Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New State Netherland: Archive Inactives

Default New State Netherland: Archive Inactives

ok, so the new state idea OLD and not such a great one, so please bear with me because this is substantially different.

The new state Netherland
    No Combat
    Time is frozen (no production or upkeep)
    Give a "State teleporter" to players in this state
    state is not visible to anyone in any other state
    Troops cannot march.

Sounds pointless? I agree. So i must have a reason, Yup i do.

EDIT: Alot of people are misunderstanding the concept it seems, this is to work alongside the current in active clearing protocol. not instead of it, this idea is supposed to target the accounts that arn't currently being removed from the game world. This idea is based on the continued posts of age 1 inactive threads. Although im age 2, an age 1 player once pointed out to me the likely hood that age 2 servers would have a worse fate then age 1 servers, due to the fact age 2 players can have 10 citys each for eternity if they have paid. This idea is current for age 1 servers and preemptive for age 2 servers.

The idea is this would satisfy complaints i frequently hear about inactives, and help in evonys attempts at fairness.

Evony would ideally create a new set of inactive rules (Keeping the current ones deleting basicly unused accounts)

The new rules would be based on accounts that had been more developed before becoming inactive.

Under these circumstances instead of "Deleting" The account the account would be "Archived" in this new state, Cleaning up server space and maintaining the city's of players that had originally spent time developing before becoming inactive.

If one of these inactive returns, they simply get a prompt for "Which state would you like your citys in?"

And the city's are randomly teleported to that state.

Im going to assume that your already typing about people using it to there advantage to remove colonization, or avoid impending attack. I would suggest an inactivity period of 60 days. If there that desperate to get un-colonized... so be it i say.

I also hear you murmuring about what if they all comeback at once and flood the server?

Could always only allow them onto servers under 90% capacity, In the case that the server they came from was 99% full then they would be prompted to change servers.

Sure if they are phycic elite people they could use this to there advantage by logging off for 60 days and then get a state change because they knew the server would be 99% full.

Thats it, Please comment.
    Last edited by spikefin; 07-16-2010 at 05:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyBunny View Post
    I personally support the idea of a No-Spend server. Actually, we have one in place, but it is reciprocal. The players don't spend on it, and we don't either. In fact, we've never purchased hardware for the server, .

good idea dude!plus repp
    The New Names ROCKO Server 163 Come at me

Hmm, this is a good idea...Just dont allow anyone to port in there or start in there....

Did point out no one in any state can see the state netherland,
    My implication was no one could willingly enter the state

Also why i gave a 60 day inactivity example, should greatly reduce the people trying to exploit it in one way shape or form.

I still hear murmurs about multi accouters somehow ruining it. Just haven't put my finger on the exploit yet.

Thanks for the positive feedback and rep
    I personally support the idea of a No-Spend server. Actually, we have one in place, but it is reciprocal. The players don't spend on it, and we don't either. In fact, we've never purchased hardware for the server, .

Quote Originally Posted by spikefin View Post
    ok, so the new state idea OLD and not such a great one, so please bear with me because this is substantially different.

The new state Netherland
    No Combat
    Time is frozen (no production or upkeep)
    Give a "State teleporter" to players in this state
    state is not visible to anyone in any other state
    Troops cannot march.

Sounds pointless? I agree. So i must have a reason, Yup i do.

The idea is this would satisfy complaints i frequently hear about inactives, and help in evonys attempts at fairness.

Evony would ideally create a new set of inactive rules (Keeping the current ones deleting basicly unused accounts)

The new rules would be based on accounts that had been more developed before becoming inactive.

Under these circumstances instead of "Deleting" The account the account would be "Archived" in this new state, Cleaning up server space and maintaining the city's of players that had originally spent time developing before becoming inactive.

If one of these inactive returns, they simply get a prompt for "Which state would you like your citys in?"

And the city's are randomly teleported to that state.

Im going to assume that your already typing about people using it to there advantage to remove colonization, or avoid impending attack. I would suggest an inactivity period of 60 days. If there that desperate to get un-colonized... so be it i say.

I also hear you murmuring about what if they all comeback at once and flood the server?

Could always only allow them onto servers under 90% capacity, In the case that the server they came from was 99% full then they would be prompted to change servers.

Sure if they are phycic elite people they could use this to there advantage by logging off for 60 days and then get a state change because they knew the server would be 99% full.

Thats it, Please comment.
    i agree with that AND it is also a place wear a person could go just to like build troops untill they are ready for combat
    Ladies you can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Bob B. View Post
    AND it is also a place wear a person could go just to like build troops untill they are ready for combat
    No, that is not the intended use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by crappyservers View Post
    No, that is not the intended use for it.
    He said it best, But to clarify. The fact i chose to call it Another state called netherland. Is just to make the concept easier to understand.

The state would not actually exist and you couldn't play on it.
    Could have labeled the thread
    "MISC Evony should archive in actives to free space"

just like to have a story reasoning and explanation as to how a new player could appear fully outfitted.

It would just be were inactives were so that they wern't deleted. Freeing up space on servers, And still giving those players the option to return.

Quote Originally Posted by spikefin View Post
    He said it best, But to clarify. The fact i chose to call it Another state called netherland. Is just to make the concept easier to understand.

The state would not actually exist and you couldn't play on it.
    Could have labeled the thread
    "MISC Evony should archive in actives to free space"

just like to have a story reasoning and explanation as to how a new player could appear fully outfitted.

It would just be were inactives were so that they wern't deleted. Freeing up space on servers, And still giving those players the option to return.
    oooo ok thanks
    Ladies you can't fix stupid

I wholeheartedly support this endevor!!!!!!! Us active guys need our space

Maybe even have a 5 dollar archived fee to retrieve the account. Paying 5 bucks to get your city and reaserches ect back is definately better than having an account wiped out completely, and that comes with a speech
    text and random porter to bring the account back up
    Last edited by Quantum Leap; 07-13-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Double post.

In Netherland, city ports you!

Anyway, I like the idea.