Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What does a hero's intelligence help with?

  1. #1

    Default What does a hero's intelligence help with?

    I'm about to upgrade one of my hero's and I just wanted to know what Intelligence helps them to do. Does it help on scouting missions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A little piece of perfect in a cold, cruel world.
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerin View Post
    I'm about to upgrade one of my hero's and I just wanted to know what Intelligence helps them to do. Does it help on scouting missions?
    From what I've heard, it helps on scouting missions somewhat, although I've never seen it to be the case. It most certainly decreases research time - if you have them as mayor when you begin to research something.
    Hello, Death. How's life?
    Thanks to Ravenwings for the epic sig! click my sig... if you're a ninja...

    Quote Originally Posted by thierryd View Post
    lag yes. this? no. this is beyond lag... this is laaaaaaaaaaaag...

  3. #3

    Default

    Intel heroes help decrease time when researching techs at the Academy.

    It doesn't really help in scouting missions, though. It's more effective to send in an attack hero with the scouts (as I've observed) than an Intel one.

    However, there were posts here about Intel heroes helping your troops defense-wise when under attack. (Have yet to find a clear and proven answer to that one, though.)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwings View Post
    Intel heroes help decrease time when researching techs at the Academy.

    It doesn't really help in scouting missions, though. It's more effective to send in an attack hero with the scouts (as I've observed) than an Intel one.

    However, there were posts here about Intel heroes helping your troops defense-wise when under attack. (Have yet to find a clear and proven answer to that one, though.)
    I'm pretty sure it does, up to 50% I believe.
    Not too sure though.
    Reality scripted TV.
    Chasing fifteen minutes of fame.
    Fight over fuel.
    Violence in school.
    The youth are as confused as I am.

  5. #5

    Default

    It does speed up time on research, and also improves attack success.
    Imagine sending a high att hero that is dumb lol..

  6. #6

    Default

    thanks guys

  7. #7

    Default

    thread showing how intelligence effects combat

    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...ighlight=redux

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LustyLinz View Post
    It does speed up time on research, and also improves attack success.
    Imagine sending a high att hero that is dumb lol..
    Don't think so. In my earlier days I send an Intel hero with a scouting mission, thinking I'd get more info that way. Wrong. When I started sending an attack hero with the scouts, though, I get better results (not info-wise, since the information you get depends on your Informatics tech and Beacon Tower levels). I think it (sending an attack hero instead of Intel) makes sense when the gates are open in the target city, since a fight will ensue between scouts and it's the highest attack hero in that city who will be the one to defend against you.

    So those Intel heroes are only good for cutting down research times and boosting troop defense when you're defending your city (like Revoltion said).

  9. #9

    Default

    Intel increases effective unit of troops (aka defense)
    this is capped at 50%
    but scouts have it at 50% only for 850 intel, so its not really worth it you'd be better off with a high attack hero.

    The equation for effective health of a unit is:

    Effective health= Unit health * (1+0.05M)/(1- (Unit defence/1000 * (1 + 0.05Iw + 0.01I)))

    M being medicine, Iw being ironworking and I being intelligence.

    *(Unit defence/1000 * (1 + 0.05Iw + 0.01I)) is capped at 0.5
    Grey is prey, Red is dead.

    Thanks to Tsubasa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    He is not picking his nose, his finger is clearly out of his nose. The pic is obviously the transition after he has picked his nose, but before the finger goes into his mouth. It's an action shot.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thierryd View Post
    Intel increases effective unit of troops (aka defense)
    this is capped at 50%
    but scouts have it at 50% only for 850 intel, so its not really worth it you'd be better off with a high attack hero.

    The equation for effective health of a unit is:

    Effective health= Unit health * (1+0.05M)/(1- (Unit defence/1000 * (1 + 0.05Iw + 0.01I)))

    M being medicine, Iw being ironworking and I being intelligence.

    *(Unit defence/1000 * (1 + 0.05Iw + 0.01I)) is capped at 0.5
    Alright, that being said. Is there a max on Intelligence for effectiveness in general or does it vary from troop type to troop type? I guess I'm looking for an easy answer..lol.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •