Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Medals Guide

Default Medals Guide

May 17th, 2009:

As of the date above, I will summarize, describe, and elaborate on the medals in Evony.

Firstly:

Medal drops have been updated. The previous medal drops of basically zero have now been changed to a higher drop rate. The medals are worth more with increasing value based on how much loyalty the medal will give to a hero, how easy it is to obtain the medal, and what promotion you need the medal for.

The medal rankings, from lowest to highest / easiest to hardest:

Cross Medal
    Rose Medal
    Lion Medal
    Honor Medal
    Courage Medal
    Wisdom Medal
    Freedom Medal
    Justice Medal
    Nation Medal

Secondly:

If you are trying to get a lower level medal, like a Lion Medal, then you will need to attack lower level valleys and barbarian cities, such as levels 1-3. If you are trying to get a higher level medal, like a Freedom Medal, you will need to attack higher level valleys and cities, such as levels 6-9.

Thirdly:

The type of valley does not matter. If you attack a level 2 lake, you have the same chances as obtaining a medal as attacking a level 2 flatland. The medal quest information has not been updated. Although the quest still says that you have a higher chance of getting a medal from a certain valley, I repeat, it does not matter.

Fourthly:

Scout Spamming is not a very effective way of obtaining medals now. The first reason is because you get negative prestige for scout spamming. The second reason is because a main factor in getting medals is how much the valley has regenerated its troops. If you attack an empty valley, your chances of winning a medal are next to zero. If you let the troops completely regenerate within the valley, you have a much higher chance of getting a medal.

Thatís the story everybody. I hope this helped you be more informed on the current medal happenings. Good luck on getting your medals and getting promoted!

Kudos To Hods =p
    http://hods.com/evony/medals/
    Last edited by Lord_Zylok; 05-25-2009 at 01:58 PM.

I do have a question. So to get a Justice Medal I will have to attack a lvl10 npc? Or can I have the same chances of getting such a medal against a lvl10 valley or flat? And are the chances higher of getting the medal against a fully regenerated target than if I attack immediately afterward?

Thanks.
    All the world is a stage
    And all the men and women merely players
    They have their exits and entrances
    Each man in his time plays many parts
    http://dragcave.net/user/Spyridon

Quote Originally Posted by Spyridon View Post
    I do have a question. So to get a Justice Medal I will have to attack a lvl10 npc? Or can I have the same chances of getting such a medal against a lvl10 valley or flat? And are the chances higher of getting the medal against a fully regenerated target than if I attack immediately afterward?

Thanks.
    As i said. it really dont matter what you attack =p

I've attacked several NPC-owned valleys and cities of various levels and haven't gotten a single medal. Very frustrating.

Just had a level 6 flat give me a Rose Medal - care to explain?

amor vincit omnia

You really need an explanation?

He said it doesn't matter what kind of valley you attack.

He also said you are MORE LIKELY to get a highly rated medal from a highly rated valley. Not that certain levels of valley offer certains kinds of medal.

It could not be more clear people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zylok View Post
    May 17th, 2009:
    The second reason is because a main factor in getting medals is how much the valley has regenerated its troops. If you attack an empty valley, your chances of winning a medal are next to zero. If you let the troops completely regenerate within the valley, you have a much higher chance of getting a medal.
    Can you please elaborate more on the above info? Because of the other players around camping on valleys, I typically do the following while farming medals.

1. Attack a valley X
    2. Once defeated, recall the soldiers
    3. Once returned, I abandon valley X
    4. Immediately send soldiers again to attack valley X.

The keyword is in #4. "Immediately". Does that mean that I'm not giving enough time for that valley to FULLY regen? If so, what is the proper method for spam farming a valley? How long do I have to wait after abandoning?

It also seems like he's wrong :P It does look like rose, cross and lion medals drop from Level 1-3 valleys, and the type of valley doesn't seem to matter at all - I haven't farmed higher to see if the level really changes anything, though. NPC towns are on a different medal table. I've attacked a lot of towns, mainly Level 1-3, and I've gotten plently of Courage and Honour medals, but no cross, rose or lion.

If he was right, I should be getting the same medal drops from each, since both the valleys and the towns are the same level. Since I'm not, something is wrong :P

It looks likely that towns and valleys run on different medal drop tables.

The lowest level medal a barbarian city can drop is lion. They won't drop rose or cross medals.
    NPC cities have a higher drop rate on medals than valleys.
    Rose medals are still incredibly painful to get.

I get rose quite a bit from low level valleys... I'm struggling with honor medals but finally got 3 today from level 2-3 Barb cities.