Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PROPOSED GAME CHANGES: Requesting player feedback

I love the first idea about conquest and colonizing, that does seem to be a great way to keep everyone happy. I do hope the 'cool down' period from conquest to colonizing is long enough to prevent abuse, and there might be some kinks, but I would be confident they would be worked out prior to release.

The protected city is something I'm not in favor of. I always thought the '1 city mercy rule' sufficed for that, and I think the loss of any cities should always be a factor when one choses to go to 'conquest'.
    **Offices closed until further notice**

Bringing the news to N1 without bias, prejudice or reality.

Please send all questions and comments through your local Presbyter!
    Have you hugged a mod today?

Quote Originally Posted by TCWNME View Post
    Instead of instant colonise mode how about attacks no longer add grievance?
    I like the idea. This would promote the worst alliance to defend a member since they can save the city (or just drag out the conquer process).

However, I would add that after 7-10 days of not logging in grievance is added like when your online. This will prevent player's that leave the game from providing a longer term resource mill (is it 30 days for 100K+ prestige before removal? And no removal if you pay $5 at some point.). And multi-accounters will have a field day (a level 0 npc that makes 3x-6x a level 8 npc in resources that you visit the account once per month to keep it free or pay and never visit unless someone else starts stealing your resources).
    Last edited by SlowMike; 04-28-2010 at 05:33 PM.

I just had another idea for the conquest/colonise modes.
    After a few days of not logging on, if you are in conquest mode you are put back into colonise mode to preserve peoples accounts when they find it hard to log on.

Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    If you don't care enough to make yourself understandable, don't be surprised if others don't care enough to try to figure out what you're trying to tell them.

Nice!!
    This also limits the amount of resources that can be gained from the account.

First problem you should be addressing is the insipid troop building times. Stopping instant troops is one thing (and a good thing) but nerfing the build time to such an extent that you cannot build an archer in under 1 minute is ridiculous. It would take almost 80 barracks building non stop for 24 hours to muster together 100k of archers and that is with an elite top end hero. That one fact alone will deter more people from Age 2 than anything else

Quote Originally Posted by The Real McCoy View Post
    First problem you should be addressing is the insipid troop building times. Stopping instant troops is one thing (and a good thing) but nerfing the build time to such an extent that you cannot build an archer in under 1 minute is ridiculous. It would take almost 80 barracks building non stop for 24 hours to muster together 100k of archers and that is with an elite top end hero. That one fact alone will deter more people from Age 2 than anything else
    This section is to talk about the topic at hand and nothing other than that. Would you happen to have any suggestions that will help the ideas proposed here?

If you don't care enough to make yourself understandable, don't be surprised if others don't care enough to try to figure out what you're trying to tell them.

Problem 1: having protected cities be completely invulnerable to sacking. In my view, protected would mean un-conquerable. The reason this is important is that if you go into conquest mode, you shouldn't be able to turtle indefinitely while capturing NPCs around the map to attack from on a whim, and then abandon when someone retaliates, rinsing and repeating. At some point you will end up with a stalemate where no one can attack anyone else.

Someone mentioned that having only protected cities left should put you back into colonization mode, but that is problematic due to problem 1: players would simply capture a NPC where they wanted to attack while in colonization mode, move their army in, switch to Conquest mode, attack attack attack, then abandon the city going back down to only protected cities thus kicking them out of conquest mode.

This is where having protected cities that cannot be attacked in conquest mode is problematic: being unable to take out the player's army who is constantly building/capping NPCs from protected cities to attack you and being completely immune to retaliation except by colonization.

Basically, I can see Conquest mode with unattackable protected cities turning into a massive war of attrition where no one can really attack anyone except at choke-point cities or proxy cities that can be abandoned at a moments notice.

Conclusion, if someone has protected cities, they should be protected from being conquered while in conquest mode, not completely protected from being attacked. The reason is that the player is stating they are ok with being attacked simply by entering Conquest mode, and by having all of their cities be attack-able regardless of being protected or not prevents them from turtling in the protected cities until they want to go on the offensive.
    But....the eternal ray of sunshine REALLY wanted to see you, so I helped brighten your day by removing the city from around you! ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Ashanta View Post
    Conclusion, if someone has protected cities, they should be protected from being conquered while in conquest mode, not completely protected from being attacked. The reason is that the player is stating they are ok with being attacked simply by entering Conquest mode, and by having all of their cities be attack-able regardless of being protected or not prevents them from turtling in the protected cities until they want to go on the offensive.
    I was reading this and then that same idea occurred to me. Damn you for finishing your post with it! But I think that is a great solution, stopping protected cities from being conquered while still being able to attack would definitely stop alot of problems I can see.

"A player in Conquest status may not send attacks of any kind against a player in Colonize status"

I feel a player in Conquest status should be able to colonize any player regardless of status (except BP)

I also feel tagging 50% of a players cities as "Protected" is way too much. Suggest limiting to 1 City (call it Capital) which cannot be attacked or colonized - all other cities are game.

Other than those 2 issues I find the changes a welcome and awesome addition - they get implemented tomorrow? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ashanta View Post
    Sounds like you are saying that the protected cities should be technically "In colonization mode." Can't lose the city, but can lose the troops. Plus if they try to dodge you get insta-colonization.