Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellfire's (Advance?) Combat Guide

Great guide!

+1
    http://bbs.evony.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=202206&dateline=12760  84280

nice combat mechanics guide very nicely layed out too

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySinners View Post
    edit: I forgot to correct you on one count.
    Range units target:
    1.AT
    2.Other range by total attack
    3.Melee unit by speed.
    This is one of the things that makes Compact Defences so effective. Attacking archers target defending towers first.
    Agree. I forgot to go over that as it ends up not factoring much if the range initial set at 5k. I'll update it. :-)
    I need more screen shots... Theory is all fine and dandy, but screen shots are the proof. Wish I was better at doing that over time.

I am still digesting the part 2nd part with the second report.... looks like I missed a rule about melee order. Thanks for the intel.
    (Edit) I see, it looks like the range was 1600, so the defending cavs moved to 1500, so the attacking cavs sat at 1600, in range to attack. Yet the other layers were not in range so moved forward to 1500, bouncing into the Defending cavs. When the defending cavs looked for the target, it only chose from the groups that moved next to it (phracts,pike, swords, warrior, workers) ...

Thank you all for the positive responses, I know it is a massive wall of text... even if I tried to make it organized, it is still a lot.
    Last edited by hellfire566; 05-13-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Nice Post,

I am curious how you determine who moves first if both have the same speed of fastest unit?

I also put together a battle calculator probably very similar to yours, and I am curious about your increase in defense technologies. For calculations are you using the formulas posted on these forums before or your own?

Make it shorter i read the first few lines and gave up lol

make it colorful and pertty

plus rep any way
    http://yfrog.com/0vruler9898sigj

in the OT, under Morgan's desk, hiding with CHICK

noooooooooooooooooo.. I like it in black n white

(c) Ravensigs production
    Quote Originally Posted by llCHICKll View Post
    lol, you are worst than ardee... at least she tells you right away to pizz off lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    Announcement:
    I will start randomly deleting a post of practicalfool here and there over time to mess with his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jonrb View Post
    Nice Post,

I am curious how you determine who moves first if both have the same speed of fastest unit?

I also put together a battle calculator probably very similar to yours, and I am curious about your increase in defense technologies. For calculations are you using the formulas posted on these forums before or your own?
    Tie goes to the defender, is if both the attacker and defender has cavs, the defender cavs go first.

For calculation of the defense, I generally just double the base defense. I assume everyone has lvl 10 techs, (+50%) and the walls also add 50%. And if you are the attacker, even though you don't have walls, if it is a major operation you have a corset going anyways (20%). So I figure +100% is a nice way do deal with it consistently.
    With some caveats, you never get over 50% damage reductions, so Cataphs are already there, plus swords are close to it anyways and requires very little INT to get there, so even an attacker is usually capped, so I cap it for all my calculations for simplicity. Most folks still don't know about the fact that INT plays a role in defense, so most heroes will be lucky to have 50 INT at best, so... I generally don't worry about it much. I compensate by rounding up my attacking force, and rounding down what I think I'll kill by a bit.

Update : Helps if I read your post all the way through...
    As an example in my spread sheet for pikes :
    =(G5*(1-(150+150)/1000))/(300*1.5)

G5 is the unmodified total attack
    150 is the base defense, so I double it.
    300 is the base health, so +50% health. is * 1.5

So if you remove all the mumbo jumbo it is (damage * 70% ) / 450.

If I am determining an exact attack or defense, and I can use the statistics to find the opponents exact INT, I'll muck with my formula a bit.
    (Can't make the blow format right... but here is a copy paste of one of the lines I have in my spread sheet.)
    Type Attack Bonus Hero Damage Count Tot. D D. War D. Scouts D. Sword Pikes D. Archers D. Cavs D. Cataphs Rams
    Archer 120.00 60.00 250 480 15,000 7200000 21600 46080 6857 11200 17280 6144 2400 730
    Last edited by hellfire566; 05-14-2010 at 01:48 AM.

nice guide, Formula's are on point.
    +1 rep..

-When the enemy is relaxed, make them toil. When full, starve them. When settled, make them move-

Quote Originally Posted by hellfire566 View Post
    Was recommend to make a few more empty posts for the future
    Thank you Asmo!
    If you were one of the ones the posted between this and the main, could you nuke them.

Also,
    un3x, generally no, archer get there butt handed against a compact defense and can't really take enough ATs out to make it worth their value. The one caveat I did not go into above is that if ATs are in range, they are targeted first by range , but that only happens in a no t/a/d scenario.

(Reserved, though I really need to go fix my first few posts, not everything copies from Word right...)
    I moved my old post for space, this was:

"Very nice battle description !

About 10k archers attack, if both:
    1. No t/a/d/r but AT.
    2. Defender hero 128 intelli or only Cataph.
    Still attacker win the resource war?
    "

I think is few confusing, answer before question, i hope all will understand right order.

Quote Originally Posted by hellfire566 View Post
    For calculation of the defense, I generally just double the base defense. I assume everyone has lvl 10 techs, (+50%) and the walls also add 50%.
    Are you sure about the 50% defensive bonus from walls? I have not personally investigated it so it'd be nice to have some reports/screenshots.