Thread: Compact defence

Default Compact defence

Hello all. I am somewhat of a newb, and I am trying to understand what a compact defence is. I did a search, but I got alot of threads talking about them and giving examples with tens of thousands of troops, but not explaining the philosopy of them. I was just wondering if someone could explain the pholosophy to me or point me to a thread that does this, then I could come up with my own CD instead of just copying someone elses, without understanding why they did what they did.

So a compact defence is a defence with no t/a/d so that the fight starts at closer range? Is that it?

...with a big "shield" layer to protect your archers, yes thats pretty much it.
    Grey is prey, Red is dead.

Thanks to Tsubasa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    He is not picking his nose, his finger is clearly out of his nose. The pic is obviously the transition after he has picked his nose, but before the finger goes into his mouth. It's an action shot.

If you've watched the movie Troy, they show a good example during the first attack on the city. The foot soldiers hold the enemy at bay while the archers rain death with impunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    "I believe, whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you.....stranger."

Thanks guys and gals. That Troy example was a really good one thanks. So, then in your opinions, is a compact defence better than having alot of t/a/d's ?