Page 495 of 564 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 5639

Thread: Artists' Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Mismaah View Post
    Hi guys, it's been a while since I've posted here.
    My newest tags, CnC would be appreciated :3

I think for both, the flow and effects are good, but there could be a more defined light source and focal point. Maybe for the first, you could blur the net or background in the back a bit to add some depth, and for the second, just blend the render and C4Ds or 3D shapes in. The red hilt of the sword kinda stands out in terms of color, but both tags look good. Just try to make a clearer focus and mess with the lighting.

Thanks Raven for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Sickness View Post
    Hey anyone wanna give some CnC on this? Thanks guys

try to blend the render with the background more you can keep the same render background just add layer on top of it with a gradient map or something might wanna add more effects and try to get some flow in the image

You have three guesses. The first two don't count.

I'd like to extend my apology for that SOTW issue to here as well.

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...36#post1875436

^Shenanigans in Inkscape^

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

It's always time for Tim's.

can anybody make this into several gif avatars?
    Last edited by Scarlet89; 04-11-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Replacing 2nd pic with forum friendly version...

Quote Originally Posted by criplockin View Post
    They see me trollin, They hatin...
    please do visit my clubs because they are the places to be at and there is an anime pic war at one of my clubs and can you guess which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Aisukaze (in reference to SOTW#66 Voting) View Post
    For this one, do all of the artists who competed still post? Since there's that disqualification rule, and it's been a while since this SOTW.
    I'll email hawk and VM the others who haven't voted, so hopefully it doesn't come to disqualifications. However if it does, I don't think that rule is going to apply in this one. Purely because of the delay.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    "
    - Albert Einstein

This is something I did a while back, I went ahead and freehanded a few band logos, I thought they turned out pretty good.

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...f/1b5b51e7.jpg
    "Yes I've finally found a reason, I don't need excuse. I've got too much time on my hands, you are the one to abuse."

Check this out: http://Yamcha-Wolf.deviantart.com/profile/

Very cool incentive for the winner of SOTM, nice one Dawny!

What Simi said^

Just a reminder everyone, there's only 4 days left to submit your entry (not including today). Gogogogogo!

"
    - Albert Einstein

Even with that incentive, the lazy things haven't produced anything since... where's the creativity. :P

*hmm I'm not very good at reverse psychology >.> <.<
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/gerisul/Signatures/touhou.png

Quote Originally Posted by Roisina View Post
    Even with that incentive, the lazy things haven't produced anything since... where's the creativity. :P

*hmm I'm not very good at reverse psychology >.> <.<
    :P

I think Prod, Thorn, and lordbeastwn are the only people who are still yet to submit an entry. The clock is against them though, only about 30hrs left.

On that note i'm bringing the below conversation into this thread in the hopes that it will garner more discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jade~ View Post
    my first few sigs were text slaps ... oh the memories ... lol

anyways, i voted bi-weekly. I agree with the points raised about 1 week not being long enough for some people to get entries in and why some weeks we ended up with only 2 or 3 entries. I however think a month is too long, people will forget and the thread will drop to the bottom of the list. I think 2 weeks is a reasonable amount of time for artists to find time to get something in. Id also like to see a few more same render challenges instead of always a theme. Its interesting to see what people can do when they all start out with the same image, i enjoy them personally.

just thought id throw my two cents in, cause I can
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    by that jade meant that the host of the sotm would pick a single render for which everyone would use it to make a sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by eric0095 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roisina
    I have a suggestion. I set up a SotW on another forum over the past year and have since brought it back, but have members running it under the same format.

If it ever gets up and running again on a weekly basis.

What we do is...

SotW 1 runs with a theme chosen by the host.
    At the end of the week SotW1 voting thread goes up alongside new SotW2 theme also chosen by host....

At the end of week 2, results for week 1 are in, so the winner chooses the theme for week 3 and so on.

Voting thread runs alongside new SotW thread each week, with the winner choosing the theme for the next thread to go up.

It sounds confusing, but it actually runs really smoothly.

Just a suggestion... winner chosen themes seem to be really successful. It gives them something to look forward to in getting to chose the themes.
    In reference to the above and a PM from Roisina, what d'you guys think about the winner choosing the theme?

"
    - Albert Einstein