Thread: Common questions- check here before you post

Default Common questions- check here before you post

Common questions- check here before you post
    I've noticed that many questions have appeared repeatedly so I am setting up this thread to address common questions. This is an evolving post so if you don?t see something now feels free to make a suggestion.
    • Population
      population is effected by two main things, first the number and level of you cottages, this determines your population limit, and second, by your loyalty rating. Loyalty, though it can be effected by other things such as attacks, is primarily based on your tax rate the higher your tax rate the lower your loyalty. The basic formula for determining what your stable population will be is (population limit) * (Loyalty/100), in other words, if you have a population limit of 100 and loyalty of 90 it would be 100*(90/100), and so your stable population would be 90.
    • Flag color
      Gold is yours, Green-others in your alliance, Blue- people in an alliance with whom you are friendly, Red- an alliance with whom you are hostile, Grey- anyone who is not in one of the above.
    • Valleys
      first thing to know is that the number of valleys you can have is determined by your town hall level, the higher your town hall the more valleys you can have. Second, valley levels change periodically and without notice, so it may be a good idea to check the valley you are attacking when your troops are about 1 min out and make sure that the level 1 valley you thought you were attacking is not now a level 10. Also keep in mind that valleys provide benefits to the city from which you sent the conquering troops, not your entire empire.
    • How to build a new city
      10,000 of all resources, including gold, 250 workers, a flat, and the rank of knight. It is a common mistake for first time city builders to send their workers to the flat and then try to build the city, the workers and all resources must stay in the original city for city building to be successful. Also after the first city is built another promotion is necessary to build future cities. For an in game guide look to the bottom right of your screen for a small graphic of a walled city, move your mouse over it and it will give you the requirements you must meet to build you next city.
    • Can I get coins without paying?
      The only other way to get coins is by using the daily amulet.
    • Alliance Rank
      Member: Quit Alliance
      Officer: Invite, Pending Application, Resignation, Quit Alliance
      Presbyter: Invite, Pending Application, Permission, Resgination, Quit Alliance
      Vice Host: Invite, Pending Application, Permission, Introduction, Diplomacy, Group Message Resgination, Quit Alliance
      Host: all the above, plus Relinquish Host
      by Greymantle
    Last edited by TWT; 04-15-2009 at 11:53 PM.

no. honor is to do with cost of troops, sorry to post here but what else can i do, edit, really should get things right before you sticky a faq answer.

honor-if in a fight either attacking or defending the person taking the most losses in the cost of the troops/fortis will lose honor, ther side taking the least losses will gain honor.

Post screen shots with evidence and the Op post, along with other guides, will be changed.

If you have no evidence, please move on

Thanks.

i aint stupid enough to go out and purposefully lose honor for the benfit of screenshots, if you aint going to take the word from a top10 honor rank along with 4 other members of the same alliance carry on, you doing a great job along the same lines of umge and providing wrong info.

edit. just happens i got a couple just come through, after this can we try and get people to stop posting wrong info it does get quite tiresome correcting people all the time
    Last edited by greatswift; 04-14-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Its still early, alot of people including myself are unsure on alot of things in Civony, its people like you that are there to inform us on our mistakes GJ

Quote Originally Posted by DANKFIRE View Post
    Post screen shots with evidence and the Op post, along with other guides, will be changed.

If you have no evidence, please move on

Thanks.
    I have 200+ pages of alliance war reports, want to see them, or are you just going to take my word for it?
    Last edited by Darwin; 04-15-2009 at 03:50 AM.
    Don't mind me, I'm just a few slices short of a whole cake, and a few cards full of a short deck.

I have removed the Honor item until better answer put together to save confusion
    Phoren
    Spartanz - Server 1
    General Earl

What? You don't belive me? :/
    Oh psh,
    http://bbs.civony.com/showthread.php?p=9252#post9252

Now lets get this new enlightening knowledge about honor I have discovered into the FAQ, shall we?
    Last edited by Darwin; 04-15-2009 at 06:49 PM.
    Don't mind me, I'm just a few slices short of a whole cake, and a few cards full of a short deck.

hi,

i'm a new player, a few questions i like to ask :

1) how do i get to a knight status, if i never buy any coins, how many pristage do i need to hit ?

2) is our population = Loyalty lvl? lets say 10,000 max population, loyalty 70% i can only have 7000 population ?

3) when i send in scout to a flat / valley, how come there's no report of what went on there?

sorry for my noob questions, i just join for 3 days lol n been busy working