Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The prestige rule.

The first thing that everyone needs to understand that this is a war game and losing a cities is a part of this game. The strong are always going to prey on the weak.

Using prestige as any form of rank is a bad idea. There are too many variables. I think you are missing what really separates players. It is not prestige rather it is hero level. The only real difference between a 1mil pres player and a 10 mil pres player is their heroes. Most players can fend off initial attacks but they usually end up losing because they can not rebuild quick enough. If you want to add restriction you should consider the frequency a player can be attacked. But that is taking the fighting out of a war game.

I also agree that the honor system needs to be redone as well. Remove the reheal penalties and use it as a way to judge who the best fighters are.

It is true that some will always pray on the weak. However, most of the threads discussing the changes are giving Evony suggestions to remove the benefits from praying on the weak.

1. If Prestige and Honor were accurate (a number that grows only) then farming becomes disadvantageous with these changes. For the main farmers that will become the game, farming since they would have to wait for enemies to increase to their levels for further gains, and the more they farm the less they grow. Also a person that amasses a huge army would be obvious since their prestige will grow. Also someone that is a good defender/attacker will show as their honor grows.

2. By imposing limits in the areas you can gain prestige and honor will remove the dumping aspect. If a person can only dump prestige or honor at a decreasing rate dependent on the difference between attacker and defender ratios (NPCs having 0 prestige/honor, Non-attack related being 0 prestige/honor loss(i.e. Alliance quitting).), then this practice would be less used.

Overall, more beginner players would have a chance to possibly grow. And intermediate and expert players would focus more on each other to grow in the stats.
    Also for those that continually attack players well below their prestige/honor level, it will become clear to Evony who these player's are (if they track/respond to reporting) and they should be able to perfect limitations on their type of behavior (since it is bad for business).

Most other games of this sort have a point system that dictates who you can attack based on the rate of growth as a player. A simple calculation like attacker can beat defender 3x (total troop amounts all cities) could be a good limiting calculation until you reach Prinzessin. At Prinzessin (no limits), open war. So a civilian that amasses a huge army could still be attacked, until pummeled below the 3x mark. This would also promote Alliances to recruit at all levels so they could finish off an alliance.

My main point is that although the cycle of attacking/defending, rebuilding armies/cities may be fun, you still need ways for new player's to join and keep the fun going.
    Otherwise you get stagnation like most of the Age I servers. Age II will have this problem also if it sticks to the colonization only formula.

This one is a dead end as long as you're more or less alowed to have several accounts. I see it daily, and what they do is to open several accounts, join a alliance, let the accounts reinforce each other and 'presto' you have a sh*load of soldiers and farming etc. So quick compared to those of us playing it straight.. And that you can use to reinforce one town/account low on prestige and then attack a 'higher' level too if you like. And the worst thing is that those morons see themselves as being 'clever'. It becomes a f*in arms race I say and allows for all kind of tricks..

How hard is it Evony to make a script, checking IP numbers.
    Do you only know flash?

Pay me and I will write it for you..
    And the same goes for cleaning out inactives..
    Script it and do it..

And kick those IP's out for a month.

As for honor. I think it's a good idea to lock it to 'fairness'.
    Bullies should lose honor. Simple as that.

And if too many foul plays by them?
    As their honor goes under a certain level, why not let them lose 50 % of all they got?
    And yeah, allowing honor to slow down the amount healed is a bad idea..
    Last edited by yoron; 06-01-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Why did you necro this?

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMike View Post
    It is true that some will always pray on the weak. However, most of the threads discussing the changes are giving Evony suggestions to remove the benefits from praying on the weak.

1. If Prestige and Honor were accurate (a number that grows only) then farming becomes disadvantageous with these changes. For the main farmers that will become the game, farming since they would have to wait for enemies to increase to their levels for further gains, and the more they farm the less they grow. Also a person that amasses a huge army would be obvious since their prestige will grow. Also someone that is a good defender/attacker will show as their honor grows.

2. By imposing limits in the areas you can gain prestige and honor will remove the dumping aspect. If a person can only dump prestige or honor at a decreasing rate dependent on the difference between attacker and defender ratios (NPCs having 0 prestige/honor, Non-attack related being 0 prestige/honor loss(i.e. Alliance quitting).), then this practice would be less used.

Overall, more beginner players would have a chance to possibly grow. And intermediate and expert players would focus more on each other to grow in the stats.
    Also for those that continually attack players well below their prestige/honor level, it will become clear to Evony who these player's are (if they track/respond to reporting) and they should be able to perfect limitations on their type of behavior (since it is bad for business).

Most other games of this sort have a point system that dictates who you can attack based on the rate of growth as a player. A simple calculation like attacker can beat defender 3x (total troop amounts all cities) could be a good limiting calculation until you reach Prinzessin. At Prinzessin (no limits), open war. So a civilian that amasses a huge army could still be attacked, until pummeled below the 3x mark. This would also promote Alliances to recruit at all levels so they could finish off an alliance.

My main point is that although the cycle of attacking/defending, rebuilding armies/cities may be fun, you still need ways for new player's to join and keep the fun going.
    Otherwise you get stagnation like most of the Age I servers. Age II will have this problem also if it sticks to the colonization only formula.
    Since the thread has been revived, I might as well add my comments.

People talk about it being "bad for business" but most of the people who pay are the "big dogs" who aren't interested in farming the medals required to advance. New players do not often buy stuff.

As far as the comments about "most other games" it really depends on what games you take into account. EVE Online does not coddle new players and keep them from being destroyed by veteran players. World of Warcraft, the most successful MMO of all time, does not have a "point system" to prohibit ganking of new players (Sure, for the first few levels, but by the time you are 20, you are on your own, and there is no way to defend yourself as a lower player if being ganked. People still play, though.) Many games do not have those kind of limits. And those games do very well.

OK......this post sucks,i hit people with 1.6mill prestige and win and i have less than 700k ,personally i think i should come to your server and kick your ass.

worst idea ever its a war game

Signature made by Firewind