Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Improved Guide Library

Default Improved Guide Library

Improved Guide Library

Introduction: This is a library of all the guides that have been created in the Evony forums that are worth reading. Any guide you find here will be well put-together, have good info, and will be a great read. Before you start your own guide, it is highly suggested you take a look here before you begin. Why? Because before you write any guide, research is vital. You must get your facts down before you write a guide. It will also help in determining whether or not the topic in question has been written about.

Key: Anything in red is an Age II Guide. Anything in gray is an Age I guide. Anything that is Green, is both Age I and Age II. If the selection is Italicized, that thread is a sticky. If that thread is in boldface, I highly recommend it.
    Note: Guides are in no particular order.

Everything about NPC farming- By Lynore. Guide that shows how to farm lv 1-5 NPCs and offers a troop/resource chart for lv 1-10 NPC.

The Ultimate Guide- By Captain Virk and Lord Ken Deathmarr. Guide for most nearly everything in Age I.

Key Issues in Combat Mechanics- By Darkbrady. Guide that gives you a lot of useful information about combat in Age I. Can also be applied to Age II.

iSpy: How to Catch Spies- By TheFrozen. Guide that gives you ideas about how to catch spies within your alliance.

Advanced Level 10 NPC Guide- By WN1 Hit. Great guide explaining how to capture and farm level 10 NPCs.

Combat Calculator- By Britles. Great guide explaining the combat of Age II. Shows the usage of Intelligence in battle as well as providing formulas for damage. Also comes up with a vague idea of leadership. Finally, it provides a damage calculator.

EVERYTHING About Historical Cities- By Satan. Great guide explaining everything about Historical Cities. Level 12 and 14 conquering method included.

Base Stats of Historical Heroes- By AllDayXL. Not really a guide anymore, but it is the place to post your Historical Hero base stats.

Facebook Gifting Guide- By LadyMuffin. Great guide showing the different rewards that Facebook can give you through free gifts.

Awesomeness5577's Medal Guide
    - By Awesomeness5577. Theory about how where to find different medals

Combat Calculator Redux
    - By Britles. Great guide for combat in Age I. Shows the importance of intelligence when attacking as well as providing a damage calculator for Age I.

Life as a Colony
    - By practicalfool. Guide that helps you revolt against your suzerain. Please do not use these tactics as I am most likely your suzerain

Prestige Farming: The Long Way- By AEtherchild. Guide explaining the the ways to Prestige farm.

Hellfire's (Advanced) Combat Guide- By hellfire566. Amazing guide showing the ins and outs of combat for Evony.

Medal Farming Guide
    - By Doomstead. Guide detailing how to farm for medals.

Spawn's Simple Historic City Capture Guide- By 0Spawn0. Guide showing the method of capturing a Historical City by brute force. Works well if you aren't much of a tactician and like to throw waves of waves of Archers. Much more safe method.

Instant Troops- By DCJeroba. Guide showing the hero attack levels you must attain before you can have instant troops.

Max Hero Attribute Range Table- By AllDayXL. Guide that shows the max hero attribute levels in Historical Heroes and regular heroes.

ASMO's Awesome Age II Guide
    - By ASMO. Amazing guide for nearly everything in Age II.

So you want to write a guide...Eh?- By Rasterbee. Great guide that EVERYONE must read. Seriously, half the guides in this section aren't even guides.

Level 8 Farming and Conquering Guide- By practicalfool. Guide that explains how to conquer and farm a level 8 NPC

Instant Wall Defenses- By thierryd. Guide that shows the amount of Politics your hero needs to have before instant troops.

City Structure Guide- By 0Spawn0. Guide that gives you an idea of how your city should look.

Guide to quickly colonize 400 cities-
    By Evonator. Guide that gives you the method on colonizing 400 cities to get the extra 10% drop rate.

Upgrading Star Level Guide
    - By DarkhoundDave. Guide that shows you the ins and outs of upgrading the star level of your gear.

Diplomacy 101- By Boleslav. Great guide detailing how you can be a successful diplomat for your alliance.

Helpful Posters- These are the people on the Evony forums that you should definitely ask your questions too. They are the greatest men and woman Evony has, and always make sure to be polite. Of course you can always PM me, but I am leaving myself of the list.
    0Spawn, Woldere, Asmo, AllDayXL, ninno20, TCWNME, DCJeroba, SweetP, nalibomb, Awesomeness5577.

Note: That list is a work in progress.

Final note: Because no one is perfect(note even Satan), I have probably missed some guides. If this is the case, please PM or VM me the link. Make sure these guides are only MUST-SEE guides. If it is just some random start-up guide that has been covered 1000x, then I will not put it in the Library. If your guide has been left out, or any other guide that you feel should be included in the guide, reply to the thread and explain why your guide should be included in the library. If you impress me enough, your guide or whatever guide your campaigning for will be included.

Last edited by Satan; 08-06-2010 at 10:44 PM.

in the OT, under Morgan's desk, hiding with CHICK

sweetP's account starting guide: http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=130306

my anti-colonization guide :'(... http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=127456

PS: LordSav needs to make his guide be not a text wall.
    Last edited by practicalfool; 06-10-2010 at 11:28 PM.

(c) Ravensigs production
    Quote Originally Posted by llCHICKll View Post
    lol, you are worst than ardee... at least she tells you right away to pizz off lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    Announcement:
    I will start randomly deleting a post of practicalfool here and there over time to mess with his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by practicalfool View Post
    sweetP's account starting guide: http:// bbs.evony .com /showthread.php?t=130306

my anti-colonization guide :'(... http:// bbs .evony. com/showthread.php?t=127456

PS: LordSav needs to make his guide be not a text wall.
    Your anti-colonization is making me mad because now people are uprising against me EVERYDAY. It's beyond annoying.

Added SweetP's guide. I'm thinking about adding yours

in the OT, under Morgan's desk, hiding with CHICK

roflmao

hehe, seems like nobody on my server reads it.

pssttt.... ever since I crushed the guy's commission quest uprise, he doesn't bother :P
    Last edited by practicalfool; 06-09-2010 at 01:35 PM.

(c) Ravensigs production
    Quote Originally Posted by llCHICKll View Post
    lol, you are worst than ardee... at least she tells you right away to pizz off lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Alusair View Post
    Announcement:
    I will start randomly deleting a post of practicalfool here and there over time to mess with his mind.

Paying homage to RED on top of Mt. Silver

Professor X's Guide- Actually Hod's Guide. A good walkthrough.
    Only part of it is the HODS guide. The rest is mine

Quote Originally Posted by Professor X View Post
    Only part of it is the HODS guide. The rest is mine
    Changed it up a bit for you.

lol thats better. Thank you

Man your hard to please... just a pretty good guide???? Its a sticky for crying out loud!!! lol I'm just joking! Nice to see some one has taken the time to this! And its great to see your back on the forums Satan.
    Retired Writer Dude

"People can be whoever they want on the internet, but so many choose to be dumb."

Quote Originally Posted by captian virk View Post
    Man your hard to please... just a pretty good guide???? Its a sticky for crying out loud!!! lol I'm just joking! Nice to see some one has taken the time to this! And its great to see your back on the forums Satan.
    Yeah I agree with you. Great work Satan

Quote Originally Posted by captian virk View Post
    Your start-up guide isn't stickied. Your Ultimate Guide is.