Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why is this guys loyalty not going down

Once the loyalty reaches a certain point you need to wait for the public grievance to lower it the rest of the way.

Text

yea thats right . you just need to wait until the public greavance reach to 100 just wait for a few mins. then attack again w/ scouts

Seiki
    Server :One
    Alliance :WMD

"The art of war is of vital importance to the state. Its a matter of life and death,to safety or to ruin. Hence,no circumstances can it be neglected."

public grief only goes up when you are atacked, it will not reach 100 by itself, nor do you need it to. I have taken alot of enemy bases. and then given them away to other ppl. I see the mechanics from both sides of the fence.

a city can be captured when the loyalty goes to 0. atacks will lower it to 12. the public grief kicks in, you will still need it decently high (40+ works). remaining loyalty will drop 1 pt per 5-6 mins. after it hits 5, gates open and standing army will now fight. wipe them out, and atack it again once it is 0 loyalty to claim the city. then mail them a letter. wait. once they mail you back you know they are online. abandon it in front of them. wash, rinse, repeat.

i have the same problem
    took over already 2 other cities so i think i know how id works.
    but today i attack this city over and over and since 3 hours the loyalty stays at 1. do you need battering rams nowadays ?
    the gates opened already and i destroyed his army.
    so am i just unpatient or did they change something in the last patch.
    lost also a few 1000 scouts and 3 heroes until i found out that they changed the mechanics

I keep seeing takeovers in the system messages, so I'm guessing not everyone is dealing with this issue.

Anyone else seen this?

I have tried both overwhelming force and the light touch and can't seem to get this inactive's loyalty to drop to 0. It was doing just fine until the gates opened. Next hit managed the forces inside, but since, nada on the grievance thing...

From my experience, under repeated hits, the loyalty drops from grievance about 1 point every 6 minutes. However, without attacking frequently, it drops at a much slower rate. While you don't need to hammer them repeatedly to drop loyalty fast once it goes to 12 or below, you still should continue to hit them as often as possible. If you're not hitting them as often and/or at all, it could explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunSooP View Post
    public grief only goes up when you are atacked, it will not reach 100 by itself, nor do you need it to. I have taken alot of enemy bases. and then given them away to other ppl. I see the mechanics from both sides of the fence.

a city can be captured when the loyalty goes to 0. atacks will lower it to 12. the public grief kicks in, you will still need it decently high (40+ works). remaining loyalty will drop 1 pt per 5-6 mins. after it hits 5, gates open and standing army will now fight. wipe them out, and atack it again once it is 0 loyalty to claim the city. then mail them a letter. wait. once they mail you back you know they are online. abandon it in front of them. wash, rinse, repeat.

harsh just the way i like it
    poor guy his city is gonna be mine in like 1 hr woot

loyalty = 100 - (tax rate + grievance)

If loyalty is above what the equation shows loyalty will be dropping 1 per 6 minutes. Once grievance is at max or rate + grievance = 100 you do not need to do anything else but wait the required time.

When the citizens riot, they add to grievance but this shouldn't matter as you want to max it thru repeated attacks. Because you can do this much faster than rioting.

how many attacks does it take then?
    I have attacked the same NPC lvl 1 about 30 times now and the loyalty is still 72.