Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Compact Defense City - Broken :)

Q1. What is the range on trebs and logs?
    Q2. Can you please explain why your cavs completely ignored his pike and swrd and went NummNummNumm on the warrs?
    Q3. Prolly related to q2, but whenyou talk about warr/swrd/arch ratios and getting it right, how does it help you, other then deflecting SBs off of your archers?
    Thank you in advance for enlightenment

Default ..

Its not Compact Defense AT ALL. Swordsmen were hibernating? Where are the other layers needed? In short.... its something worse than what we call a normal Defense.

Cavs would fight layers in round one regardless of the number of pults/balls present. Yes, this means he could have sent 100k cavs and not layered them at all when clearing layers.
    Additional pults/balls would have been helpful, but that was not a determining factor. They just mean the warrior bombs had to be properly layered, and more phracts would have died during the phract smack. The ease of the victory was due to the fact that the attacker had a nice lvl 540 hero able to kill 220k swords in one round with 100k cavs.
    Reguar ~200 att heroes would probably kill about 80-120k sword. This becomes a problem in taking down larger scale compact defence cities. As always, large numbers of cavs are the bane of any compact defence.

Melri: This is a nice takedown. I assume you knew the attacker was offline seeing as you used such a nice hero. Is it safe to assume you feastin hall spammed him seconds before the attack?
    When I took down a defence similar to this using similar techniques, I had the luxury of knowing the player had been banned. That made things a lot easier.

Outside of the ratios being a bit off, I think the pult threw the D off...started range just a tad to early.

Quote Originally Posted by RTA View Post
    Outside of the ratios being a bit off, I think the pult threw the D off...started range just a tad to early.
    Pults start the battle at 1700 as opposed to 1600 for balls. This did nothing but help the defence.

Melri: After running the numbers, it seems you could have easily taken down this defence using 400-500k archers (before heal) if you used that hero to power through.
    Last edited by DeadlySinners; 04-20-2010 at 05:55 PM.

once upon a time there was a little girl named debbie who wanted to jump over the rainbow but she...

Quote Originally Posted by XiahouDun View Post
    That guy had no abatis or trap. Doesn't even have much ballista or catapult which is required for a compact defense.

Thats not a compact defense, can be broken easily. But nice hit though.
    Err.. compact defense doesnt have traps or abatis..

What thread you been reading?

Also ballista or catapults dont matter. They'll all be steamrolled by the phract smack.

climbin in your windows, snatchin your people up

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySinners View Post
    Pults start the battle at 1700 as opposed to 1600 for balls. This did nothing but help the defence.

Melri: After running the numbers, it seems you could have easily taken down this defence using 400-500k archers (before heal) if you used that hero to power through.
    archers target AT's in a non-5k defense... so unless you're using a massive hero, 500+ attack, then you're not even going to break through the towers with 500k archers, and then you're looking at taking out 20-50k archers per archer wave, depending on attacking hero of course. He took the defense on the most cost effective way possible.

once upon a time there was a little girl named debbie who wanted to jump over the rainbow but she...

Quote Originally Posted by chikn View Post
    round bout how many troops did u lose after healing?
    (I made sure i was at 0 honor before starting on him)

I lost 150k cavs, 27K+ phracts, 45k warrs and a few K footmen.

That's all
    Last edited by Melri; 04-20-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Melri: This is a nice takedown. I assume you knew the attacker was offline seeing as you used such a nice hero. Is it safe to assume you feastin hall spammed him seconds before the attack?
    Thanks! Yup. minutes before the attack actually spammed him with enough 1 scout attacks until the heroes kept coming back at 0 loyalty. hehe. I lost 7 heroes to him until the heroes started bouncing back.

It would've costed more than that. A 100k archer wave would've taken out around 6-9K ATs, then 33% machinery regen. So about 300-400K archers for the ATs alone.

Then for each 100k archer wave i throw, i would've killed 95-100k archers in defense. That's another 300k archers.

Lastly, i need about 200-400k archers to kill all the meat in defense.

Total bill would be close to 800-1.1M archers.. a tad high..

climbin in your windows, snatchin your people up

Quote Originally Posted by Tmack View Post
    Q1. What is the range on trebs and logs?
    Q2. Can you please explain why your cavs completely ignored his pike and swrd and went NummNummNumm on the warrs?
    Q3. Prolly related to q2, but whenyou talk about warr/swrd/arch ratios and getting it right, how does it help you, other then deflecting SBs off of your archers?
    Thank you in advance for enlightenment
    I haven't read anything on this, but I've noticed it happen with my attacks and with my compact defense...
    if cav and phracts are gone and an attack sends cav at at a non-5k defense then the cav reach the walls in one round, putting them in range of all units, and EVERY time I have seen them attack the layering unit with the most cumulative attack, which was the warriors first in this case and then on to the swords which were the next highest layering unit in cumulative attack, I don't know the mechanics behind this but there is a trend to it.