Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: capturing a lvl 8 npc age2 queen quest?

Default capturing a lvl 8 npc age2 queen quest?

I'm having trouble finding a guide for capturing an npc 8. So I can do the capture lvl 8 npc for the queen quest on age 2.

Plenty of lvl 10 guides, but I don't have that many troops yet. Was hoping I could get away with less as I will be losing less.

anyway suggestions pls?

I have 10 heroes above 100 att I can pull into 1 city, 3 of those are 130+ attack. I realise thats quite low but I'd rather take a few extra losses and get the exp for hero's ready for when I have enough troops for a 10.

lvl 10 rally lvl 10 feast lvl 9 arch lvl 9 mt (both 10' finish in 3 days if i have to wait) only lvl 6 compass and 6 medicine ( no flames on how low my researches are :P it is a new server)

have excalibur, war ensign, corselet, ivory horn and penicillin if u think i should use them.

I've seen 2 farming suggestions ..

4,000 Warriors
    2,000 Pike
    2,000 Scouts
    2,000 Sword
    1,500 Transports
    88,500 Archers

or:

98,500 Warriors 1,500 Transports

I'm guessing I could use that as the initial wave, but cant find anything on what to use on follow up waves, I guess because people dont bother capturing lvl 8 NPC's much.

any suggestions on if the initial attack is sensible and what kind of following waves should I send. What troops total I will need to achieve capture on a 1 mile target.

many thanks in advance for suggestions and advice.
    and no thanks in advance for any flames / telling me how much u dislike age 2.

Seriously use and npc10 guide or just thow enough warriors at the problem. Say 100k first hit and spam 40k warrior waves after that. Takes around 40 hits.
    Personally is say follow a 10 guide. Overkill is good

After the initial hit you just need to send loyalty waves. One thing to keep an eye on is if you do not cap it soon enough, the NPC will get its 10% respawn so you will need to kill it again before recommencing your loyalty waves.

in the OT, under Morgan's desk, hiding with CHICK

all other things apart, for use 130+ att hero, use a warhorn and send 100k warriors as your First wave to knock down defences and troops.

Follow with 10-20k warrior waves as you can afford. You will need to do it within 6 minutes (the respawn window) if you want to avoid facing a 10% respawn of troops. So, do it with a lv8 really close to your city. I suggest making one right next to your city.

(c) Ravensigs production
    Quote Originally Posted by llCHICKll View Post
    lol, you are worst than ardee... at least she tells you right away to pizz off lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    Announcement:
    I will start randomly deleting a post of practicalfool here and there over time to mess with his mind.

Thanks, I have built an 8 and a 10 both 1 mile from my city ready so I can complete the quest.

As I'm only using 1 city, and the journey is 3mins with warriors, how many waves would it take, I see it can be done in 40, but I will be going through 3 possibly 4 10% respawns b4 I hit 40 attacks, (unless I'm getting something wrong in my head lol?) Would it be 44 hits?

Any idea what losses I would expect per loyalty wave on warriors?

is the 6 minute timer based on my first hit? or based on server time (like do all npc's get 10% respawn at the same time on the server, or is it from when they are hit). many thanks for answers so far.

a) 6 minutes is server time ticker

b) just as an example, I cap'd one I built next to my city as well. Budget = 220k warriors, Loss total = ~60k warrs, I was trying to send 20k loy waves, but as u can see, 220k - 40k (first wave loss) = 180k, so waves got slightly smaller (~15k). loss per wave is tiny. Only when you have all 10 hitting and then have to wait the next 1.5-2 minutes for next hit is there a slightly higher loss on the next wave to hit (still tiny though).

c) time taken to hit is actually less than the 3 minutes you state if you have your heores geared out and some mount gear applied. It speeds up troop travelling time, very useful.

d) I managed inside 6 minutes. No reason why u shouldn't, but even if u do get outside, only one respawn to face. 20k warrs will smush it easy.

e) GOOD LUCK

(c) Ravensigs production
    lol, you are worst than ardee... at least she tells you right away to pizz off lol
    Announcement:
    I will start randomly deleting a post of practicalfool here and there over time to mess with his mind.

Many thanks for the great advice, I'm just pumping out the extra warriors I need, should be trying it at some point tonight. I'll post how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by practicalfool View Post
    a) 6 minutes is server time ticker

That is untrue. 6 minute tickers is Age1.

Age2 NPCs regrow by the second

you are mistaken sir, look closer, its a little trick I won't spoil it for u

that said, my theory used to be 100% verified, but I've seen some variation in NPC behaviour by now

BUT, the full 10% regen still happens only every 6 minutes. That is confirmed.

(c) Ravensigs production
    Announcement:

I have noticed growth prior to the 6 minutes in age two...but then again i only have been spamming npcs heavy when they have a Historical Hero...i have heard that may affect regen rates?

Also is it possible that the 6 minute marker for 10 percent applies but it isnt bulk at 6 minutes it is split up over the 6 minutes...eg...6 warriors is 10 percent ...so every minute 1 warrior appears but at 6 minutes it will be the 10 percent sum...follow ? lol