Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chest key in market

Default Chest key in market

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I'm posting it.

Anyway, I think it would be an interesting idea to have the happiness chest key in the cents shop for a reasonable amount of cents. I'm not sure what that would be, but I'm sure there is one. The main reason being that some people tend to have several of these chest and spending 30 dollars to open each one could run into a lot of money. With a key available in market people most people would still need to buy cents. Occasionally someone might win some through the wheel, but the majority who want to open them would still have to spend money to get the cents for the key. Though it would probably be slightly less then the $30 per chest you would have to spend the way it is now.

I doubt this suggestion will even make it that far and probably be shot down quickly. I just thought I would make it. Please, take the time to consider the possibility and don't dismiss it too quickly.
    Last edited by Chargoth; 04-27-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Word correction

The overall value of the contents of each chest is too great to allow people to open all of them for a small amount of money compared to what its actually worth. Opening one or two of these packages is enough for most people who pay but to open them all would be too great of an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    If you don't care enough to make yourself understandable, don't be surprised if others don't care enough to try to figure out what you're trying to tell them.

Though there could be a limit on the amount of keys you could buy..

Well if price of them would b like 300-400 cents each that's how much you pay for real to get 1 key.

Cossack For Whole Life

Bottom line. The chests only exist because someone ALREADY paid at least $30. I'd say toss the key in the market. Charge 50 cents.

That's my $.02

TheElfKing
    Ex-Host of XFactor
    NA6
    Ex-VH SionA Beta Presbyter Valor Server 1, Retired

...at least dont call it "free" chest for friends - cus nothing depending on it is free. The best thing is - if u spend the money to get a key in times you get "free" chests for spending money, you have won nothing, cus u need another key to open the next "free" chest and so on.
    So why not giving the opportunity to buy a key a little less expensive. Would be shurely a good way to get money from people who dont want to spend that much

Or how about if someone spends 30 dollars, they can send a downgraded chest to a limited number of their friends that doesn't need a key to open? Even something simple like a couple speed ups and some resource improving stuff, nothing fancy. You can send similar stuff with the facebook features, except this would be a slightly larger package because someone did spend money. And its just digital data we are talking about. Sending someone a "gift" that they can't even open unless they spend money makes the people who do try to play this game for free even less encouraged to spend money.
    Last edited by H3llion; 04-28-2010 at 09:42 PM.

a couple of thoughts ..

put a chest key as an amulet item (good for age 1 and age 2 players).
    - or -
    gift a chest key on FB (good only for age 2 players)
    - or -
    Do both?

Evony lets you send the chests to your friends because they want your friends to spend $30 just like you did. The problem is, most of your friends won't. Yes, I know, you get the purchased package PLUS the contents of your friend's chest, but that isn't point. On my age 1 account I have 8 chests in my inventory that I got from friends when they bought theirs. I'm not going to buy a $30 package just so I can get a key to open the free chest my friend sent. I'm looking at $240 to be able to open all of them. Way too much money for me. However, if I won a key, or was gifted a key, from time to time, then that would be no different than the chance I have of winning any other expensive item (cents, medal box, battalion, etc.) from the amulet or receiving a gift box from facebook. It would also still be left to chance. Buying a key from the marketplace is not chance, and while I would have to use cents to buy the key, ergo, I would have to buy cents first, it isn't left to chance and could be exploited or considered an unfair advantage. Plus, making the key worth 300 cents is no different than just buying the $30 package so that you get the package plus the key. 150-200 cents, maybe would be more of an incentive to spend cents on a key, but I still don't like the idea of just buying a key. Winning a chest key in the lottery or fb gift would be more balanced, and more fair to the people who actually do spend their money to buy the packages and keys.

I think it is a great idea,since there are sooooooo many problems with the game and I have LOST soooo much real money in this game! Right now I have 6 chests and NO keys. As far as I am concerned they will be there forever because I will NOT be spending $30.00 6 times to get 6 different keys. In case you don't get it. I would have to spend $180.00 just to get 6 keys!!!! This game is NOT worth that kind of money!!!!! They must be out of their minds if they think that will ever happen! I have probably all ready LOST $60.00 dollars on all their server glitches,crashes, hick-ups, and maintenance. They have lost me from ever spending any money in this game ever again!
    Last edited by judycoward; 04-29-2010 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cap269 View Post
    a couple of thoughts ..

put a chest key as an amulet item (good for age 1 and age 2 players).
    - or -
    gift a chest key on FB (good only for age 2 players)
    - or -
    Do both?

Evony lets you send the chests to your friends because they want your friends to spend $30 just like you did. The problem is, most of your friends won't. Yes, I know, you get the purchased package PLUS the contents of your friend's chest, but that isn't point. On my age 1 account I have 8 chests in my inventory that I got from friends when they bought theirs. I'm not going to buy a $30 package just so I can get a key to open the free chest my friend sent. I'm looking at $240 to be able to open all of them. Way too much money for me. However, if I won a key, or was gifted a key, from time to time, then that would be no different than the chance I have of winning any other expensive item (cents, medal box, battalion, etc.) from the amulet or receiving a gift box from facebook. It would also still be left to chance. Buying a key from the marketplace is not chance, and while I would have to use cents to buy the key, ergo, I would have to buy cents first, it isn't left to chance and could be exploited or considered an unfair advantage. Plus, making the key worth 300 cents is no different than just buying the $30 package so that you get the package plus the key. 150-200 cents, maybe would be more of an incentive to spend cents on a key, but I still don't like the idea of just buying a key. Winning a chest key in the lottery or fb gift would be more balanced, and more fair to the people who actually do spend their money to buy the packages and keys.
    I like your FB idea a lot. There is a FB thread stickied to the top of this Suggestion forum. Please go put your idea there.

TheElfKing
    Ex-Host of XFactor
    NA6
    Ex-VH SionA Beta Presbyter Valor Server 1, Retired