Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: They took me back - but why?

seems like it would be more fair if they disabled your ability to make purchases and took away daily amulets until resolved. If it's found you in fact didn't get your package, enable purchases again and award amulets for each day of investigation. If it's found you did receive the package, then ban 15 days.. I think we can all agree that is fair. Someone should suggest this...

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyBunny View Post
    Don't get her pregnant man. She'll erase your account!

Quote Originally Posted by KingKahuna View Post
    I actually agree with you, except for the highlighted portion above. This is a "For Profit" Company. Therefor it isn't really "their house". Once they began to charge money for "products & services" they have standards with which to provide to their "customers". If there are none, or they are slow to non-existent; there is a problem. If they expect to stay a "For Profit" company, they best change their ways, and quickly!
    Yes, they are a for-profit business. But so is your corner pizza joint. And Evony, just like the pizza joint, still has the right to throw you out if they don't like the way you act or talk to them, if you're not wearing proper attire, etc. - even if the reason you are behaving or speaking poorly to them is because you thought their food sucked.

They own the joint, so we are here by their permission, and their permission can be revoked at any time. It's that simple.

And while your economic view may work in theory, the truth is, with 18 million players, even if you took your whole alliance and everyone you ever met on 10 servers with you when you leave, it's not even a drop in the bucket on their end. They won't miss you (or any of us) as much as you think.

It's like saying you're going to boycott Exxon-Mobile because you don't like their gas prices. You could convince your entire city to stop buying gas from them, and they would just laugh, because they have so many other sources of revenue that what they lose on you isn't even noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by IamDRAMA View Post
    seems like it would be more fair if they disabled your ability to make purchases and took away daily amulets until resolved. If it's found you in fact didn't get your package, enable purchases again and award amulets for each day of investigation. If it's found you did receive the package, then ban 15 days.. I think we can all agree that is fair. Someone should suggest this...
    LOL - basically what I said a few posts back, and I agree (obviously).

The question is - will Evony agree?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMoe View Post
    Yes, they are a for-profit business. But so is your corner pizza joint. And Evony, just like the pizza joint, still has the right to throw you out if they don't like the way you act or talk to them, if you're not wearing proper attire, etc. - even if the reason you are behaving or speaking poorly to them is because you thought their food sucked.

They own the joint, so we are here by their permission, and their permission can be revoked at any time. It's that simple.

And while your economic view may work in theory, the truth is, with 18 million players, even if you took your whole alliance and everyone you ever met on 10 servers with you when you leave, it's not even a drop in the bucket on their end. They won't miss you (or any of us) as much as you think.

It's like saying you're going to boycott Exxon-Mobile because you don't like their gas prices. You could convince your entire city to stop buying gas from them, and they would just laugh, because they have so many other sources of revenue that what they lose on you isn't even noticeable.
    agreed,but now picture this,said pizza joint advertises pepperoni and when your are served its ham,now you complain and are thrown out,how is that right? What Evony claims and offers,and what we recieve is 2 different things thats what we are angry about,and in his case,goods are to be recieved in a timely manner,if I had to wait 4 days for my pizza,you can bet I would complain.

take my money but dont deliever the goods? then ban me for saying hey,I want my money or goods,sounds like the ban was to prevent him from telling anyone until they could fix their mistake,then expect him to be pleased hes allowed back to play,sheeesh,I believe compensation is in order
    Last edited by Naelyan; 04-24-2010 at 05:18 PM.

"Power" is the relentless pursuit of Knowledge,so sayeth the Dragon!
    Follow the ancient Knowledge and Wisdom of the Dragon,and you can learn to possess true Magick

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    agreed,but now picture this,said pizza joint advertises pepperoni and when your are served its ham,now you complain and are thrown out,how is that right? What Evony claims and offers,and what we recieve is 2 different things thats what we are angry about,and in his case,goods are to be recieved in a timely manner,if I had to wait 4 days for my pizza,you can bet I would complain.

take my money but dont deliever the goods? then ban me for saying hey,I want my money or goods,sounds like the ban was to prevent him from telling anyone until they could fix their mistake,then expect him to be pleased hes allowed back to play,sheeesh,I believe compensation is in order
    This IS exactly the point!

Don't know about you; but I didn't get my pizza. So far, I got nothing. And it's suppose to be ok for me to wait several weeks to get my pizza too.

The ban is because they don't want the player using anything they did get, or being able to make any more purchases, until they have resolved the issue.

Part of the problem here is impatience. Disputing a charge is a serious thing, because you are accusing the company of either taking your money in error, or taking it and not delivering on the service you paid for. It should be reserved for those cases when you have given them every opportunity to correct the problem on their own first and they still haven't done it. It's not a "first resort" action.

My last support issue involved non-delivery of a package as well. It took 8 days from when I made the purchase to when I finally got the goods. But the point is, eventually I DID get them. Had I disputed the charge after 2-3 days, I'd not only still be without my package, but locked out of the game as well. That hurts me more than it hurts Evony.

No one got locked out for complaining to EVONY about not getting something they paid for. They only get locked out for escalating things by taking it to Paypal.

Think about this... if Paypal is constantly being inundated with charge back requests from Evony members, how long will it be before Evony loses the ability to use Paypal for transactions? That would cost them millions, as it means we'd have to give them our credit card info directly, or use other means to pay for our packs - and many of us would not want to do that.

That not only affects their income, it also affects us - the players - because less money for them means less servers, slower servers, even longer waits for bug fixes and customer service as they have to cut back on staffing, etc. That kind of thing could be the end of a game like this.

To go back to the pizza analogy - yes, if you asked for pepperoni and got ham, you have a legitimate complaint. If you go to the clerk or the chef and say "Hey, this isn't pepperoni", then it's up to them to correct it, or give you your money back. If they refuse, THEN you may want to write a bad review of their food for the news (ie: dispute the charge w/Paypal), or sue them, etc.

But if you write that bad review (or dispute the charge) BEFORE you gave them the chance to give you the pepperoni and/or a refund, you are giving them a bad reputuation that could seriously hurt their business unfairly - in which case they have every right to throw you out. Furthermore, if you were that unhappy with their service, being barred from returning shouldn't matter because it makes no sense that you'd want to keep coming back to a place that you found so unsatisfying.

So, they do their best to address our issues internally, and they discourage people from taking it to Paypal because that could damage not only their bottom line, but everyone's ability to enjoy the game as well.

I'm not saying they are right in taking so long to fix our issues. However, while I don't necessarily agree with the ban once you dispute a charge, they are right in trying to discourage people from taking that step unless it's absolutely necessary. Besides - if you think their service is so poor that you're willing to take it that far, then it shouldn't matter if they suspend you until it's resolved, because why would you want to keep playing a game that, in your opinion, is managed so poorly?

If the opening poster had been a bit more patient before escalating the issue by disputing the charge with Paypal, they never would have had their account suspended, and none of us would be having this conversation. That is the point.

No one got locked out for complaining to EVONY about not getting something they paid for. They only get locked out for escalating things by taking it to Paypal.

If the opening poster had been a bit more patient before escalating the issue by disputing the charge with Paypal, they never would have had their account suspended, and none of us would be having this conversation. That is the point.
    Well said.
    The OP preferred to complain through paypal, rather than wade through Evony customer service. Standard operating procedure demanded that Evony suspend the account until the issue was resolved. If you don't want an auto-suspension, then be patient with Evony. No matter how frustrating it may be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

9. Default

Think about this... if Paypal is constantly being inundated with charge back requests from Evony members, how long will it be before Evony loses the ability to use Paypal for transactions? That would cost them millions, as it means we'd have to give them our credit card info directly, or use other means to pay for our packs - and many of us would not want to do that.
    Duh? I have been saying this for days now. They can afford to hire the appropriate staff for customer service. That is of course if they are interested in providing any.

That not only affects their income, it also affects us - the players - because less money for them means less servers, slower servers, even longer waits for bug fixes and customer service as they have to cut back on staffing, etc. That kind of thing could be the end of a game like this.
    What customer service?

To go back to the pizza analogy - yes, if you asked for pepperoni and got ham, you have a legitimate complaint. If you go to the clerk or the chef and say "Hey, this isn't pepperoni", then it's up to them to correct it, or give you your money back. If they refuse, THEN you may want to write a bad review of their food for the news (ie: dispute the charge w/Paypal), or sue them, etc.
    Heading in that direction very quickly!!!

But if you write that bad review (or dispute the charge) BEFORE you gave them the chance to give you the pepperoni and/or a refund, you are giving them a bad reputuation that could seriously hurt their business unfairly - in which case they have every right to throw you out. Furthermore, if you were that unhappy with their service, being barred from returning shouldn't matter because it makes no sense that you'd want to keep coming back to a place that you found so unsatisfying.
    This I completely agree with. Problem with highlighted portion, is they have done this to their reputation all on their own.

So, they do their best to address our issues internally, and they discourage people from taking it to Paypal because that could damage not only their bottom line, but everyone's ability to enjoy the game as well.
    Not so sure about this.

I'm not saying they are right in taking so long to fix our issues. However, while I don't necessarily agree with the ban once you dispute a charge, they are right in trying to discourage people from taking that step unless it's absolutely necessary. Besides - if you think their service is so poor that you're willing to take it that far, then it shouldn't matter if they suspend you until it's resolved, because why would you want to keep playing a game that, in your opinion, is managed so poorly?
    Sounds like you are saying it's ok for them to take forever to fix any customer services issues last few days to me. Maybe it's just me, but you stated it was reasonable to expect an entertainment computer company to take as many as 5 days to reply to any customer issue they may have. So, which is it?

Are you EVONY spokesperson? Or is this something you decided to take on, on your own?

Do I have to work for Evony to disagree with you?

Again, the opening post in this thread was a complaint about being suspended due to disputing a payment through Paypal. My point here is that, in the long run, much as I may disagree with Evony's methods on this (since I think the suspension should be reserved for Paypal disputes that are proven to be false or frivolous), I can also see why they would take that action to discourage people from inundating Paypal with complaints that could cost all of us the ability to enjoy this game - as well as hurt their revenue.

There is a method in place to report problems and seek help from Evony staff. Yes, it takes time - and especially right now due to the release of Age II and all the bugs and other problems multiplying the number of complaints they have to deal with tenfold. If we all applied a little common sense and thought, not to mention some patience, it might go a lot faster.

My last customer service issue took 8 days to get resolved. Too long? Sure - but it DID get resolved - and isn't that what we all want in the long run? It never even occurred to me to dispute the charge with Paypal, first and foremost because I didn't want my money back - I just wanted my package. And in the end, despite not getting any written answers to my ticket, I did get what I was asking for - the delivery of my Beginner's pack.

That tells me the system works. It may be slower than we'd all like, but it DOES work.