Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: PROPOSED GAME CHANGES: Requesting player feedback

In your fridge.... Yes im the one that eats your sammiches.

good point kiera, +rep.
    duty ends only in death
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost101 View Post
    I would absolutely love it!
    I think its a fabulous idea!
    You won't believe just how many people still think I am a male
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadan View Post
    I like anything japanpimp dislikes
    I disagree with anything japanpimp agrees with

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiya Sylvaneste View Post
    @JP

By allowing colonizeation players to atk, atk style players. You are creating a dangerous exploit situation. Let's show how easy it is.

Massacre wants to take a very specific Lv 16. Why, idk but they want that particulary bad. Well, academy1 wants the same 16.

Well on monday morning I port one of my cities next to it. Massacre in turn ports one of their cities. I see this and realize that I will be able to attack it at the same time as Massacre. So I decide to abandon one of mine and build a new city next to it. Using speed ups and cents I will no be in a position to atk earlier then Massacre. Well they decide to build a city too. Now comes the exploit. I contact 5 of my aliance mates and post in world chat that Massacre has a brand new noob city. We all pounce on it and raze it. To the ground. They try again. We raze it again. Meanwhile I am untouched and unharmed with gates closed. Massacre sends out an alliance mail. "Is anyone not in atk mode?". But everyone is. Meanwhile my allies are attacking en mass on Massacres cities along with the half of my alliance not participating in the cap of the 16.

While this scenario is HIGHLY flawed on a lot of "what if". But I think it can be understood for discussion sake.

Another bad part I see with split systems not being based on alliance standings but individual players. Is half of an alliance can go "atk" while the other half "stays safe". If the atk guys end up losing too bad. They drop back to colony and the colony half drop to atk.

If you think sister alliances are annoying now. How bout having Khans1 and Khans2. One alliance is always in colony and one in atk. If the atk players start getting hit a lil harder then expected. Then the sister alliance members jump up into the atk one. Either providing more resources such as food,gold,etc. Or joining in the fight. Ideally Khans1 would colonize all of Khans2 to levy taxes and troops. What else is a "training,sister" alliance good for anyway?
    I did not fully understand your post. But remember, colonized players can never attack other players anyway. They can ONLY attack Historicals owned by others. Afterall, Age II is about overthrowing the oppressor of the land. So how are the oppressed ones supposed to help remove the shadow of an oppressive lord if they cannot help attack the historical?
    And if they attack the historical and get flagged for conquest mode, how is that fair? A L16 can send waves of 250k by default. The owner of that L16 can capture any normal player city they want. So by allowing historical owners to retaliate and capture every city that scouts or hits them with 1 worker, that would create a huge problem.
    And remember, if YOU own a historical and draft from others, that is like being a Suzerain, right? And colonized players can indeed uprise on their suzerains without getting flagged for conquer mode. So why not allow colonized players to attack a HC owner?

Thanks to Boleslav for the Afro Samurai Signature series.
    I have made a few video guides that may help you.
    Please read the link below.
    My Evony Videos

In your fridge.... Yes im the one that eats your sammiches.

my opinion.
    attack button... interesting.
    colonisation.... fun but there is no risk justifies the reward as there is no decent return.
    plundering players for reasources..... that would be interesting, and it would enable even noobs who have been playing for 2 weeks get a good feel for the game, and generate more exp for heroes if your surrounded by hostiles. also means more risk of losing heroes, but its something that will make people play harder.
    capping a players normal city.... iffy, if i wanted to lose cities id go play age one for a few weeks.
    duty ends only in death
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost101 View Post
    I would absolutely love it!
    I think its a fabulous idea!
    You won't believe just how many people still think I am a male
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadan View Post
    I like anything japanpimp dislikes
    I disagree with anything japanpimp agrees with

Quote Originally Posted by japanpimp View Post
    A L16 can send waves of 250k by default.
    I pretty sure rally point of lvl16s at lvl10 can only send waves of 200k. 250k with war ensign. Just thought clear that up.

Personally I'm all for the attack button. Colonizing is boring. With attack button worst thing that can happen is someone gets attacked and losses all their cities and quits. Alotta players i colonized quit after i colonized em, because they thought hmmm this guy on another level to us so lets quit an start afresh on a new server, but not before they set production to 0 and dismiss all their troops leaving me with getting nothing from colonizing. Not to mention the amount of colony attacks i've seen happen is absurd. People get massive armies wiped out. Not really much point in owning colonies IMO even tho it was kinda fun at first when it was new and untested. But after playing with it a while it kinda irritating risking losing troops + resources for really no reward. Unless it some with gates closed and even then if they active they move troops to another city soon as they get on.

Quote Originally Posted by OGKILLAH View Post
    I pretty sure rally point of lvl16s at lvl10 can only send waves of 200k. 250k with war ensign. Just thought clear that up.

Personally I'm all for the attack button. Colonizing is boring. With attack button worst thing that can happen is someone gets attacked and losses all their cities and quits. Alotta players i colonized quit after i colonized em, because they thought hmmm this guy on another level to us so lets quit an start afresh on a new server, but not before they set production to 0 and dismiss all their troops leaving me with getting nothing from colonizing. Not to mention the amount of colony attacks i've seen happen is absurd. People get massive armies wiped out. Not really much point in owning colonies IMO even tho it was kinda fun at first when it was new and untested. But after playing with it a while it kinda irritating risking losing troops + resources for really no reward. Unless it some with gates closed and even then if they active they move troops to another city soon as they get on.
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    Hey, I won't argue with you, good points. But it only highlights all the more reason to allow players like yourself to battle other players who wish to play conquer mode. People who want to punch it out with others should battle with players who want to punch. Players that are new to Age II and learning, etc... it may take them months before they feel comfortable stepping into the ring. But players should not be forced to step into the ring. It should be optional. Let the players "spar" and "grapple" first before they get put into the arena. Let them get strong and develop some skills. And that is what colonize mode does. It prepares players who are new like myself (only been playing this game since March) to get familiar with things.

My Evony Videos

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Hey, I won't argue with you, good points. But it only highlights all the more reason to allow players like yourself to battle other players who wish to play conquer mode. People who want to punch it out with others should battle with players who want to punch. Players that are new to Age II and learning, etc... it may take them months before they feel comfortable stepping into the ring. But players should not be forced to step into the ring. It should be optional. Let the players "spar" and "grapple" first before they get put into the arena. Let them get strong and develop some skills. And that is what colonize mode does. It prepares players who are new like myself (only been playing this game since March) to get familiar with things.
    Yeah i understand what your saying. However, after playing age1 for a long time i dont see why should have separate servers. When age1 started people got thrown into the pit and battled it out. The strong survived an the weak either learned how to be strong or perished. Also i dont think evony would let people move from colonizing server to attacking server after theyve done "sparring" and "grappling". Evony peeps would probs want us to start again in the hope that we would spend more cash

Quote Originally Posted by OGKILLAH View Post
    Yeah i understand what your saying. However, after playing age1 for a long time i dont see why should have separate servers. When age1 started people got thrown into the pit and battled it out. The strong survived an the weak either learned how to be strong or perished. Also i dont think evony would let people move from colonizing server to attacking server after theyve done "sparring" and "grappling". Evony peeps would probs want us to start again in the hope that we would spend more cash
    You know when you go to the local swimming pool and there is the shallow end and the deep end? Beginners can play in the shallow end and experienced swimmers can play in the deep end? Why can't we do that with Evony? Everyone can play in the same pool. But the pool is designed to accommodate new and experienced swimmers.

My Evony Videos

You know when you go to the local swimming pool and there is the shallow end and the deep end? Beginners can play in the shallow end and experienced swimmers can play in the deep end? Why can't we do that with Evony? Everyone can play in the same pool. But the pool is designed to accommodate new and experienced swimmers.
    I like the tier system suggested by kaiya and similar to Foxybunny's conquest status. That's how we address your concept, read those threads.
    HH: 1| HC: 1 0 0 0

This forum is designed to gather feedback from our players on various game issues...... and ignore it.

This is my honest opinion and is not meant as an insult or a flame.

In view of the current uproar can you genuinely say that our views, opinions and feedback are taken onboard?

Why do you even ask for feedback on "proposed" changes when they're going to be implemented no matter what the player-base thinks?
    Historical Cities :4 2 0 0

Shallow end and deep end are usually in the same pool right? or according to your metaphor the same server? Above your saying you want separate servers for crap players and good players. so I dont understand.
    Also rather than have different servers why not give n00b players a longer beginners protection period. Make it two weeks until they can start colonizing or be colonized. Make it one month until they can start attacking or be attacked. Evony isnt rocket science so i dont see the need treat players as babies.
    Last edited by OGKILLAH; 08-20-2010 at 12:46 PM.