Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [AGE 2]Historical Hero Rankings

*****Theory or thought only*****
    The Leadership thought was added as an additional column....i have a read a few threads indicating such...i will dig them up...nothing completely solid...thus why its just an additional thought...i believe there were a few war reports indicating it may be a factor...but without evony reinforcing the theory with solid proof it will remain a theory...either way im not convinced 100% that leadership is 1 for 1k...it could and in my opinion probably is much more complex in computing the result then that. And leadership over 100 ...factors in on Historical Cities...yes that would be the way i see it...but 139+150 for Henry would be 289 leadership....that would be hard to crack if he is sitting in atlantis...

1 Thread about 1k to 1 point leadership
    Last edited by AllDayXL; 06-03-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onuku View Post
    is there a cap the effectiveness of int or possible a soft cap on int i remember reading somewhere that int above a specific number didnt make any difference.
    i believe this was in a age 1 post
    Worker (D = 10)::: Int = 850*
    Warrior (D = 50):: Int = 850
    Scout ( D = 20)::: Int = 850*
    Pikes (D = 150)::: Int = 184
    Swords (D = 250):: Int = 50
    Archers (D = 50):: Int = 850
    Cavs (D = 180):::: Int = 128
    Phracts (D = 350): Int = 0 (it's actually a negative number so Phracts are already "defense capped" after IW10 - or IW9 to be exact - so that's why they're one tough mofo)
    Bal (D = 160)::::: Int = 163
    Pult (D = 200):::: Int = 100
    Ram (D = 160)::::: Int = 163
    Last edited by Satan; 06-03-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    I believe there is a thread on it somewhere, will edit this with link. But I do know there is a cap on the amount of life intel gives to all troops(except Phracts, intel does nothing with them).

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...ighlight=redux

Satan... the link is

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...ighlight=redux

It shows the theory and importance of having intel points when in defense...not sure about when attacking though.

Jason

All the angels sing........... Cuz your gonna die!

I truly hope everyone that finds this thread does the right thing and reps this seminal work, and recognizes the skillz presented here.

Thanks for putting this all together wish we had one thousand more like you ALLDAY.
    Last edited by Asmo; 06-03-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks Satin for the intelligence level data i have added the link to that thread in my original post...gringo i believe started it.

Jason

Appreciate that Asmo...just having fun

Leadership does not affect POL/ATTK/INT in building-producing/troop training/researching, so we can safely conclude it only has effect in battle.

If we can only theorize at this moment, we have to think like the devs. Likely, they first came up with the idea for the Workshop to have some real meaning, thus coming up with gear. However, with this gear, it would become to easy to attack LVL10 NPCs (and Historical cities perhaps)

Leadership has to be something that negates the increase in attribute points because of the gear. So low Leadership has to mean that the attribute points aren't fully effective. Possibly level 100 Leadership is where the stats are 100% effective. I wouldn't go farming LVL10 NPCs with a hero under 100 Leadership (or maybe when having very high gear), but that's just my gut feeling. Otherwise, it could be a sort of formula that affects the attributes in battle.

I have a hard time believing the 1 leadership = 1K troops, since it's not a very logical theory, and it seems that it's just guessing from 2-3 people. Does 50 leadership means that 50K troops get the gear boost? What troops would that be? And say you send 100K archers only with 50 Leadership (50K arc with full leadership / 50K without?), 25K of them die in a certain round, which ones have died? It's just too much of a hassle it seems. Would mess up the Age1 battle engine that got copied to Age II too much.

Edit: Got myself 2 heroes with same ATT and INT, 30 leadership difference, gonna run some tests.

Edit2: Possibly it could affect attribute point from gearing only. This would be my guess at this point.
    Last edited by Woldere; 06-03-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woldere View Post
    Leadership does not affect POL/ATTK/INT in building-producing/troop training/researching, so we can safely conclude it only has effect in battle.

If we can only theorize at this moment, we have to think like the devs. Likely, they first came up with the idea for the Workshop to have some real meaning, thus coming up with gear. However, with this gear, it would become to easy to attack LVL10 NPCs (and Historical cities perhaps)

Leadership has to be something that negates the increase in attribute points because of the gear. So low Leadership has to mean that the attribute points aren't fully effective. Possibly level 100 Leadership is where the stats are 100% effective. I wouldn't go farming LVL10 NPCs with a hero under 100 Leadership (or maybe when having very high gear), but that's just my gut feeling. Otherwise, it could be a sort of formula that affects the attributes in battle.

I have a hard time believing the 1 leadership = 1K troops, since it's not a very logical theory, and it seems that it's just guessing from 2-3 people.
    I agree...is it as simple as 1 to 1k...not proven/likely...as time progresses i think its importance will become more defined...ie atlantis battles...my next formula will include intelligence and leadership when placing value on historical heroes...continue the debate...this is great stuff...But i want to emphasize that we should not focus on the one column of each ranking sets this thread is to display the data and adds another dynamic by including leadership importance in AES (AES will likely be adjusted in the future)

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Woldere View Post
    I dont know about safely conclude...in theory a General that knows how to raise an army well usually has high leadership qualities...it would be interesting to see if it truly has no impact! Not that Evony translates directly from RL. Although a few of us spend our RL's playing this game lol...

Jason
    Last edited by AllDayXL; 06-03-2010 at 02:56 PM.