Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanced Evony Start-up Guide

Paying homage to RED on top of Mt. Silver

Default Advanced Evony Start-up Guide

[Disclaimer: I do not own the bullet pointed parts of this guide, the belong to ? Copyright Hods.com ? - Privacy Policy and are solely their respective property. They are merely there to illustrate my point and they are a good basis for any start-up guide. The rest however is mine and.]

Advanced Evony Start-up Guide

Hello and allow me to introduce myself first. My name is James and I have been a long-time lover of Evony Age I. I have gained knowledge and experience from playing 1000+ hours on over 20 different servers. I have had very successful cities and armies on 80% of these accounts and I have mostly been ranked in the top 10 on those servers. How do I do this? Well allow me to guide you.

For this guide I will assume that you have at least some experience when it comes to game mechanics (how the game works). This guide isn?t intended to speak down to you or to tell you what to do. It is merely for you to read and take what information you want from it. I only hope that it will make your time at Evony more enjoyable and perhaps inspire you to think differently when you start on a new server.

Okay some people ask me, ?why do you start over on a new server when you have a perfectly good accounts on other servers?? My response is always, ?after about 2 months of solid play, a server comes into a phase known by many as ?EngGame?, where by players have huge armies and find that they have taken out everyone around them within 50 miles. These players start to hunt around for other players of their standard for a challenge. After a further 2 months of this players can get bored and look for a new challenge--a new server.?

Lets get straight into this then?

Okay now you have your chosen Lord?s name and you are ready to begin on a fresh new server or whatever. Lets begin?

1. Build a Cottage and upgrade it to level 2. (Use the Speed Up Button)
    Click the Quest button and claim all your rewards.

2. Build an Inn. (Use the Speed Up Button)

3. Build a Farm. (Use the Speed Up Button)

4. Build a Sawmill and upgrade it to level 2. (Use the Speed Up Button)

5. Build a Quarry. (Use the Speed Up Button)

6. Build an Ironmine. (Use the Speed Up Button)

7. Build 3 Cottages and upgrade them all to level 2. (Use the Speed Up Button)

8. Build a Rally Spot and upgrade it to level 2. (Use the Speed Up Button)

9. Build a Barracks. (Use the Speed Up Button)

10. Build a Feasting Hall.
    While you are waiting for the Feasting Hall to finish:

11. Recruit 10 Workers in your Barracks.

12. Click Overview and set the Production Rate of all four resources to 100.

13. Click Overview and set the Tax Rate to 35%.

14. Click Overview and rename your city.

15. Click on your picture in the top right corner and change your flag.

16. Click on the Quest button and go to the Daily Quest. Claim your amulet.

17. Go to My Items. Go to Chest. Apply all you amulets, good luck.

18. Click the My Items and claim your Newbies Package.

19. Click Overview and Levy Wood.

20. Click Overview and use Comforting by Praying.
    By now, your Feasting Hall should be finished. Click the Quest button and claim all your rewards.

21. Recruit a hero from your Inn.
    The higher the politics your hero has, the better. If your hero has below 50 politics, I suggest that you continually check the Inn for a higher politics hero. One of the most important aspects of game play is a good hero.

22. In your Feasting Hall, appoint your hero as Mayor.

23. Recruit 10 Warriors in your Barracks.

24. Build a Marketplace.

25. Click Overview and Levy Stone.

26. Click Overview and use Comforting by Disaster Relief.

27. Click on your Marketplace and Sell 1 Food.

28. Click on your Marketplace and Buy 1 Lumber.

29. 27. Upgrade your Town Hall to level 2.
    Click the Quest button and claim your reward for Domain Expansion. Do NOT promote yourself.

30. Click the Mail button and write a letter to the host of the number 1 Alliance, explaining how experienced and loyal you are and that you wish to join his/her Alliance.
    Click the Quest button and claim your reward for Correspondence. Do NOT promote yourself.

31. Click on the world chat window, type ?Looking for an Alliance?, and press enter.
    Click the Quest button and claim your reward for Correspondence. Do NOT promote yourself.

32. Build an Embassy. (Use the Speed Up Button and select Beginner Guidelines.)
    Click the Quest button and claim all your rewards except Promotion. Do NOT promote yourself.

33. Build an Academy.
    Click the Quest button and claim all your rewards except Promotion. Do NOT promote yourself.

34. In your Academy, research Lumbering.

35. Build a Warehouse. (Demolish it when it is completed).

36. In your Academy, research Agriculture.

37. Upgrade your Ironmine to level 2. (Use the Speed Up Button)

38. Upgrade your Ironmine to level 3.

39. Build a Forge. (Use the Speed Up Button)

40. Upgrade your Forge to level 2.

41. In your Academy, research Military Science.

42. Build a Workshop.

43. Upgrade your Quarry to level 2. (Use the Speed Up Button)

44. In your Academy, research Lumbering level 2.

45. Build Walls.

46. Build a Beacon Tower.

47. In your Academy, research Military Science Level 2.

48. Click Overview and Levy Lumber.

49. Click Overview and use Comforting by Disaster Relief.

50. Keep Levying the resources you are low on and comfort with Preying, this will rise your Prestige higher if your loyalty is low and you have a high population.

51. Upgrade your Beacon Tower to level 2. (Use the Speed Up Button and select Beginner Guidelines)

52. Upgrade your Beacon Tower to level 3.

53. Upgrade your Town Hall to level 3. (Use the Speed Up Button and select Primary Guidelines)

54. Upgrade your Walls to level 2. (Use the Speed Up Button and select Primary Guidelines)

55. Click on your Walls. Build 10 Traps.

56. Upgrade your Farm to level 3. (Use the Speed Up Button)

57. Upgrade your Sawmill to level 3. Build and upgrade 4 more Sawmills to level 3. (Use the Speed Up Button)

58. Upgrade your 4 Cottages to level 3. (Use the Speed Up Button)

59. Click the Shop button. Go to Chest. Buy 1 Amulet.

60. Upgrade your Academy to level 2.
    Last edited by Professor X; 06-19-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Default Conclusion to Part 1

Conclusion

Okay at this point you should be in a strong position, as regards to where most players will be. If you can afford it, I suggest that this is the best time to spend $30.00 on cents. You get the most from your money in the first 7 days compared to any other time and this will make your time easier and knock you up the rankings real quick. After you have brought your 300 cents collect your Packages and apply them. Ta-da! You have 100k of each resource.

My strategy at this point of the game is to have a lot of Lumber mills and Iron Mills (you will thank me later on in the server). Have only 1 Farm and 1 Quarry. Try to keep it as a ratio of 3 Lumber Mills to 1 Iron Mine.

Stay in BP for as long as you can support your self. In a new server (if you are a veteran of Evony) then I suggest you come out of BP and start taking Forests and Hills to maximize your production. Apply the Wealth of Nations to your Hero to help with this even further.

In Evony the 2 most important things to have are resources and Heroes. Keep in mind that having a good hero with lots of resources this early on will make you a formidable force later on in the Server.

Continue to build and upgrade your resource fields (iron and lumber only, don?t forget it) until they are all at least level 8 if your TH is at level 3 and 7 if your TH is at level 4. Once you are getting 100k lumber/hour and 50-60k iron/hour then you know that you are on the right track. In the mean time don?t forget to keep levying and preying.

As far as troops are concerned ? warriors are king at this point in the game. If you have your speed-ups left then use them on getting your archery, metal casting and barracks to the required level for Ballistae to be produced. When you can farm level 4 NPC?s you will start to be able to produce mass numbers of archers.

On creating a second city I suggest you do this when you have the means to do so. When creating a second city keep it close to your main city and only make lumber and iron mills there. Keeping your resources and troops pumping out will make you a powerhouse player in the server. If you know what you are doing then in 10 days you could have 100k archers and be farming level 5 NPC?s.

Thank you for reading this part of my guide. Please comment and I will post the second part when I have completed it.
    Last edited by Professor X; 05-02-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Updated:

16:13 Saturday, 19th June 2010

-> Replaced ? with numbers.

-> Re-shuffled the order around for better purpose.
    Last edited by Professor X; 06-19-2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Update...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor X View Post
    WN1 Hit I like your guides. Don't shunt my guide--it's my first one lol go easy on me.
    I didn't see the No posting anywhere sign...

As far as i am concerned, you have copied and pasted this guide from another forum member's guide

http://hods.com/evony/account-start-guide-1/

sooo..... plagiarizing much?
    OH MAH GAWD I R DURMB HURP DURP

Building a religion... a limited edition...

Your guide looks oddly like this one: http://hods.com/evony/account-start-guide-1/

EDIT: Meh, Ghostie got it b4 me

All around me are familiar faces
    worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere
    Current Sig Song

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltion
    Acer is the Varys of Evony.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost101 View Post
    As far as i am concerned, you have copied and pasted this guide from another forum member's guide

http://hods.com/evony/account-start-guide-1/

sooo..... plagiarizing much?
    you mean... plagiarizing a mod much?
    Quote Originally Posted by jehlickam/highheels View Post
    Wish denied..

Like seriously if you want to copy someone else's idea

you just post the link to the site, dont claim the idea for your own...

You cant beat the old timer's like Acer5200, me, and Hit, we've seen all the old guides already and know which is copied....
    OH MAH GAWD I R DURMB HURP DURP

Yes I have incorporated some of that guides aspects.