Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Hellfire's (Advance?) Combat Guide

The 'Faster units move first' rule include techs, therefore the hbr10 before hbr9 was already covered. I suppose it is worth emphasizing it is after techs speed that counts.
    Melee units do not seem to swing first, but that remains to be confirmed.

Attacks are made in order of speed regardless of unit type, you can prove it with the exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatter View Post
    one thing, i don't see mentioned, is that the speed of units is after tech. cavs w/ hbr10 move before cavs w/ hbr9 no matter who the defender is. Originally, i thought it was base speed. You can attack a lvl9 valley that has no arch in it, using 30k arch 1 cav and only lose 1 cav if you have hbr10.
    One question: if it has been determined that melee units move before range units, do they attack before range units? Only situation I can see this matter is where the defender has been wiped down to rams, 300k arch show up and then is attacked by 1 cav 99999 cata. Rams attacking first the 1 cav or 300k arch attacking first the 1 cav?
    Yes, Tech counts in movement order (I'll add that distinction to the guide). As was said by others, proven via a lvl 9 valley hit using cavs.
    In your case, the rams will target the Catas, because they cav is dead via the archers, but if you had the normal smack layers, so the archer targeted something else (Pult,ball, archer, Scout), so when the Rams turn came, the cavs are closer, it would target the cavs, the stack with the greatest damage only comes into play for range tie-breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySinners View Post
    The 'Faster units move first' rule include techs, therefore the hbr10 before hbr9 was already covered. I suppose it is worth emphasizing it is after techs speed that counts.
    Melee units do not seem to swing first, but that remains to be confirmed.
    Tech comment added to guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Birtles View Post
    Attacks are made in order of speed regardless of unit type, you can prove it with the exercise.
    I know in the past it was 'proven' to me (probably by you Britles :-) ), the attack order is speed based. Or at least never seen a report that says otherwise. Forget the exact case. Tech won't alter the results, as everyone fires, and your own troops will always fire in the same order.

On that note: Birtles, thank you for your combat calculation guide, you put a lot of work into that and it is very very useful. It was one of the guides that started me down the path of 'How the heck does this game work!'.
    :-D
    Last edited by hellfire566; 08-16-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Can someone please double check my round-by-round on a failed mech attack:

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=145167&page=2

Your cataphract move faster than mine. My phract speed is 1125.

I have ATs killing swords in round 5 so the layers get shifted by a round. My AT range is 2535.

This causes my defending archers to move to 1000 in round 8 instead of 9.

Without excaliber it takes attackers 3 rounds (9, 11, and 12) to kill rams and I still go 14 rounds.

Do you give your ATs archery and wall bonus?

why was this unstickied?

Please re-sticky!

for now just 2 threads stickied

It's in the guide library. It won't be seen as often, but anyone can still find it fairly easily.

So a back when I was a noob I was having problems figuring cavs targeting priority and I did some random tests. It confounded me further and I gave up quickly. I've since it out for all practical purposes but I dug up these old screen shots and I'm still confused.

Obviously all techs 10, level 10 valley and academy. Only allowed five images but cavs at one point targeted each of the 4 attacking groups whether total attack was equal or slightly off. Unless they just pick a random target when total attack is equal and adding one didn't change anything due to rounding, I don't get it.
    Last edited by kanosig; 08-23-2010 at 01:23 PM.