Thread: honor +screens

Default honor +screens

ok as requested below is the simplest description about honor, it has nothing to do with prestige it all about the cost of troops and fortifications.

It does NOT matter if you are the attacker or defender neither does it matter if you win or lose, all that matters is the losses on each side.

If you are attacked, by say 5000 cataphracts and defend well with pikes and abatis to kill 2000 but lose 500pikes and 500 abatis the cost to the attacker will be much greater than the cost to yourself therefore YOU will gain the honor.
    This is an example brought from an attack from narokay(kingdom) after they declared war on us(templar) the defender in question was speedscot, check his ranking in the honor stakes

screenshot 1

this player, a war target from pimp2, has 14952 honor much less than myself yet you see my positive honor . this was a standard quest fortis attack of 200 towers 100 abatis and 100 traps.

screenshot 2

another war target this time from kingdom, this one had 32666, clsoer to my total yet because the losses were much more significant on his side i gained much more honor.

now hopefully we can setle the honor question.

I would love to settle this; the question at issue however is not what role respective honor plays, but what role respective prestige plays. What’s more I am more than happy to admit the possibility that I am wrong or misunderstand something, but I do not think it is unreasonable to ask that some form of evidence be provided, or that that evidence be presented in a non-combative way.
    Thank you
    TWT

prestige is merely a model of award to show the constructive abilities of the player, troop training, building upgrades etc you get minimal prestige in combat, in fact i cant say i have ever noticed any prestige gain in pvp combat only ever from conquering npc towns, valleys and flats.

Honor is the model of award to show a players competency in battle, and only pvp battle.

I really aint doing it to prove you wrong personally, nor do it in a combatitive way, i am just so sick and tired of the amount of people giving advice, saying how things work etc etc that are completely wrong. Every day i log in to the forum to see the same question asked again and again and again, and nearly everytime it is answered incorrectly.

With no proper ingame manual or well anything hard fact coming from the developers everything has to be tried and tested extensively to bring through hard fact, then filter it through on these forums to the benefit of everyone else.

If that is why it came across as being combative, apologies, but as one of the few that had the benefit of playing lag free in closed beta to find fact from fiction, it is getting mightily irritating especially when everything known as fact to share with everyone comes under question from people that havnt got a clue. maybe i should just keep game benefiting info to myself, leave everyone to carry on playing in their dis-illusioned way and have no challenges, but then this game would become very boring very quick.

Quote Originally Posted by greatswift View Post
    If that is why it came across as being combative, apologies, but as one of the few that had the benefit of playing lag free in closed beta to find fact from fiction, it is getting mightily irritating especially when everything known as fact to share with everyone comes under question from people that havnt got a clue. maybe i should just keep game benefiting info to myself, leave everyone to carry on playing in their dis-illusioned way and have no challenges, but then this game would become very boring very quick.
    It's not what you say, but HOW you say it. A constant aggressive stance, barraging others will always come across as combative. You might be correct, and you may know more....but you really have a horrible way of communicating this to others.

may? what do you mean may know more

this isnt me personally every bit of info is gained through either experience with others during beta or new testing and challenges with the alliance, darwin is one of the best testers and always out there testing theories along with myself and narohker, until we have something 100% we keep on going, ev1 needs/deserves the right to know how things work in a game and once every little bit has been stripped down the pdf manual will be released.

until then, trying to convey and get the right info through 10 questions about the same thing every day always replied to with inaccurate or plain wrong info is hard and at sometimes frustrating, especially when people wont realise that forum mods are not linked directly to the game and, like 99.9% of the players dont have every answer, but will take their word as gospel and head off thinking wrong or inaccurate info is 100% fact.

in the question sticky at the top dankfire challenged me for proof with a very sarcastic know it all attitude, thats what probably made me seem aggressive, wouldnt you?

It's true.
    I'm never a nice person.
    But I have the experimental data to back up greatswift's claims and that's what matters.
    Don't mind me, I'm just a few slices short of a whole cake, and a few cards full of a short deck.

Dude, nice army. I really hope that we arent playing on the same server

Quote Originally Posted by Toothpaste View Post
    Dude, nice army. I really hope that we arent playing on the same server
    lol thats just a little bit ofc to remove towers and traps.
    which is 2troops per 1 trap for even losses, too many and not all traps get triggered.

70 archers per tower will remove all towers with no losses, dependant on tech level ofc.

Honor is probably a model to work against the lure of bullying smaller cities. If you have high honor and attack a weak opponent you stand to lose honor. Although I suppose if you have no honor you can't go negative?

Honor is definately a score related to PvP battles... I think it's more about effeciency in battle than anything else though...

I got a few hundred in honor in a two different battles were I was the bully