seeing that I have probably 10-15 chests sitting in My Items tab that I would be willing to part with some cash to open.

I know when you go to open the chest, it says something along the lines of "Click 'get key' to open this gift." or something.. where is this magical button? I'm sure we will soon see. Good thought.

Default Keys on the wheel

There is a lot of stuff that some people consider junk already on the wheel. Others consider those same items precious. How about adding keys on there too? Those who have unopened chests/packages will love them, and those who don't will have one more junk item in their ITEMS chest. These keys should open ANY chest/package... maybe they should be called "lock pick" or "skeleton key".
    I can see how it will be just as frustrating to have 3 keys & no chests, as 13 chests & no key. I personally have at least 20 chests/packages on each server that I play... no keys & not worried about it. They would be nice to open, but...

What a tough choice... Hope for that 10pcs War Horn, or hope for that Chest Key?

Quote Originally Posted by Belthor View Post
    There is a lot of stuff that some people consider junk already on the wheel. Others consider those same items precious. How about adding keys on there too? Those who have unopened chests/packages will love them, and those who don't will have one more junk item in their ITEMS chest. These keys should open ANY chest/package... maybe they should be called "lock pick" or "skeleton key".
    I can see how it will be just as frustrating to have 3 keys & no chests, as 13 chests & no key. I personally have at least 20 chests/packages on each server that I play... no keys & not worried about it. They would be nice to open, but...

What a tough choice... Hope for that 10pcs War Horn, or hope for that Chest Key?
    Great idea +1rep
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    I'm going to party like it's 1999.
    Server 188 - Fear

I agree Belthor. I think adding keys to the wheel would help those who can't(or won't) spend money on evony.

So key packages for those that are willing to purchase them, and keys added to the wheel for the possibility to win them without having to purchase them.

Default chest keys

I also agree with Belthor and flandor,I have 46 chests...and I do spend money on the game occasionally.Being able to find and win the a chest key every now and then would be great.

This is something I was wanting to post but found it here, hiding on page 45, totally ignored by the Evony bottom-liners. It is another idea that's gathering dust instead of being moved to the "Good Idea" thread.

Now... how could snapping up the two ideas outlined within these posts make Evony more money?

Simple: there are thousands of people playing that have unopened Happiness Chests out there that would (1) be given hope if there was the possibility of a key on the Wheel of Fortune (hope makes people happy; happy people spend more freely) and (2) those same hopeful, happy people would be more willing to let go of 10 bucks to get a Box holding 20 keys so they can open those chests that are staring at them every time they click the Chest tab.

But, let's sweeten the offer. After all, we're using play-dough, right? And the idea is to get those individuals that normally wouldn't spend to break their piggy bank.

So ... how about a box with 20 keys and, as a Bonus, 5 Vesta's Blessings. Now that's a deal that would even make Scrooge take out his wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupiditas View Post
    Wow, every one of you are greedy as hell. 10$ for 20 keys? You would never need to spin the god damn wheel again if you had all those items! Think about it, that package would need to cost atleast 2000 cents for evony to even think about it. Keep in mind each chest carrys 30$ of goods, then sell 20 of them for 10$??? Im sorry but are you handicapped? HOW would evony make any money off of that at all?

I don't see the logic in what you're saying. Then add 5 vesta's blessings onto that deal? Id spend 100$ on that, id have 200 chest keys and 50 vesta's blessings! Id be set for the entire game! 100$ for 600$ of items plus 5 vesta's blessings, you know evonys gonna make a load of money off this idea!

All the power to you man, you know how to make all the players on evony spend 10$ and theyd be set for months. ...

[Image removed.]

I honestly dont care if I get banned or suspended anymore, ... let's stop the insults here.
    Settle down, evony should just give the keys away free! and that photo... im unsure if its Photoshop facial features or not 0.o boggles the mind.

No seriously... Not so fond of this idea, especially not at such a low price. Remember, even though your offering(?) to pay there still has got to be a defined balance between a pay player and a non-pay player.

Not only will huge in-balances like the suggested one upset the non-pay players, iw will bore the pay players after the initial "cool something for nothing" buzz(?) wears off.

Now i can read your mind and see your going to say, no we would love it.

But think about this, if all the non pay players get annoyed at being our punching bags with no hope of superseding(?) us paying customers, servers would suddenly become very "inactive"

Then we would moan theres nothing to do, and eventually we would probably get bored and leave.

Thats my view on why your suggestion would fail epically.
    Last edited by Quantum Leap; 07-08-2010 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyBunny View Post
    I personally support the idea of a No-Spend server. Actually, we have one in place, but it is reciprocal. The players don't spend on it, and we don't either. In fact, we've never purchased hardware for the server, .

I dont like the idea of putting keys onto the wheel, fair enough we all like free stuff but keys on the wheel = bad when ammys are so easy to come by. This would just make all the money players not pay money... where is the business strategy in that.

Buying key packages.. i love this idea and i would totally buy keys, my gifts is untidy and i want to burn these packages on a bonfire, i would happily spend money on buying the keys.

"Now Ninno wants key packages, Ninno has sadface "
    [Ninno20 aka Olympia aka Rhys]
    and i will remember your name and face
    on the day you are judged by the funhouse cast
    and i will rejoice in your fall from grace
    with a cane through the sky like "none shall pass"

Quote Originally Posted by ninno20 View Post
    I dont like the idea of putting keys onto the wheel, fair enough we all like free stuff but keys on the wheel = bad when ammys are so easy to come by.
    lol. They have 1000c on the wheel, and we're discussing whether or not an "$18" package could be set there as well? Seriously, you think that a key on the wheel is too much to ask?

Evony sets the value of these things - it's hard to argue that the package is worth what the price is set at since most of us are letting them pile up. I honestly think that Evony would make a few more bucks by selling keys at some honest price... couldn't tell you what that price is off the of my head, but since $30 isn't getting it done, it's got to be less than that.
    Tiger Brand Coffee is a real treat. Even tigers prefer a cup of it to real meat.