Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Academy and research times

Default Academy and research times

I have been trying to figure out what affects research times but can't seem to put my finger on it. I have a level 7 academy and have a research time of 56 minutes 15 seconds on privateering, however base research time is 1 hour. On another server with a level 2 academy the research time is 1 hour. What's the deal here? Not seeing any buffs that increase research speed, only have the 1 academy...

i believe its your mayor doing it, correct me if im wrong

Hope I helped! ^.^
    Click here to learn how to post proper posts

The time discount on research is based on the intelligence of the mayor appointed at the time you start the research.

Appoint your worst intel hero and look at the research time, then appoint your best intel and look at the research time. You will see a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazzzzzzzzalicious! View Post
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Rota is correct.

I don't even understand the question.

Oh nice, anyone figure out this equation yet? Or am I going to have to do it? :P

Quote Originally Posted by eldub View Post
    Oh nice, anyone figure out this equation yet? Or am I going to have to do it? :P
    I do not know the math. But, since an intel hero is not really needed for anything except research, people delete them after research is all done. They are not worth putting much time/effort into leveling. I don't think figuring out the math is even worth the time. A mediocre intel hero still gets the job done sooner than you realize.
    i started to read this and agree with everything rota says. if people just listened to him the forums would be a better place.
    Rota is correct.

I am more wondering because I am making a spreadsheet and want my research times to be accurate .

Quote Originally Posted by eldub View Post
    I am more wondering because I am making a spreadsheet and want my research times to be accurate .
    Search google for the few Evony wiki-type sites. Maybe one of them went through the trouble of figuring it out. You can find the real "base time" by removing your mayor and checking the research time when no hero is appointed.
    Rota is correct.

Yea, that is what I did first but I get mostly evony age 1 info, and none of it really helpful . Came here in the hopes that someone here is better at math than I am :P.

Waiting for my server to go back up so I can try and figure it out ;D.

in the OT, under Morgan's desk, hiding with CHICK

Wish u'd asked a week ago or so. Now nearly all techs are 10 or nearl there. N yea, I'm one of the stupid intel hero leveller :P I'll look n post whatever I get.

(c) Ravensigs production
    Quote Originally Posted by llCHICKll View Post
    lol, you are worst than ardee... at least she tells you right away to pizz off lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    Announcement:
    I will start randomly deleting a post of practicalfool here and there over time to mess with his mind.

in the OT, under Morgan's desk, hiding with CHICK

time = hh:mm:ss

30 intel, privateering lv3 = 03:50:07
    40 intel, privateering lv3 = 03:48:30
    50 intel, privateering lv3 = 03:45:01

if they don't do it for u, lemme know.. I'll fiddle gear around to get more figures.

(c) Ravensigs production
    Quote Originally Posted by llCHICKll View Post
    lol, you are worst than ardee... at least she tells you right away to pizz off lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    Announcement:
    I will start randomly deleting a post of practicalfool here and there over time to mess with his mind.