Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Facebook Thread

neko_lord have you played age 2? you might realise that it is near impossible to find rose medals, that is why I want facebook to allow jr medal boxes occasionally, to level the field with the buying players to make it more enjoyable for us all
    high level items should NOT be given through facebook, I just want all people who don't pay to be able to enjoy evony as much, my suggestion is unlikely to be implemented as Evony would lose out on some money, but what it is is a suggestion

also neko_lord you have had a problem with FB since we were able to use it, you were blaming it for lag, and anything else possible
    No offence meant but it is true
    Last edited by Darrenb209; 04-28-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrenb209 View Post
    neko_lord have you played age 2? you might realise that it is near impossible to find rose medals, that is why I want facebook to allow jr medal boxes occasionally, to level the field with the buying players to make it more enjoyable for us all
    Uhh... I'm on na1...

...and if what you say is true, that the drop rate on roses are low, then what you're suggesting means that you'd get gifted something I'd have to either work hard for or spend money for, so then it becomes unbalancing.

So far most of the suggestions have been "what more can I get for myself" with total disregard for people who aren't using Facebook.

Additonally, the whole "level the field" mantra comes across the same way as it did for the whole "I want a game-supplied bot" from Age I.

The recurring theme here is "I don't want to have to do anything, I just want a bot / 'helping hand' to do it for me, because I don't have time."

My SUGGESTION is make sure all the current Facebook stuff works, then LEAVE IT ALONE.

...and Darren, I've said I'm willing to not oppose the current arrangement, which still gives you an advantage, but not as much. This is much more than you and folks like you who demanded a "level playing field" afforded me with Age I. As someone who would be top 10 on my server (I was #8 on Server 16 and #12 after the merge to N4 that happened on Christmas Eve) if I hadn't quit an alliance (10% drop from 5 million+ prestige) as well as having mostly stopped farming level 10 NPCs (less prestige gains), I have had to look at threads here claiming that anyone and everyone like me was either cheating or is a loser with no life. I've openly stated that I'm unemployed, and that doing things cost money (gas to get there, and no, a bike or walking isn't feasible). You all are getting advantages as it stands now, but yet you're unsatisfied. Try remembering what it was like when the positions were reversed...
    Last edited by neko_lord; 04-28-2010 at 10:46 PM.

I have played Na1 since it started and NOT got a single rose medal, that is not requiring that you work hard that is unfair, and neko_lord stop picking wholes in our suggestions and actually suggest something.

This thread is about changes not keeping it the same
    and now i'm going to leave you in the ruins of a thread your attempts at baiting us ruined

Quote Originally Posted by neko_lord View Post
    It is a *SUGGESTION* that what some of you all are talking about NOT be implemented. I don't have a COMPLAINT about the CURRENT state of things. If you all start getting ways to get high-value items gifted to you on a routine basis just for being part of a social networking site, then it would transition into a complaint. For now, my SUGGESTION is that high-level items (armor) be off the table and ask that people make REASONABLE requests rather than hoping to scoop up some w00t-worthy items...
    Umm, you think amulets and rams aren't "high level" items?

TheElfKing
    Ex-Host of XFactor
    NA6
    Ex-VH SionA Beta Presbyter Valor Server 1, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Darrenb209 View Post
    I have played Na1 since it started and NOT got a single rose medal, that is not requiring that you work hard that is unfair
    There are very few complaints about medal drop rates on Age II now. I have not been trying to go for medals, because my playing style is to get my city built up first, which does not require medals, then I start looking to get medals, which enables expansion. So I can't really speak to your claim. I'll say I believe you, but you might not be going about it the right way. That happens on Age I as well, which is why there are how-to-get-medals posts.

At any rate, discussion about medals and what not IS not about the thread, but I do ask again that you consider that you already have advantages and I, as someone who was subjected to claims that anyone and everyone like me had to be a cheater in regards to Age I, am affording you a "no contest" to the current advantages you have. I'm opposed to further unbalancing though...

Cease spamming this thread
    Look for Heights in the RPG and story section

Quote Originally Posted by Elfarin View Post
    Umm, you think amulets and rams aren't "high level" items?
    I don't know about you, but for a week now, my amulet spins have been duds, just like Age I spins are most of the time. For the first few days or a week after the Age II specific items were put on the wheel, I was getting the Age II specific items every spin. Now I'm back to food, Leather Helm of Robinhood, gold, merchant fleet, etc...

So, no, at this point I don't think amulets are "high level". Why?

My theory is that when they re-enabled the server-wide broadcast of "so-and-so won this from amulet!", they also nerfed the drop rate of those higher level items back to an Age I style wheel, so most of the amulets will be of little value.

As for rams, unless there have been major battle mechanics changes, rams are not very valuable either. Sure, they're good in small amounts in defense, but they are so slow in an attack that you can reinforce yourself or your alliance can reinforce you enough to withstand them because they'll be slow to arrive.

If you get rams in large quantities for nothing, and I think of Facebook gifting being next-to-nothing or nothing, then yeah, that's something that shouldn't be happening either, but like I said to Darren, I'm willing to let that pass...at least until someone smacks my city with a bunch of them

Quote Originally Posted by neko_lord View Post
    I don't know about you, but for a week now, my amulet spins have been duds, just like Age I spins are most of the time. For the first few days or a week after the Age II specific items were put on the wheel, I was getting the Age II specific items every spin. Now I'm back to food, Leather Helm of Robinhood, gold, merchant fleet, etc...

So, no, at this point I don't think amulets are "high level". Why?

My theory is that when they re-enabled the server-wide broadcast of "so-and-so won this from amulet!", they also nerfed the drop rate of those higher level items back to an Age I style wheel, so most of the amulets will be of little value.

As for rams, unless there have been major battle mechanics changes, rams are not very valuable either. Sure, they're good in small amounts in defense, but they are so slow in an attack that you can reinforce yourself or your alliance can reinforce you enough to withstand them because they'll be slow to arrive.

If you get rams in large quantities for nothing, and I think of Facebook gifting being next-to-nothing or nothing, then yeah, that's something that shouldn't be happening either, but like I said to Darren, I'm willing to let that pass...at least until someone smacks my city with a bunch of them
    I can't remember everything I've gotten, but the notables are 200 speakers, 10 Thunder Raids (600 cents), 5 OnWars, and a HHM. There were lots of other goodies, but I'm not remembering them now.

Frankly, they asked for other ideas on what to do with Facebook. So far all I see you doing is arguing about what NOT to do with Facebook. If your only idea is to do nothing, then I'm sure they've noted your idea by now.

Since as you've stated, you have no intentions of using FB, I really don't see your input as being valid for this thread.
    Last edited by Elfarin; 04-29-2010 at 12:25 AM.

TheElfKing
    Ex-Host of XFactor
    NA6
    Ex-VH SionA Beta Presbyter Valor Server 1, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Elfarin View Post
    I can't remember everything I've gotten, but the notables are 200 speakers, 10 Thunder Raids (600 cents), 5 OnWars, and a HHM. There were lots of other goodies, but I'm not remembering them now.
    Could be my notoriously rotten luck kicking in, but seriously, every single spin was an Age II item for a whole week, then at the exact same time the award announcements were reenabled, I got only the items that are shared between Age I and Age II.

Additionally, bear in mind that we're on different servers, you with na6 and me on na1, and there is anecdotal evidence to suggest that na1 is the guinea pig server...so the nerfing may not have gotten to you yet.

I just did my spin for the day. 80k wood. So, the trend continues...

Edit 4/30/10: Spin for today was 80k iron. Trend still continuing. Prior to the server-wide amulet announcements coming on, Age II items for most, if not all spins. Post enabling of server-wide annoucements, nothing but shared lower value items. Might not be directly related, but highly coincidental that no spin in 8 consecutive spins has netted anything other than lower value, non-Age II specific items when prior to the reenabling of the wheel win annoucements, the Age II items were obtained with almost every spin. This is very similar to how the medal drop rate just suddenly changed overnight, then there was an annoucement that the drop rate had been changed (which later got annouced that they were increasing them again)...

Edit: 5/1/10 - 180k gold. Trend continues.

5/2/10 - Merchant Fleet, 5/3/10 - 80k lumber (again), 5/4/10 - Hero Hunting, 5/5/10 - 160K stone (7 documented consecutive days of relatively worthless stuff, but it's been going on since the system announcements were cut back on, so that's 13 consecutive days)

Frankly, they asked for other ideas on what to do with Facebook. So far all I see you doing is arguing about what NOT to do with Facebook. If your only idea is to do nothing, then I'm sure they've noted your idea by now.
    There are more things that could be done than just "gimme more stuff" suggestions. As I am not a Facebook user, and don't see the same things that you all see, I can't really speak to that, but I can and will speak out against a complete "gimme more stuff" direction that moves things away from the purported "minor addition to gameplay" and into more of a "you have to use this or you get dusted".

Since as you've stated, you have no intentions of using FB, I really don't see your input as being valid for this thread.
    We are all customers, thus all inputs are valid. Like I said early on, the solution is not telling me that I must take a security / privacy risk to be competitive, not telling me that I should break Facebooks rules by creating a fake account to mitigate that security / privacy risk, nor telling me to simply buzz off.

This all started because I simply said that things should not be brought out of balance too much. Interesting how it's unfolding, with such fervent opposition to keeping the changes in balance minor...
    Last edited by neko_lord; 05-05-2010 at 01:02 AM.

From another thread in this suggestion forum:

Quote Originally Posted by cap269 View Post
    a couple of thoughts ..
    gift a chest key on FB ...