Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The perfect city (Guide to Evony age II)

Default The perfect city (Guide to Evony age II)

Main City-
    The Main use of this city is to produce troops and produce Resources at a steady pace. It will be a basic outline for the perfect city, but seeing as you need the research there will be a few things you need to build to make other buildings and get the research to the right level. It will be a slow process, but once you finish you can destroy the exces buildings and replace them with barracks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Town Buildings-
    15. Barracks-
    7. Cottages-
    1. Stable-
    1. Relief Station-
    1. Academy-
    1. Feasting Hall-
    1. Inn-
    1. Embassy-
    1. Forge-
    1. Beacon Tower-
    1. Workshop-
    1. Rally spot-
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    City Buildings (this is based of a level 10 Town Hall.)
    Iron Mine- 15
    Farm- 5
    Quarry- 5
    Saw Mill- 15
    This does not need to be 100% accurate, but as long as you get the basic Idea and keep along these lines you should be fine. The main focus is Iron and Lumber of course.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Step one: (The Resource fields) Its only common sense to think that your army requires resources and to get those resources you need the correct amount of resource fields are needed. Build these before you get your cottages up, so you can continuously build Troops and buildings. I would recommend getting the fields up to rank 5 then going to your Cottages.
    Step two: (The Cottages) Your main focus will be your cottages. The cottages are key to making a large army at one time. Each soldier requires a certain amount of Idle population. The cottages increase your population so the more you have, and the higher rank they are the greater amount of troops you can make. (We will get into this later on in the building process) for now, lets focus on building the city before the troops. I build my cottages to level 8 after getting my resource fields to level 5 all around. Once your 9 cottages are level 8 go back and get those resource fields up to level 9 all around.
    Step Three: (The Barracks!) Level all your barracks to level 4 so you can get archers, simple enough not much explaining here.
    Step Four: (The Fillers) The fillers are things like: Beacon Tower, Rally Spot, Inn, Embassy and so fourth and so forth. None the less, these fillers are Very important.
    The most important (for the time being) is your Academy. It will give you research that allows you to increase your research production army production speed fortifications and many many other upgrades to improve your army and your castle in various ways. However, you will be getting rid of it later. Build this after the barracks, upgrade it as you need it, there is no point in upgrading it faster then you need to. After that is at correct level for you build your Forge, it helps with building other upgrades and things. Next is your Workshop, its needed for upgrades and research. Then your Beacon Tower, the BT is VERY useful for scouting and information on upcoming attacks, you will need one per city and keep it through-out the game. Next is your inn, it is where your heroes stay, they help with attacks defense and they also increase resource flow, politics being the one with the most influence on the resources. After that get a feasting hall, this will allow you to actually recruit a hero and keep him/her in your Inn. After that get the stables up, you need it for cavalry, cataracts and research. After that build a Rally point, I recommend building this near last, only because we are focusing on building up your city before your army. The rally spot allows you to send troops to and from areas, which is why it is imperative to get, but more needed after you get an army and need to send it places, so its not needed until later. After that is all done, finally get a relief station, it is GREAT to have because you can send troops and machines places much much much faster without one.

Get everything to a round number of about 5 ( everything that doesnt affect specific directions from previous steps) that way you don't focus to much on one thing and you are balanced and ready for almost every situation. I may not guide you through every process, but the game is more fun if you learn and experience some things on your own, so I recommend that you see what is needed and off of that upgrade things as you go. When building, take this in to mind, the game is revolved around war and based on fighting, so make your city a well fortified battle station. You need research as maxed as you can, so some buildings are only needed for that and nothing more, once they have ran their course and you got what you needed from them, you can replace them with barracks. Get all research to level 10 or 9, what ever you can then you can get rid of your academy and replace it with a barrack. The same goes for the other buildings that revolve around research and getting what you need out of them.

Once you get all level 10/9 research and you have no more use for some buildings ,delete them and your final city/ the perfect city <---- my opinion should look some thing like this.

17 Barracks
    8 Cottages
    1 Beacon Tower
    1 Rally spot
    1 Embassy
    1 Workshop
    1 Academy
    1 Feasting Hall
    1 Relief Station
    You wont need the other builds, because you can now make all troops with the research you have.

Secondary city and other cities-
    These will be basically identical to the main city, but you can skip getting the none needed fillers adn go stright to barracks. You can also change your resource fields to get more iron food, or lumber or w/e you want out of it.

This is my personal opinion on the "Perfect City" if you don't agree with it please just mail me in game or post on the forums, I'm only posting this to help the newer players and people who have 20 cottages and a warehouse

Sincerely,
    Rickycool - Host of Kismet.
    Last edited by Rickycool77; 06-19-2010 at 01:41 PM.

umm jsutone thing you need a academy for one and 2 you get 40 resources fields when you have a lvl 10 th as well i have my main city liek this however my next 2 i made pure lumber and iron

im making my main a split between lumber and iron but im making my second iron with about 5 farms all lvl 9

Quote Originally Posted by Rickycool77 View Post
    Main City-
    The Main use of this city is to produce troops and produce Resources at a steady pace. It will be a basic outline for the perfect city, but seeing as you need the research there will be a few things you need to build to make other buildings and get the research to the right level. It will be a slow process, but once you finish you can destroy the exces buildings and replace them with barracks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Town Buildings-
    15. Barracks-
    9. Cottages-
    1. Stable-
    1. Relief Station-
    1. Academy-
    1. Feasting Hall-
    1. Inn-
    1. Embassy-
    1. Forge-
    1. Beacon Tower-
    1. Workshop-
    1. Rally spot-
    Total building spots: 32 Total buildings in your "perfect town": 34

TheElfKing
    Ex-Host of XFactor
    NA6
    Ex-VH SionA Beta Presbyter Valor Server 1, Retired

The end goal is only 21 barracks? 9 cottages!?! No academy or workshop? Whats the point of researching if you're going to abandon all your techs and equipment.

I'm sorry but you simply didn't think this through.

All the angels sing........... Cuz your gonna die!

Quote Originally Posted by Elfarin View Post
    Total building spots: 32 Total buildings in your "perfect town": 34
    I lol'd im still working on my guide but elf that was great thx

To the OP Guides are hard to make take your time

Ya a few mistakes in it,fixed some of them, but once you get the lvl 10 research and everything you need you can erase the buildings, you will still keep the research without the buildings. Then you will have more room for barracks

2 questions for you guys???

Do you need a feasting hall when eliminating buildings,isnt that where the heros are held??

And dont we also need a workshop to do research and stars and stuff??

The perfect city only require(after all researches are done)...
    Academy
    6 cottages
    Relief Station
    Feasting hall
    Embassy (Optional. If you are strong enough, you don't need reinforcing.)
    Rally Spot
    Beacon
    Marketplace.(Optional, but handy)

All the rest are Barracks.

And tear down all your resource fields. Leave them empty. If you are playing the game right, you will never see the resources go up.

Your idle pop will also remain high cos they are not working the fields.

This is for a troopmaking/attack city. Presumably you will have at least one other city with an embassy and an inn in it for recruiting heros etc.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hired_Goon View Post
    The perfect city only require(after all researches are done)...
    Academy
    6 cottages
    Relief Station
    Feasting hall
    Embassy (Optional. If you are strong enough, you don't need reinforcing.)
    Rally Spot
    Beacon
    Marketplace.(Optional, but handy)

All the rest are Barracks.

And tear down all your resource fields. Leave them empty. If you are playing the game right, you will never see the resources go up.

Your idle pop will also remain high cos they are not working the fields.

This is for a troopmaking/attack city. Presumably you will have at least one other city with an embassy and an inn in it for recruiting heros etc.
    Nice knights tale Quote but no you need all of that and 9 cottages the rest barracks. I made a few mistakes I will fix them.