Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 207

Thread: The Great Facebook Thread

  1. #11

    Default

    Suggestion;

    If we get higher level free gifts make it so that only the really really low level players can recieve them, and call it a helping package... that way you can't keep recieving them once you hit a certain title... It would get players titles up

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Derby, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    7,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrenb209 View Post
    Suggestion;

    If we get higher level free gifts make it so that only the really really low level players can recieve them, and call it a helping package... that way you can't keep recieving them once you hit a certain title... It would get players titles up
    This can be exploited by players not getting promotions until they have enough of these gifts to make it to Prinzessin in one go.
    There should be another way to moderate it, or even make it a one time gift.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    If you don't care enough to make yourself understandable, don't be surprised if others don't care enough to try to figure out what you're trying to tell them.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neko_lord View Post
    Suggestion:

    Bear in mind that the claim was that Facebook was claimed to be only a "minor addition". Gifting of things of higher value that non-Facebook players either have to spend money to get or have low chances of getting (attacking something repeatedly due to low drop rates or a low chance item on the wheel) greatly tips the scales there to where it's no longer a "minor addition" and gives the ability for large-scale abuse / exploitation at the expense of non-Facebook players.

    ...and before one states "just stay on Age I", the On-Topic Moderated area has something that makes me a bit nervous about this whole "Age I will remain" stuff. There is a comment today about maintaining two separate games being "not easier" and talk about people in alliances wanting to stay together, but have different playing styles. The history on the attack button is that players in beta were told that it was temporarily turned off during beta, but it went live with it still turned off and a whole ad campaign about "no bullies" had been created. This gives the possibility that the "Age I will remain" may be reversed / overturned down the road, and those of us on Age I that are non-Facebook players would have no choice but to either deal with being at a disadvantage or quit.
    Or....*gasp*...get Facebook.

    TheElfKing
    Ex-Host of XFactor
    NA6
    Ex-VH SionA Beta Presbyter Valor Server 1, Retired

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfarin View Post
    Or....*gasp*...get Facebook.
    We've been down this path before. People should not be mandated to make a decision between putting their real name out there for a Facebook account just to be competitive or foregoing the advantages. Minor things like the resources and some limited amount of troops doesn't bother me, but high-value items gets back into exploitation territory and the ability to gain too much of an advantage / make Facebook more than just a "minor addition".

    No, it does not matter if other people make Facebook accounts with false information...and so no, I should not do the same if I'm worried about it.

    Why?

    Facebook says that is against their terms of use.

    So, do you want to advocate people break rules when they object to you having advantages that they don't, because if you tell me that I should do that if I don't want a Facebook account with my name attached to it that has a whole pile of Evony spam all over my wall, that's exactly what you're doing. You do not have any business telling me, or anyone else for that matter, to intentionally break rules, no matter if you think they're silly or other people are violating them. Period. If you think you do have the right to tell people that it's ok to break rules ("the law"), then that speaks volumes...

    Oh, and no, it also does not matter, not from a moral standpoint, if Facebook doesn't appear to enforce that rule. That was the claim of the people who started using bots here "to compete" against botters that it appeared that nothing was being done about. If high-value items get to be gifted, then it can be called "Facebot" again...
    Last edited by neko_lord; 04-28-2010 at 06:28 PM.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neko_lord View Post
    We've been down this path before. People should not be mandated to make a decision between putting their real name out there for a Facebook account just to be competitive or foregoing the advantages. Minor things like the resources and some limited amount of troops doesn't bother me, but high-value items gets back into exploitation territory and the ability to gain too much of an advantage / make Facebook more than just a "minor addition".

    No, it does not matter if other people make Facebook accounts with false information...and so no, I should not do the same if I'm worried about it.

    Why?

    Facebook says that is against their terms of use.

    So, do you want to advocate people break rules when they object to you having advantages that they don't, because if you tell me that I should do that if I don't want a Facebook account with my name attached to it that has a whole pile of Evony spam all over my wall, that's exactly what you're doing. You do not have any business telling me, or anyone else for that matter, to intentionally break rules, no matter if you think they're silly or other people are violating them. Period. If you think you do have the right to tell people that it's ok to break rules ("the law"), then that speaks volumes...

    Oh, and no, it also does not matter, not from a moral standpoint, if Facebook doesn't appear to enforce that rule. That was the claim of the people who started using bots here "to compete" against botters that it appeared that nothing was being done about. If high-value items get to be gifted, then it can be called "Facebot" again...
    Did you see me suggest you make a "Fake" Facebook? No you didn't. Am I suggesting you make a real account that you use only for the game? That's up to you. I have. Others have not, opting to use their actual FB for the game.

    It sounds to me like you have trust issues with the people you play with. If that's the case, I suggest you join an alliance of people you can trust. Every Facebook/MySpace game has an "add me" thread for people who want to up their friend count for the game. I assure you that none of these people know each other.

    No one is saying you have to join Facebook, but to limit Facebook because people like you have issues with it, is beyond absurd. You choose to view this as FB giving people an "unfair advantage". That's your right. However, the reality is that you are choosing to limit yourself. Your self-imposed limitations should not impinge on everyone else's ability to enjoy the game.

    TheElfKing
    Ex-Host of XFactor
    NA6
    Ex-VH SionA Beta Presbyter Valor Server 1, Retired

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfarin View Post
    It sounds to me like you have trust issues with the people you play with.
    Nope, I have privacy concerns in regards to Facebook. So do many people, as evidenced by this article on CNN:

    http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/...ook/index.html

    You have no right, none whatsoever, to tell me that I *HAVE* to either intentionally violate Facebook's rules in regards to account information because you and others like you do to get a competitive edge, or I have to make a real account that follows the rules and risks my privacy as well as potential employment opportunities, or I just need to hush up and go away.
    Last edited by neko_lord; 04-28-2010 at 09:37 PM.

  7. #17

    Default

    it is not a fake account he has, quote where in the terms of use of FB it say's one account then I'll believe you, but quote it in a pm as you two have badly derailed this thread

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrenb209 View Post
    it is not a fake account he has, quote where in the terms of use of FB it say's one account then I'll believe you, but quote it in a pm as you two have badly derailed this thread
    Actually, it is pertinent to the thread, and yes, he is actually in violation of their terms if he made a second account, even with a real name:

    http://www.facebook.com/terms.php?ref=pf

    Section 4 ( Registration and Account Security)

    2. You will not create more than one personal profile.

    Anyway, my suggestion still stands: Gifting of high-level items, things that non-Facebook players would have to spend money to get, should not happen. The precedent was already set for this when the ability to gift massive armies that people didn't even have the research done on the tech tree to support it was nerfed and the claim was made that Facebook was to be a "minor addition" to the gameplay. I don't have an issue with small amounts of lower-level resources or limited amounts of troops, but when people can start gifting Lost Armor Scripts, gems, thoroughbreds, etc...then clearly there is a balance issue between those that have Facebook and those who do not...and the solution to that is not just telling anyone who does not use Facebook for perfectly good reasons (regardless of if you agree with the reasons, they are viable reasons) that they either need to go against their security concerns, break rules, or shut up.
    Last edited by neko_lord; 04-28-2010 at 10:18 PM.

  9. #19

    Default

    Post your SUGGESTIONS (not complaints) for the Facebook feature of Evony Age II here. was what was said at the start...

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrenb209 View Post
    Post your SUGGESTIONS (not complaints) for the Facebook feature of Evony Age II here. was what was said at the start...
    It is a *SUGGESTION* that what some of you all are talking about NOT be implemented. I don't have a COMPLAINT about the CURRENT state of things. If you all start getting ways to get high-value items gifted to you on a routine basis just for being part of a social networking site, then it would transition into a complaint. For now, my SUGGESTION is that high-level items (armor) be off the table and ask that people make REASONABLE requests rather than hoping to scoop up some w00t-worthy items...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •