Page 444 of 564 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446454494544 ... LastLast
Results 4,431 to 4,440 of 5639

Thread: Artists' Lounge

TYTYTY H1T!

first try, went well in transparencey
    Don't even THINK about it.

Snap. Remembered what you just said. I accidentally told you how to make font translucent. When I reread the question I second thought that and thought that you meant background transparent.

Jpeg cannot save with a transparent background. .gif or .png (other formats such as .tiff can also, but that is irrelevant right now) can. Make sure you check Transparent when saving. In .png, Interlaced does not really matter. It just makes the loading of the picture different.

Problems that people face when making transparent backgrounds (such as renders): Background (picture, mainly named Background), is locked most of the time. Every time trying to make a rendering and the stock is locked, you will end up with a white background. Unlock that layer (by making the locked background a layer 1/0), and try cutting it.

If you are talking about the text, it is in your VM.

To Korakc:

A bit more on transparent backgrounds..

An easy way to check whether something's transparent or not would be to drag the picture to a new tab. If it's not transparent, you can see the white background behind it. If it is, then you should see only your tab in the background and the stuff you want. (Meaning your picture isn't actually transparent.)

Also when you save, make sure you can only see the checkered pattern behind your image. If you can see the white background, it's not transparent. I don't know if you use GIMP, but if you do, uncheck "Save Transparent Pixels." If you're rendering in that program, add an alpha channel first if your stock doesn't have one. Otherwise follow what Hit said.

Thanks Raven for the sig

Paying homage to RED on top of Mt. Silver

Hello fellow artists. I am having a little problem with animated Gifs. As I am sure some of you are aware they lagg in both Safari and Internet Explorer (and earlier versions of Chrome). I am a website designer and it is more accessible to a wider audience if I use animated Gifs instead of Flash.

So my questions are:

How do I fix the lagg issue in Safari, IE and earlier WebKit browsers?
    Can I fix the frame rate with JavaScript?
    Is there a particular way to save a Gif file to make it less laggy?
    Is there a fix with PHP?

( I've crawled through tons of HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP code but haven't found a fix )

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Professor X; 09-13-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Smudgin today!
    tryed a layout with c4d, smoothed it, put multiple layers down with same c4d smudged.

put a render on and smudged a little, didn't look very good -_-

You have three guesses. The first two don't count.

Didn't post these here before... hmmm...

"One World Into Another"

Concept for this one is how technology, like iPhones, have the power to link two completely different environments together into the same world, and how we are able to then traverse that massive distance through audio and video.

And also two tags I made. Spidey one isn't my best, but I kinda liked the cut out.

Cheerio

^Shenanigans in Inkscape^

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

It's always time for Tim's.

Quote Originally Posted by Arathorn136 View Post

"One World Into Another"
    Ohhhh I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetP View Post
    Ohhhh I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!!!!
    me 2

CnC on mine? never tryed smudging c4ds and fractals b4

Quote Originally Posted by Professor X View Post
    Hello fellow artists. I am having a little problem with animated Gifs. As I am sure some of you are aware they lagg in both Safari and Internet Explorer (and earlier versions of Chrome). I am a website designer and it is more accessible to a wider audience if I use animated Gifs instead of Flash.

So my questions are:

How do I fix the lagg issue in Safari, IE and earlier WebKit browsers?
    Can I fix the frame rate with JavaScript?
    Is there a particular way to save a Gif file to make it less laggy?
    Is there a fix with PHP?

( I've crawled through tons of HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP code but haven't found a fix )

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Use php to warn users using old versions to get the new one. I'm almost certain you can do that.

Also, is the problem caused by the frame rate or the gif extension itself not being supported in older browsers? If so, you could do a check-and-redirect page that would redirect older browsers to a duplicate page that uses static images, and use php/javascript to shuffle quickly, thus creating the impression of an animated picture. I don't think that this will possibly work since it's basically "creating" a gif in a complicated manner thus theoretically using more memory, but if it's a common bug to all these browsers, it's worth a shot.

I hope this will be useful

As a side note, are you certain it's not pc related?
    Last edited by GermainZ; 09-15-2011 at 01:44 PM.
    SOTM #2 - Congratulations to WarSimi!

Create custom forum themes | Germain's Evony Forum Customizer
    Germain's Evony Calculator (GCALC) | 20+ features (v2.7)

Might be opening a Graphics shop (again) (until I finish tutoring others).