Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star bonus

Default Star bonus

ok so does getting all your stars on your gear at a even amount say all your gear is 4 star do you get a bonus from it? besides for each indiviual gear

I think not sadly
    ------> xTeKt0n1c, <------
    (Age 1)--> N1 -Saints/Souls - Host (Rank 30) RETIRED
    (Age 1)--> N1 - Infinite - Member (Rank 1) RETIRED
    (Age 2)--> Na1 - 3OO - Member (Rank 2) RETIRED
    (Age 2)--> Na17 - HYDRA - Vice Host (Rank 7) ACTIVE
    *** My gauntlets are stainless... are yours? ^_^ ***

i even wonder if star levels actually affect anything at besides what you see.

So far as i can tell, there are 6 things that star levels could affect:

1 - hero stats on the hero statistics
    2 - Troop training time of an attack hero
    3 - resource production on a politic hero
    4 - building construction on a politic hero
    5 - research time on an intel hero
    6 - attack bonus on an attack hero

So far I am 100% positive star levels dont show up for item 1
    I am also 99% positive that star levels do not affect number 2

I have not looked into numbers 3 4 or 5 yet but should be fairly easy to see if they affect that as well.

Only hard one to test is number 6 due to all the extra variables involved, but if star levels dont affect atleast 2 of those items i would safe its fairly safe to assume that star levels may not affect the rest either.

I will look at numbers and see if i can see if stars affect items 2, 4, and 5 and will update this past with my findings.

so far though I am 99% sure on troop training one because using the formulas from the guide forum and ignoring star levels i can accurately calculate my troop training times. Once I add in star levels the formula no longer matches the times displayed in game and if i tried to make them match the formula would become much more complex than the current assumption.

Current assumption for troop training time:

Time to train = base_time * (0.9* research_lvl)*(0.9986^hero_attack)

base_time = base training time of the unit with no hero or research

Research_lvl = Military science or metal casting lvl depending on unit (mechanics is metal cast rest are military science)

hero_attack = attack stat of mayor.

As long as I ignore star level bonus (basic armor bonus counts though), this formula match what i get in game 100% of the time with all sorts of hero attack lvls. that include with or without basic armor bonus. Once you try to include star levels the formula does not work for the longer build units like cataphact and above. Adding in star lvl bonus actually breaks the formula enough that the 0.9986 becomes a range of values from 0.9945 to 0.9978 and the values would be different depending on troop trained and hero attack lvl.

Considering stars at low levels barely add much to a Hero the difference will be small. It would be best to test at higher levels...when you have a star set 8 maybe...even star set 5 is in the mid 20s for attribute increasing...id like to see someone getting 100 bonus points test the theories...

1) is obvious
    2-6) Not obvious and id like more research before you quote 99%...if anything id agree that impact on 2-6 is still being figured into formulas...not that your 99% sure it doesnt impact...thats a big stretch...Id like to know what star levels you have so that the your analysis can be truly factored...

i get a bonus of only 5.32 from stars atm, but on catapults, the time to build is long enough that the difference is noticable.

attack hero is 196.32 with stars

build time for one catapult in game -> 26 minutes 40 seconds

build time using the formula with stars

6000*(0.9*10)*(0.9986^196.32) = 1589 seconds (rounded down as the game seems to do) = 26 minutes and 29 seconds

build time same hero removing the 5.32 from star levels

6000*(0.9*10)*(0.9986*191) = 1600 seconds = 26 minutes 40 seconds

this is why i saw 99% positive that stars do not affect troop training. I have a spread sheet that makes it easy for me to check and even with only 5.32 bonus from stars i can see build time differences in cataphract, transporters, ballista, battering rams, and catapults. Catapult is the one with the biggest difference as it has the longest base build time.
    Last edited by Selak; 06-15-2010 at 10:06 AM.

yes staring your gear for those things does work if you use a atk hero with stared gear vs non star gear atk hero the time to make troops is reduced a good bit but mainly more effective in larger number of troop Q also same with production and research stars do effect it all

Quote Originally Posted by *Tan* View Post
    yes staring your gear for those things does work if you use a atk hero with stared gear vs non star gear atk hero the time to make troops is reduced a good bit but mainly more effective in larger number of troop Q also same with production and research stars do effect it all
    you miss understood what i said..

Star level bonus are NOT affecting my troop training.

My in game reported training time matches the calculated training time if i remove the added 5.32 attribute points from star lvls.

In other words, when training troops, my 196.32 attack hero is treated as if its only a 191 attack hero.

As for the multiple items, then game calculates the time for training 1 and then just multiplies that time by how many you want to train.

Well till wat i saw my hero gears are equipped with star lvl 9 which gives me +8.29 on each gears and yes they are very much effective besides upgrading your gears.But not sure if they effect in making the attacking hero build troops more faster than usual attacking hero without being equipped but for sure they increase the attack good.

Retired :: Na1(Marines)
    Now in Na24 (INVICTUS)

It does exactly the same as if your hero was actually that attack, so if with stars u have 400attack, ur now building with a 400 attack hero

Still dont show up in the satistics for your star level for some reason through, i would be sat there with 400somthing attack and would still say like 340 in statistics
    [Ninno20 aka Olympia aka Rhys]
    and i will remember your name and face
    on the day you are judged by the funhouse cast
    and i will rejoice in your fall from grace
    with a cane through the sky like "none shall pass"

Quote Originally Posted by ninno20 View Post
    It does exactly the same as if your hero was actually that attack, so if with stars u have 400attack, ur now building with a 400 attack hero

Still dont show up in the satistics for your star level for some reason through, i would be sat there with 400somthing attack and would still say like 340 in statistics
    this is not what i am seeing ninno.

troop training is not affected by star bonus.

with stars my here is 196.32 attack

yet for troop training the game thinks my hero is only 191 attack. this difference is noticable when training cataphract, transports, ballista, battering rams, and catapults (catapult showing the largest difference).

as mentioned above...i should be getting 11 seconds from the 5.32 attribute bonus from stars when training catapults but i am not.

I am however fairly sure that stars do affect attack. but it looks like star levels do not affect troop training.