Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Account Hack

Well, I really donno how serious is evony about account hack... I even doubt if evony really bothers about such things.

As it is almost 20 hrs passed my account was hacked, more than 15 hrs have complained to almost all the moderators as well as have have complained through the new help ticket system, but jus a couple of sympathetic mails from a few of Moderators [Really thank to them for their reply]. But in action or help nothing.

[[[[[[[[[[ I jus reported abuse with this message and fact. Pls go thru it and suggest me something ;-

"It's between server time between 5:00 to 10:00 dated "06-09-2010".
    My account on "N1" with lordname "SAGAR" was hacked and missed used.

My cities were barbaded and all my heros were thrown out. any many other nasty things. I really donno if "Evony" will like to get me out of this situation. But I at the same time feel "Evony" atleast tries to search for the one who hacked it.
    I won't like to blame "Evony" or anyone round the whole server as I accept tht there was some problem from my side when my antivirus stopped working since last 2 days. But am sure tht some external string was used to get access of my account.
    Also will like to know if "n1.evony.com/s.html?adv=www_evony_com_inde " is legal website of Evony.

Sincerely
    Sagar]]]]]]]]]

Is it Evony totally want to put my account hack on non-working of my antivirus ?
    or,
    they jus don't bother unless and untill they get good users who have lots of money to waste ?

I have not asked asked evony to replace my losses or anything like tht. I even donno if the hacker of my account has used my Credit-Card info to use money in and for Evony.
    Wht I am requesting evony is tht to take my complain seriously and try to sort out this hacking problem atleast not for me but for all players round all server.

The hacker has barbaded my cities and dismissed my heros... well tht was only loss of efforts of 1 full year.. nothing else ... and efforts dosen't profit Evony ... is it tht way ... coz yet I have not received any confirmation mail from Evony they they will take prompt action in relation of stopping hacks of any sort of things tht way.

I hear it from most of players abt some bot called "Evony helping hand 2.0" ... a bot used for such things ... even one of the moderators supports me by telling tht "n1.evony.com/s.html?adv=www_evony_com_inde " is Evony website, but at the same time I am questioned tht why don't I simply use "throughn1.evony.com/s.html" itself.
    Also I am told " follow up at helpspot.evony.com and if your account was hacked, run virus scans, change your email address password, then reset your Evony password - in that order. That will get you back on track. " but wht after tht, what abt my losses. And if it happens again in relation or someone else then who again is to consider losses ?

Is it like "ALWAYS ONLY THE PLAYERS MAKE MISTAKES, WHICH IS NOT TO BE BOTHERED BY EVONY ?"

LOL, If thts the case then am sure it's Evony deciding who should be playing the game and who should be kicked out ... is it ?

How come all idiot players who make mistakes come to know about "Rescource - Hack" "Botting", "Account-Hacking" etc etc b4 the smartest Evony Team ?

I expect a proper answer from Evony, and probably from the person who really had hight authority to manipulate processings of such things... and hope my expectation isn't hight enough.

Sorry but I missed out adding. "If considered any one of good players account is hacked and cleared out his everything ... and also consider tht the player had made some mistake and so was hacked... then from where should tht person start ? or should he simply Quit Evony ?

Also will like to know .. tht since last more than year I have spent daily more than atleast 10 hrs [atleast] on evony ... wht would evony say " Have if spent it or have I wasted it "
    Last edited by AbstractAngel; 06-09-2010 at 04:28 PM.
    "I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."

This is Evony's stance on account hacking: http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=27554

As for your issue, the only thing you CAN do now is this:

1. Run an online virus scan to make sure there isn't any software compromising your network that would be an open portal for this kind of thing. (PM me if you need some online scanner suggestions/links)

2. Once the scan is completed on all systems attached to your network, Reset your email address password

3. Reset your Evony account passwords

That's the best preventative measure you can do. Once that is done if there were viruses:

1. Change any important information you've recently used online (banking passwords, facebook, etc)

2. Don't ever lend your information to anyone

3. Make sure your OS and Antivirus stays up to date

Hope that helps guide you a little!

Compliments of the wonderful Warsimi!

Sir,
    I have already done these things as soon as I got out of this dream of my account hack

now what to do after tht ?

Quote Originally Posted by AbstractAngel View Post

Once that is done if there were viruses:

1. Change any important information you've recently used online (banking passwords, facebook, etc)

2. Don't ever lend your information to anyone

3. Make sure your OS and Antivirus stays up to date

Hope that helps guide you a little!
    ^^This^^

Evony's stance does not include compensation for anything lost during hacks. They can't help you further in that respect.
    Last edited by AbstractAngel; 06-10-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Sir, it's not for compensation am posting it here, nor I have given up from game nor do I have any intentions sort of tht kind, Previously sent 10-12 hrs now will waste a couple of hrs more and rebuild. I have my friends from whole or server to help me out of this situation, even those who r hostile with me atm have offered all sort of help.
    Thts not what I am asking for... but my intentions are always to to ask abt the processing to the Evony seniors abt such happenings on many of the servers. Previously there was botting ... laters there came some sort of resource-glitch ... and now this time .. Account hacking ... hope some day it dosen't come server hacking

Jus had been doubting promptness of Evony Team against such illegal practice. Making the policies or 10 pages and at the time of implementation considering only a paragraph from tht policy isn't gonna work. I had experienced it at the time of botting, and even at the time of resource glitch ... so many complains but never saw any action taken against my complains.
    Now if I loose my account .. ... do I loose anything ? or also if I gain a few things from some compensation pack... do I really gain anything ...

Not me ... but ask any player on any server wht his reactions will be when he looses "9 hero's above 410 attack", " 9 hero's above 200 politics", "8 cities with full resource fields with all lv. 10 saw-mills or all lv. 10 Iron-mines"

All the time when I have tried to tell anything to Evony, it was considering from mind of players as myself also includes in the same. If Fair game, Secure-Atmosphere, Prompt-Action, Best service arn't gonna be implemented, howmuch is the life-line expectation from both end's ?

Evony does sweeps and bans users botting
    Anyone banned which through investigations on Evony's end proved not to be using cheats, they were compensated in game for it

They do not assist with account hacking, only suggest (Same idea as someone hacking into your computer, facebook, personal email, etc. There isn't anything the companies can do but warn you against it)

As for bugs/glitches, they work on fixing those, in fact you will find a ton of threads from Evony representatives specifically posting on bug/glitch fixes. They work hard to fix problems, and each specific issue is dealt with for compensation depending on severity and duration. Evony has done I think 3 system wide compensation packs (or something like that) since they started for major major issues.

On far away planet in far away ebil galaxy

SAGAR, I haven't got chance yet to meet you, I am sorry about your account and any other that met same fate. I know how much work every one of us put in our accounts.... and what hapened to you is plane cruleness and evilness.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Snott View Post
    Dont confuse him Ghost, he's Swedish

I won't like to talk much abt botting or hacking as am a real noob in understanding tht sort of things... also won't like to talk anything about compensation and am not expecting it for me, but always had expecting things a bit speedly, It was jus in 30 mins of my account been hacked my players had instantly reported abt it to Evony time. And as soon as I came online .. i.e. round max 3 hrs of all this crab happened I had personally reported all this thing. and had been expecting my account getting freezed, along with a couple of followup mails from evony team. As tht according to the point of view of players it dose very high consideration. yet I have kept myself cool and polite. and jus with the expectation of some action against the person who doing such mess round Evony. After my account now I hear tht similar thing happened to another one of the best players on the Server who already and instantly declared his retirement ....
    Is it so hard for evony where they find better to loose players who are affected un-knowingly ? Is it even more tough to freeze tht particular players account and restore or roleback his account to last confirmed action ? Is it so difficult for Evony to trace the hackers via I/P scan and take appropriate action against them ?
    Is it coz some players like me who r affected don't or least use real money in the game ... while the ones enjoying that part spent and give a lot of earnings to Evony... so no action is to be taken on them ?

I really feel myself respected atm as getting replies from you Sir, but all these things are jus full of sympathy which not gonna replace losses.

Any way, thankx a lot for your replies and your valuable time u share to reply me ...
    Last edited by SaGaR; 06-09-2010 at 06:08 PM.

evony can trace the ip that logged in when you were hacked and check to see if it belongs to another player then ban them.

Sagar - I'm very sorry this happened to you. The amount of work put into any account is consderable and to have somebody maliciously destroy all that work is just...well I can't even find the right word for it.

Abstract - I think the point that Sagar is really trying to make here is that the Player Base had identified this problem minutes into it's occurance. They notfied Evony Admins via the trouble tickets immediately, but there was no response. I think he's also saying that potentially the damage could have been minimized had Evony Support seen this as a Severity 1 problem that required IMMEDIATE attention and simply froze his account. His complaint stems from the unbelieveable delay in response from Evony regarding ANY of these kinds of things. Further, he's saying that there was a whole range of things Evony could have done had they responded. Anyhow, I think that's the feedback SOMEBODY needs to give to Evony. Response time on support requests SUCKS. I know with a PBASE of millions it's impossible to service every request immediately, but there are ways to prioritize the requests and work the highest priorities immediately.