Page 1 of 465 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Privateer

Default Privateer

The Schetzen Verge is a vast region of space located between the major galactic empires in the Orion Arm. Located in this region are many of the lesser powers and fledgling interstellar powers, as well as moderately advanced mini-empires. It is known as a galactic frontier region to the more "civilized" nations, as crimes such as piracy, smuggling, and slavery abound, and wars are quite prevalent among the native races. Far enough from the Achenaran Imperium so as not to be a concern, but close enough for the Achenarans to take an interest, the Schetzen Verge is the ideal region for privateering, as work was always plentiful.

And so the Achenaran Privateer Cruiser Marlin took to port in the station of Nexus, a crossroads of sorts between the local powers, and neutral to all governments. Nexus was a space station where one could make a fortune, or end up dead in a space gutter if not careful.

"Alright," nodded James Drake, Achenaran privateer, "We're docked. Anne, post a bulletin stating that the Marlin has arrived, looking for work and hiring on skilled crew should they fit the bill."

"Of course, James," said a holographic woman of almost supernatural beauty, "It's already posted."

"Way ahead of me, as usual. Alright, I'm going to head to the cantina. Keep an eye on the ship for me, will ya?"

"As always," smiled Anne, "Come home soon."

And with that, James Drake stepped onto the dirty rustbucket of an independent station, heading towards the bar and sitting himself at a table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigilstone17 View Post
    Holeypaladin is a pretty cool guy.
    I like swords.

Remember, don't give yourself away. Let them believe you're one of them, Ussmak Tessrek thought to himself, remembering what he was instructed to do. To many, he looked like an oversized lizard in armour. He wore the green and blue bodypaint on his dark green scales that marked him as a soldier of the Scaler Army.
    He sat in the cantina of the Nexus station, drinking an alcoholic beverage.
    Because of his unusual physiology, he had to sit on the bar stools in order to make room for his tail. A nearby waitress was obviously unhappy at having to move around it while carrying heavy loads of plates and mugs though.

Hissing to himself, Ussmak wondered when the next Achenaran vessel would arrive at the station.
    "I ain't gonna give no speeches... so let's just get this on!"

Drake ordered himself up a Black Label rum, imported from the Imperium itself. Such things were a rare luxury in this region of space, but since Nexus was known to service the occasional Achenaran privateer, they offered it regularly. He began to scan for potential employers or employees... both would know to contact him, by his bulletin, and he often preferred to meet them face to face before accepting any contracts.
    I like swords.

Garen was sitting in one of the corners of the cantina, drinking a clear-blue liquid, known as the famous Vanalite ale.

All these unknown faces, making me uncomfortable... he thought, and finished up his drink.
    Walking up to the Achenaran -- and towering over him by about a foot or two-- he put up a hand and smiled.
    "Garen Undia, Biologist and Physisist. Pleasure to meet you, sir. Your the captain of the Marlin, correct?"

"You're a Booby" ~William the Troll

Accepting the tall alien's hand, Drake nodded. "James Drake. So, what brings your introduction to my table? Hiring, looking to be hired? Or just wanting to chat?"
    I like swords.

"Actually, both. I would like to be added to your crew. Also, I would like to know more about who I'm working for." Garen said, and sat on one of the stools.
    "Are there any other people that would be joining the Marlin?"

Drake shrugged. "You'd be working for me. Everyone else aboard the ship, would be working for me. That's the gist of it... as for anyone else, well, you'd have to talk to them yourself. You're the first one who's approached me today. But... what skills do you have to offer a privateer vessel? And what job offers do you have for me?"
    I like swords.

"Well I'm an expert in foreign diseases, otherworldly animals and species that you might bump into, and I'm also educated in mutation. Oh, and I'm good with a scaple and needle." He said, ordering another glass of Vanalite ale.
    "These things go down like fruit juice."

"Hm. Maybe you can take on the position of surgeon in the med bay, and work as a... scientist, if we ever need one."

Drake shrugged. "Not sure the money you'd be making is anywhere near what you may be able to make working as a scientist for a powerful government. So why the desire for privateering?"
    I like swords.

Elizabeth moved around in the belly of the Marlin inspecting all of the machinery. The ship looked in good shape as usual. No glaring flaws that could lead to a potential disaster. Although Elizabeth would have liked a little more speed in the cruiser, she wasn't unhappy about it's pace. Maybe it was just her nature as a Possessor to love fast things. She moved back through the ship's engine room and up a ladder into a long corridor. Even wiht this higher ceiling, Elizabeth was still required to stoop slightly until she finally entered the bridge. Only in this open space was she able to draw herself up to her full hieght; a proud 7 foot, 3. Possessor's were naturally very tall, but skinny. She moved off to the side of the bridge to a holographic screen. Here she could run some tests on the entire ship, and make some modifications to anything she saw wrong. She took a seat in the chair in front of it and began her scan.