Thread: Raising NPC/Player Cities

Post Raising NPC/Player Cities

As we are all aware, an NPC exists forever unless you capture it then teleport it out of the space it occupies. Even then, if it is abandoned it is once again an NPC city (in the new spot). NPC are everywhere and occupy a great deal of space players then cannot use.

Why not have the option to raise a city to free up that space? You would first have to conquer the city (making it a player city), and then the raise option would be available. There could be a one-time bonus (money - food - treasure - whatever) and a deduction to honor or perhaps an attack penalty such as no attacks for 24 hours (similar to a teleport penalty). Maybe this option is only good when the city is first taken? We should be able to do this to a newly conquered city of another player as well.

Just as in medieval times, cities were raised/destroyed for various reasons and the spoils were taken to the victor?s city. I feel this would create a new strategy & challenge to the game.

Let me know what you think.

I like it in most aspects other then being able to come up with massive clusters of alliance cities where youd be reinforced in a few seconds if you were attacked. Its an okay idea, but yeah

Hope I helped! ^.^
    Click here to learn how to post proper posts

Im assuming this idea is for age 1?
    If so i cant comment.

If its for age 2 i like the idea because theres a lvl 5 city right were i dont want it, but wouldn't this eventually run the server out of NPC's?

Or do you have a plan B to handle this?

Quote Originally Posted by spikefin View Post
    Im assuming this idea is for age 1?
    If so i cant comment.

If its for age 2 i like the idea because theres a lvl 5 city right were i dont want it, but wouldn't this eventually run the server out of NPC's?

Or do you have a plan B to handle this?
    You cant conquer player cities in age 2, so yeah, you cant comment

Edit ~ but you can conquer NPCs, but saying that you cant build them without getting them taken away, you shouldnt be able to take them away, otherwise it would be possible to have a server without npcs, either way, still ment for age 1
    Last edited by Cupiditas; 05-31-2010 at 03:29 AM.

Hope I helped! ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Cupiditas View Post
    You cant conquer player cities in age 2, so yeah, you cant comment

Edit ~ but you can conquer NPCs, but saying that you cant build them without getting them taken away, you shouldnt be able to take them away, otherwise it would be possible to have a server without npcs, either way, still ment for age 1
    Glad you read the topic correctly and edited

I did the same thing and misread, only seeing the bits that applied to me :P
    Last edited by spikefin; 05-31-2010 at 03:47 AM.

In you Town- Whoops sorry Conquered ya town mate.

NPC Cities still stay up in AgeI the Same as they do in AgeII, they don't get purged, unlike many people seem to think they do.

So this idea would also be nice for AGEII

Quote Originally Posted by 0Spawn0 View Post
    NPC Cities still stay up in AgeI the Same as they do in AgeII, they don't get purged, unlike many people seem to think they do.

obviously you dont play age 2, i had all my lvl 5 npcs that i made a week ago removed a few days ago. I think the reason you think it isnt is because they do it at random, not at server mainten.

Please get info right/confirmed before posting. If you need more proof, why dose evony advertise age 2 as "No more bullys" and "No More Farming" then? Keyphrase being No more farming.

Hope I helped! ^.^

Again (Twice in 1 day) I have to agree with Cupiditas, My home made NPC's do dissapear in age 2.

As others said before, in Age II you would eventually run out of all NPC's on the whole map since NPCs cannot be made. Also, another problem I forsee in Age II is that your enemies would destroy all of the NPCs near your city to starve out your troops.

So yea, this wouldn't be feseable in Age II at all.

As for Age I, I see no reason not to allow this; however, I doubt it would be very high on the priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Spawn0 View Post

i think you`ll find they do after the 10 day server sweep of inactive players all my npc`s Poofed!

now i have 5 cities with no close npc`s to farm challenges challenges got to love it!
    you can still build an npc after server down time and farm for the day i assume this is a ploy to try to keep troop numbers down maybe...

anyway these are the parameters set before us so forward we must go!
    The idea of life is not to arrive at ones grave safely...
    But to hurl oneself at deaths gate with contempt in a body that can take no more....

But where does this Death guy live? coords if you have them...